• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98
  • Days Won:  1

23 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

You've pulled a sentence out of context, so I don't know. My job is to seek the truth. I think that should be everybody's job.

I've pulled a sentence out of context???

Please tell me how quoting from the Statement of Faith, what it says about what we believe about the Word of God is wrong or out of context, ...why not read it yourself...

What amazes me even more is how can we, guilty sinners, ...can even entertain the thought we can "judge" God's Testimony???

So, ...should I tear out this page in my Bible?

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  2 Tim 3:16

Please notice it says ALL of Scripture, ...that means exactly ALL, every jot and title in the Hebrew  OT, and every word in the Greek NT are considered to be, ...given to us , ...recorded for us, ...the high lighted portion is one word, ...theopneustos, in the Greek and it means, ...divinely breathed, ...literally, ...God breathed...

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Pet 1:20-21 

Isn't it astounding, ...the Holy Spirit knew this question would be asked today and two thousand years ago wrote through the quills of both Paul and Peter, ...the men in question, ...His response to your question...

23 hours ago, johnthebaptist said:

I don't think muzzling people we disagree with is helpful in our pursuit of the truth.

Who's muzzling?

I have revealed what the Holy Spirit has said, ...using the Word of God to "correct," ...like the Holy Spirit heard Jesus say to Him.

Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all Truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear (Jesus say), that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. John 16:13 

Looks like Jesus Himself has answered your question...

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

18 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Please tell me how quoting from the Statement of Faith, what it says about what we believe about the Word of God is wrong or out of context, ...why not read it yourself...

What amazes me even more is how can we, guilty sinners, ...can even entertain the thought we can "judge" God's Testimony???

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:  2 Tim 3:16

Please notice it says ALL of Scripture, ...that means exactly ALL, every jot and title in the Hebrew  OT, and every word in the Greek NT are considered to be, ...given to us , ...recorded for us, ...the high lighted portion is one word, ...theopneustos, in the Greek and it means, ...divinely breathed, ...literally, ...God breathed...

Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost. 2 Pet 1:20-21 

Isn't it astounding, ...the Holy Spirit knew this question would be asked today and two thousand years ago wrote through the quills of both Paul and Peter, ...the men in question, ...His response to your question...

Who's muzzling?

I have revealed what the Holy Spirit has said, ...using the Word of God to "correct," ...like the Holy Spirit heard Jesus say to Him.

Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth, is come, He will guide you into all Truth: for He shall not speak of Himself; but whatsoever He shall hear (Jesus say), that shall He speak: and He will shew you things to come. John 16:13 

Lord bless

How can you hope to learn when you don't allow opinions that disagree with your own?

39 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Who's muzzling?

Lord bless

Paul said the great commandment was to love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus said it was to love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. Who was right? 

Paul said women can’t speak in church. God had a woman, Deborah, rule over Israel. Did God make a mistake? 

Paul said to obey our rulers. Adolph Hitler had six million Jews murdered. Were Germans supposed to obey him and kill Jews? 

Paul talks about teachers. Jesus told us not to call ourselves teachers. Who is right?

52 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Who's muzzling?

Lord bless

If we are here to learn, then we welcome differing opinions. We sift through each other’s words to find the truth.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.50
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

51 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

How can you hope to learn when you don't allow opinions that disagree with your own?

Doesn't the answer to that question depend entirely on the opinion and what is stated?

Are we supposed to learn from something that isn't scriptural?

Let's say for instance that some individual teaches that not all scripture is as important as another section of scripture---what are we to learn from that?

I will tell you. What we learn from that, is that this person is in error and we should attempt to correct him.

Do you agree?

• Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, johnthebaptist said:

Friend, the word opinions in the NT is the Greek word for heresy , ...so are you suggesting I should listen to heresy???

I don't have a "hope" to learn, ...I have an assurance that I "will" learn the TRUTH of God's Word!

But the Anointing (Holy Spirit) which you received from Him (Father) abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His Anointing  (Holy Spirit) teaches you concerning all things, and is true and no lie, and as He has taught you, abide in Him (Jesus).  1 John 2:27

Personally, ...I have found it to be much more beneficial to be taught by the Holy Spirit, ..than by man's opinions, ...heresies,...been there, done that for the first three years of my walk with my Lord, ...but to each his own...

45 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

Paul said the great commandment was to love your neighbor as yourself. Jesus said it was to love the Lord with all your heart, mind, and soul. Who was right? 

Paul said women can’t speak in church. God had a woman, Deborah, rule over Israel. Did God make a mistake? 

Paul said to obey our rulers. Adolph Hitler had six million Jews murdered. Were Germans supposed to obey him and kill Jews? 

Paul talks about teachers. Jesus told us not to call ourselves teachers. Who is right?

Why don't you ask the Holy Spirit these questions, ..He will teach you, ...it's a promise, ...if I give you the answers you will probably say they are just my particular heresies. 

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Alive said:

Doesn't the answer to that question depend entirely on the opinion and what is stated?

Are we supposed to learn from something that isn't scriptural?

Let's say for instance that some individual teaches that not all scripture is as important as another section of scripture---what are we to learn from that?

I will tell you. What we learn from that, is that this person is in error and we should attempt to correct him.

Do you agree?

My definition of the Word of God is: Those instances in the Bible where God and Jesus are directly quoted. I believe it is the correct definition. If you are here to learn, then you welcome opinions that differ from your own. We can sift our the words and find the truth.

33 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

If we are here to learn, then we welcome differing opinions. We sift through each other’s words to find the truth.

What are we to use to sift with, ...our own personal heresies?

2 minutes ago, JustPassingThru said:

Friend, the word opinions in the NT is the Greek word for heresy , ...so are you suggesting I should listen to heresy???

I don't have a "hope" to learn, ...I have an assurance that I "will" learn the TRUTH of God's Word!

But the Anointing (Holy Spirit) which you received from Him (Father) abides in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as His Anointing  (Holy Spirit) teaches you concerning all things, and is true and no lie, and as He has taught you, abide in Him (Jesus).  1 John 2:27

Personally, ...I have found it to be much more beneficial to be taught by the Holy Spirit, ..than by man's opinions, ...heresies,...been there, done that for the first three years of my walk with my Lord, ...but to each his own...

Why don't you ask the Holy Spirit these questions, ..He will teach you, ...it's a promise, ...if I give you the answers you will probably say they are just my particular heresies. 

Lord bless

If you are here to learn, then you welcome opinions that differ from your own. If my opinion is in error, all you have to do is prove it. To prohibit people from expressing opinions you disagree with, calling them heresy, isn't constructive.

Just now, JustPassingThru said:

then we welcome differing opinions

Friend, ...that's an invitation to be deceived...

But evil men and seducers will go forward to worse, deceiving and being deceived.  2 Tim 3:13