• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Is this another rant about being against the "stay at home" orders?  Cause if it is, I already covered that topic with you. I see you have thrown in the abortion issue.  sure what that has to to with the "stay at home" order but it is what people do on this site when they can not think of any other way to win a debate. At less you left Hitler out of the issue. But I have not read through the rest of this thread, so Hitler may be in there somewhere yet. 

It would make me happy if "abortion" was thrown in to just about any commentary about what is wrong with America or any other nation in this world. It is the most grievous sin being committed in this day and age. In my comment, I was showing that many who claim that they are "attempting to save life" are the same ones who gleefully take the lives of innocents each and everyday. It saddens me that so many put their trust in this kind of people and ignore the truths. You can mock the concept of the evil of abortion if you desire and you can ignore the past evil of someone like Hitler. But the same evils exist today and people in America and in the nations across this earth need to wake up and be aware of it. 

• Well Said! 1

9 hours ago, LadyKay said:

I worry about you. Did you hear about the pastor who ignored the stay at home order and had church anyway. This was on March 22. He got the virus and died on Easter Sunday.  

https://people.com/health/virginia-pastor-dies-coronavirus-after-holding-packed-church-service/

Appreciate the worry but it is misplaced. Our church is going back to attending as we always have.

• Well Said! 1

I heard a doctor this morning who exposing so many of the falsehoods about this virus. He recommended simply the use of Zinc 50 to 100 milligrams a day and the drinking of Shwepps tonic water which contains quinine as a simple way to fight this virus and a way to prevent the virus. He stated that the use of quinine and zinc is already being shown effective in some of the hospitals.  Just something of interest, you can investigate it yourself, but it does seem to be something worth looking into for those worried about this virus.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Addy said:

@Tigger56   I too value the sanctity of human life, and feel we should do all that is in our power to prolong and to protect life, but those who seek to shame and attack some of us for being angry at the removal of liberty and freedom by telling us that we must protect life even if it means destroying more lives and our livelihood are the same people who support and promulgate the murder of millions of unborn children. 

The above is a quote from you. 

First of all... I absolutely do NOT desire to dis-respect... mock.... shame... or chastise ANYONE for what they are feeling. Feelings are preciously unique and important.

If you look at your statement... you are labelling anyone who disagrees with you as a "supporter of abortion". I am assuming that this is in reference to the "left". I do not agree with your opinion regarding the "permanent" loss of your freedoms... nor do I agree that anyone should be congregating in any kind of crowd at this time... and I can assure you... I do NOT support abortion... nor am I a democrat. LOL

Being that I am not American... my words may not mean much to you, however... I am trying to understand in a "real way" what it means to have this American "Pride". This is a very foreign concept in Canada... or maybe it's just me that is simple. I have GRATITUDE... not PRIDE. I am not possessive of a piece of land that isn't even mine to begin with. I was born here... I like my country... and I am happy to live here... but I don't feel OFFENSE when someone tells me something that is wrong. There are a great many things WRONG with Canada... I agree.

However... as a whole... I believe we try our best to respect and listen to our Government and Authorities... and for those who choose NOT to follow the laws of the land... there are penalties. 

I truly understand the turmoil and even torment that America is going through... We are ALL facing the same problems... at the same time. 

What I don't understand is the lack of honesty coming forth from the American President at this time. It seems every time he makes a speech..."Everything is a fine, and we are doing a GREAT job". There is NEVER an admittance of any errors that have been made along the way. He seems to continuously need PRAISE... and the saddest of all is his outright ATTACK of those states that are SCREAMING for ventilators.

I have tried so hard to understand the thinking of my fellow Americans... and sadly I have failed. What I do understand however... is that this PRIDE that is being reflected as the AMERICAN WAY is absolutely repulsive and not in any way... shape... or form... an attribute of God. 

I understand that some who read this will most probably take it as an ATTACK... I am not going to defend my thoughts... they are simply a reflection of how I feel.   

