• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,029
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,375
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

12 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

I don't tempt death by driving crazy, or by riding with some people that I know to be bad drivers etc.... I also do not believe I am tempting death by going about my life outside of my home during these crazy times.

But you are tempting death by going around in crowds hugging many people and eating their pot luck food.

If others in your church aren't practicing social distancing either, you have more chances to contract the virus.

• Thumbs Up 1

38 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

. If in South Carolina there has actually been 3553 cases and 97 deaths that is a percentage of 99.97 surviving! 

The 3553 cases are still ill with the virus.   This means more people among the 3553 can still die from it.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Debp said:

The 3553 cases are still ill with the virus.   This means more people among the 3553 can still die from it.

True, but more will die in car accidents and other causes than by the virus. 

11 minutes ago, Debp said:

But you are tempting death by going around in crowds hugging many people and eating their pot luck food.

If others in your church aren't practicing social distancing either, you have more chances to contract the virus.

Actually don't think I tempted anything. I truly know that the Lord shielded us and blessed our time together. I will be glad to let all know if any get sick from our time of worship and fellowship from yesterday. This Sabbath we will be back together, but no potluck (those are usually no more than once per month maximum). However we do sit around after the service for more songs, a shared snack and fellowship and sometimes prayer.

To Debp and others.... I do want to thank you for your love and concern for me. I know you think I am being foolish and I know no amount of words will make you think otherwise though I can only hope they would. I know many won't believe that the Lord speaks but we were given words before we met that it was time to come back together and that all would be shielded. This I know to be true. You don't have to believe it, but I do. Like I said, if any get sick from this virus I will let you know but I know it won't happen.

It did feel wonderful yesterday to see our parking lot full as we came together to worship the Lord. I was glad to know our community saw this and will see it again this Sabbath and I hope it gives some hope. We need to get back to our lives. Our church is going back to our regular worship services. Yesterday there was so much gladness and joy in our church and yes it will still be there in all of our hearts 14 days from now. 

13 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

True, but more will die in car accidents and other causes than by the virus. 

But those from car accidents and other causes aren't creating a worldwide pandemic....this infectious disease is.

Also, those from car accidents, etc, aren't overwhelming our doctors, nurses and hospitals.   The medical staff is so overwhelmed that some are leaving their jobs....they are on the verge of breaking down.   One nurse said he is leaving nursing altogether.

7 minutes ago, Tigger56 said:

It did feel wonderful yesterday to see our parking lot full as we came together to worship the Lord. I was glad to know our community saw this and will see it again this Sabbath and I hope it gives some hope. We need to get back to our lives. Our church is going back to our regular worship services. Yesterday there was so much gladness and joy in our church and yes it will still be there in all of our hearts 14 days from now. 

Quote from the article by your South Carolina government....

How South Carolinians Can Protect Themselves
South Carolinians are encouraged to stay home and minimize contact with people outside their households to prevent the spread of the disease. Other steps the public should take include:
Monitoring for symptoms

1 minute ago, Debp said:

Quote from the article by your South Carolina government....

How South Carolinians Can Protect Themselves
South Carolinians are encouraged to stay home and minimize contact with people outside their households to prevent the spread of the disease. Other steps the public should take include:
Monitoring for symptoms

Okay.... already aware of these. But the Governor of this state also said that and I will quote from a letter I got from his Deputy Chief of Staff.... "Under the constitution, freedom of religion is a principle that supports the freedom of an individual or community, in public or private, to manifest religion or belief in teaching, practice, worship, and observance. We encourage individuals to practice social distancing if they do attend church services in person ...." We are meeting together, they "encourage" social distancing. It isn't mandatory and we are choosing not to do this. I really don't even like this term of "social distancing". 

23 minutes ago, Debp said:

But those from car accidents and other causes aren't creating a worldwide pandemic....this infectious disease is.

Also, those from car accidents, etc, aren't overwhelming our doctors, nurses and hospitals.   The medical staff is so overwhelmed that some are leaving their jobs....they are on the verge of breaking down.   One nurse said he is leaving nursing altogether.

Don't see where all of the hospitals are being overwhelmed. If you get sick, many are getting over it without ever seeking medical treatment. I read an interesting article a couple of days ago where the army opened an emergency hospital in Seattle Washington to help with overflow from the virus. They opened this up on March 30th. They closed it on April 13th without treating one patient because they weren't needed, the hospital was handling it. I have a nephew who is a nurse in Charleston. He is hurting financially because he isn't getting enough hours, they have cut his hours due to the lack of patients. So maybe in some areas it is overflowing but in many areas it isn't.

14 hours ago, anynmsfmly said:

Can i just, Take a pictuee of my dad, In the fisherman',s hat he bought ? as a "mask" ? ? ? ?

He looks, Hilarious, and we all really need to lighten up,........................

The other day a lady went by with a bra being used as a mask. It was pretty funny!