• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Joseph

Gen 37:18.  And when they (his brothers) saw him afar off, even before he came near unto them, they conspired against him to slay him.

Elijah

1 Kgs 19:10.  And he said I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts.  For the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword.  And I, even I only am left.  And they seek my life to take it away.

Elisha

2 Kgs 2:23.  And he went up thence unto Bethel.  And as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, go up thou up bald head, go up thou bald head.

Jeremiah

Jer 38:6.  Then took they Jeremiah and cast him into the dungeon of Malchiah the son of Hamalech that was in the court of the prison.  And they let down Jeremiah with cords.  And in the dungeon there was no water, but mire.  So Jeremiah sunk into the mire.

Daniel

Dan 6:16.  Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him in the den of lions...

John the Baptist

Mat 14:10.  And he sent, and beheaded John in the prison.

Jesus

Jno 1:11.  He came to his own, and his own received him not.

Act 2:36.  Therefore, let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Most of the apostles of Christ were documented are beleived to be martyred.  There have been many martyrs since that time.  The truth is never easily accepted by the world.  This is why politicians are known more for popularity than truth.  Prophets spoke the truth of God in a world that preferred and continues to prefer darkness.  Jesus was and forever will be the way, the TRUTH, and the life.

Mat 5:11.  Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in heaven, FOR SO PERSECUTED THEY THE PROPHETS WHICH WERE BEFORE YOU.

Jno 15:20.  Remember the word that I said unto you.  The servant is not greater than his Lord.  If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you.  If they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.94
  • Days Won:  21

To answer the OP. NO oh-NO...

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Nope.

The true prophets profess

the Word of God.

The Word of God is inherently unpopular with the

world.

Truth in the world of lies.

Edited by JohnD
  • Thumbs Up 4

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

15 hours ago, Logostician said:

Joseph

Gen 37:18.  And when they (his brothers) saw him afar off, even before he came near unto them, they conspired against him to slay him.

Elijah

1 Kgs 19:10.  And he said I have been very jealous for the Lord God of hosts.  For the children of Israel have forsaken thy covenant, thrown down thine altars, and slain thy prophets with the sword.  And I, even I only am left.  And they seek my life to take it away.

Elisha

2 Kgs 2:23.  And he went up thence unto Bethel.  And as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, go up thou up bald head, go up thou bald head.

Jeremiah

Jer 38:6.  Then took they Jeremiah and cast him into the dungeon of Malchiah the son of Hamalech that was in the court of the prison.  And they let down Jeremiah with cords.  And in the dungeon there was no water, but mire.  So Jeremiah sunk into the mire.

Daniel

Dan 6:16.  Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him in the den of lions...

John the Baptist

Jesus

Act 2:36.  Therefore, let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Jesus, whom ye have crucified, both Lord and Christ.

Most of the apostles of Christ were documented are beleived to be martyred.  There have been many martyrs since that time.  The truth is never easily accepted by the world.  This is why politicians are known more for popularity than truth.  Prophets spoke the truth of God in a world that preferred and continues to prefer darkness.  Jesus was and forever will be the way, the TRUTH, and the life.

Mat 5:11.  Blessed are ye when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.  Rejoice, and be exceeding glad, for great is your reward in heaven, FOR SO PERSECUTED THEY THE PROPHETS WHICH WERE BEFORE YOU.

Jno 15:20.  Remember the word that I said unto you.  The servant is not greater than his Lord.  If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you.  If they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

No.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

the false ones are ,  the true ones are not .

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  13,256
  • Content Per Day:  5.29
  • Days Won:  62
  • Birthday:  03/25/1972

:dance:

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 4/16/2020 at 9:52 AM, Logostician said:

Joseph

Elijah

Elisha

2 Kgs 2:23.  And he went up thence unto Bethel.  And a&s he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, go up thou up bald head, go up thou bald head.

Jeremiah

Daniel

John the Baptist

Jesus

When You preach and teach real truth you will never be popular with the majority

Stephen even mentioned which one of the prophet have not your father persecuted. Acts 7:52

Christ was crucified he is the head of the body

They all received a hard time.

Edited by vic66
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

Jesus speaking........ “Oh Jerusalem , Jerusalem, who kills the prophets and stones the ones sent to her....”

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

On 4/17/2020 at 1:57 AM, DDisconnect said:

While this is true, I would also advise that just because something is a minor opinion does not make it truth, and the vice versa, where popularity doesn't render it false. There is only truth and false; popularity or lack thereof means nothing.

I've read the experiences of cult survivors and that is not an uncommon thing, that as a part of setting up the "us vs them" mentality, cult leaders will often make allusions to the prophets or truth being unpopular. So any outside criticism of the group isn't actual criticism, but just "the world hating the truth".

there is truth in what you have written but real gospel truths doctrine preachers and teacher will never have life easy.point stated by Logostician

Edited by vic66
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Nobody seems to like what I say. Does that make me a prophet? Or annoying? 

I favour the latter.