Don't remember using the word "pride", but I am an American and I did serve in our military, so in that regards I am proud to be an American and I am proud that I served. However, it doesn't mean that I am proud of everything that our country does or in everything that our leaders do. In regards to Trump, I think he is a good president, far better that the one that preceded him! But Trump isn't perfect and I don't agree with all of his decisions, such as the ones he has been making in regards to this virus and how to handle it. He has been mislead by "experts" and mislead by the false media that he usually had a record of discerning before this.  It has been a travesty of misinformation, exaggerations of truth and lies set forth by the supposed experts. When we look back upon it hopefully many will begin to see it better in hindsight than they have during this time.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, Addy said:

I think you misunderstood... I said I hoped that my view point would not cause offence or attack.... You are right... NO one here has done that.

Well I'm glad we cleared that up.? 

27 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Appreciate the worry but it is misplaced. Our church is going back to attending as we always have.

Well I did my part by trying to warn you the rest is up to you. Is that even allowed where you are?

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

18 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I heard a doctor this morning who exposing so many of the falsehoods about this virus. He recommended simply the use of Zinc 50 to 100 milligrams a day and the drinking of Shwepps tonic water which contains quinine as a simple way to fight this virus and a way to prevent the virus. He stated that the use of quinine and zinc is already being shown effective in some of the hospitals.  Just something of interest, you can investigate it yourself, but it does seem to be something worth looking into for those worried about this virus.

What a bunch of rubbish. Quinine was effective for malaria during the Yellow Fever caused and transferred my mosquitos during the outbreak in 1942, but can do nothing for COVID-19. 

TREATMENT OF YELLOW FEVER | JAMA | JAMA Network

Jan 31, 1942 · In the treatment of yellow fever there is only one rule: do not kill the patient. —Miguel Couto. The therapy of yellow fever can be given in a single line: the disease cures itself or kills in spite of any and every treatment.—Sinval Lins.

1. Quinine Uses, Benefits & Dosage - Drugs.com Herbal Database

https://www.drugs.com/npp/quinine.html
    • Clinical Overview
    • Botany
    • History
    • Chemistry
    • Uses and Pharmacology
    • Dosing
    • Pregnancy / Lactation
    • Interactions
    • Adverse Reactions
    • Toxicology
    • Disclaimer
    • Further Information

• Quinine has been used for the treatment of malaria and associated febrile states, leg cramps caused by vascular spasm, internal hemorrhoids, varicose veins, and pleural cavities after thoracoplasty.

53 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I was showing that many who claim that they are "attempting to save life" are the same ones who gleefully take the lives of innocents each and everyday.

The governor in my state is a Republican who is pro-life, and sign into the law the "heartbeat" bill a few months ago. He has order a "stay at home" order for our state. Along with the restrictions that you are complaining about.  So your judgment of others saying that they are abortion supporters who care nothing about the unborn, is flat out WRONG! 

I see you are from South Carolina. Your governor is Henry McMaster. Whom I see is also pro-life. He too as issued a "stay at home" order in your state. 

Edited by LadyKay
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

36 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

Probably not the wisest plan at this time either. 

Bishop Who Defied Social Distancing Dies After Contracting ...

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/14/us/bishop-gerald-glenn-coronavirus.html

Apr 14, 2020 · The bishop, Gerald O. Glenn, 66, the founder and pastor of New Deliverance Evangelistic Church in Chesterfield, Va., died on Saturday night from COVID-19 according to Bryan Nevers, a church elder.

• Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

Well I did my part by trying to warn you the rest is up to you. Is that even allowed where you are?

Actually it is allowed where I am. I received a written response actually yesterday from our Governor. He stated that based on the health officials they encourage people to stay at home and to worship via online services, printed materials, etc.... however, that under the constitution the freedom of religion is a principle that must be supported. He urged us to use "social distancing" if possible during our church services but they are not attempting to prevent this from happening. So, we have the option for our members to simply join on line if they prefer or they can attend in person. Most are planning on attending in person.

Edited by Tigger56
  • This is Worthy 1