• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,268
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

What a wonderful way to encourage believers...

Right. Almost as good as yours.   :)
And I can see your point, some Justin.
I would rather know the truth, though, concerning salvation.
Was thirty years in false religion before a faithful Christian told me truth.
And what TruthDefender said may have been true, to some.

Faithful are the wounds of a friend; but the kisses of an enemy are deceitful.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

42 minutes ago, TruthDefender said:

Fear of Witnessing is an indication of a Weak Faith and/or a lack of holy spirit....

100% Total finger pointing condemnation. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Reader.....Let me help you with a verse.,.

Romans 8:1  ":There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.""

And what is to walk in/after the spirit vs  to walk IN the flesh? ??    And why does one free you from guilt and condemnation and one make you a slave with no joy, no power, no LIFE ?

1.) Grace frees you from Condemnation because you have fully accepted and BELIEVE that God is the One who has used the Blood of Jesus, to accept you...AND HAS !@!  ..and you have no part in that, and you can rejoice that its DONE for you. = Freedom in Christ = The GRACE of God.  Its a GIFT.  

LOOK !!   = Romans 5:1   Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have PEACE with God through our Lord Jesus Christ"" 

Do you see that "PEACE WITH GOD"?.....THAT IS ALL THE BORN AGAIN.... We have PEACE PEACE PEACE= WITH GOD.... and so, there is NO CONDEMNATION< because of CHRIST's SHED BLOOD giving us PEACE WITH GOD.  = Eternal Security.

2.) Self effort....this is "the flesh".....and the reason you feel condemned and have no PEACE WTIH GOD =  is because you can't make God accept you and YET you keep trying to be good enough....

Listen....... you never can be good enough.   ....So, you feel CONDEMNED all the time= miserable Christian, bitter. . Self saver.  You are UNDER THE LAW.....Feel that WEIGHT ON YOUR SOUL?   IT SO HEAVY and you can NEVER GET IT OFF until the Blood of Jesus sets you FREE. = Grace of God.

REST IN GOD'S GRACE = Peace WITH GOD.

Edited by Behold

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

13 hours ago, Sower said:

It may have been. But it was an austere way to encourage people. I see a lot of folk beating on others here and suggesting their faith is weak. 

Walk in their shoes and see. And if some were led astray, kindness may lead them back but not a diatribe.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Study the Scriptures to become informed enough to know your subject.

Seek to be filled with the Holy Spirit for the power or strength to witness.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,268
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Justin Adams said:
4 hours ago, Sower said:

It may have been. But it was an austere way to encourage people. I see a lot of folk beating on others here and suggesting their faith is weak. 

Walk in their shoes and see. And if some were led astray, kindness my lead them back but not a diatribe.

I agree about kindness,
"Be kind, for everyone we meet is fighting a battle we know nothing about! :thumbs_up:

There are times I have to defer to the Holy Spirit, to encourage or reprove.

Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving---Contending for the faith-wise as serpents---harmless as doves, love of the brethren-
 ---Abhor what is evil / hold fast to what is good---Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another---
---Love one another with brotherly affection---Therefore, brethren, stand fast, and hold the traditions which ye have been taught---

A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity. ........... 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I have a wrinkle in the canvas of this important discussion.  With a background in teaching Bible to "regular" Christians, I was inserted by the Lord into ministering to men with life controlling issues, like meth addiction, admitted to two local Christian recovery ministries. Among those men are new babes in Christ living among those not yet in Christ.  After years of teaching Bible, the time came when several asked me to teach them to witness to their "friends" on the outside.  They felt prepared to witness, able to explain anything Christian...we thought.  After a few months of covering "witnessing", the administers allowed a delegation to visit those acquaintances in the yard of a "crack house".  After an afternoon of that we returned home to discuss the experience. 

All 14 reported they never got to the subject of Christ, but were lured into drug talk.

The eventual explanation was that I had missed the issue of the CONSCIENCE.  Satan loves to speak through it.  Every man was easily reminded of sins they committed among those witnesses. Yes, they understood those sins have been forgiven.  But the challenge has been to how to resolve the memory capacity of one's brain, containing 3-D video of memories, to issues between heart and mind, that is spirit, soul, and body.  It's a matter of self forgiveness through the blood of Jesus, and dealing with outside pressures from peers and the Devil.

Now I have a better idea of why my former denominational Sunday School members of 29 years spanse failed to bring new converts to class beyond those my wife and I added by the power of the Spirit. I will not assume they lacked the understanding to copy us.  Their consciences, inadequately confronted, inhibited them.  The result was to fall into discussions of sports and other more comfortable issues. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

good points here

pray back pain, knee pain

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

1 minute ago, Daniel Marsh said:

pray back pain, knee pain

Scriptures says by my stripes you are healed. Why pray for something the scriptures say, you are healed past tense. Just speak the truth like the centurion said to Jesus. 
He said I’m a man of like authority as you are.

You don’t even have to come under my roof. Just speak the word and I know my servant will be healed. Jesus marveled and said he saw no greater faith in all of Isreal. The emphasis was on speaking the word or the truth not on praying..

Scripture says in my name you shall cast out devils, heal the sick and raise the dead. It doesn’t say to pray to do those things.

The asking scriptures are a doorway or an entrance for those to come into who are young in the faith and don’t know what they have and who they are. We have all things. We just need to know what we have already.

So if we pray we need to pray from the standpoint of not trying to get things we already have but to understand by praying Lord help my unbelief. Help my eyes to see I’m already healed. Help me see I have all things.

To pray for what we already have is unbelief. Our prayer is not for God to give us these things but it’s our training wheels to help us open our eyes to see.

Our prayer is the only for ourselves to help us to see. Once the prayer triggers our eyes to see then whamo the manifestation appears. It’s not what God is doing but finally we are opening our eyes to see what he’s already did past tense.

jesus didn’t pray for people to be healed. He spoke the truth and by it they were healed. Speaking the truth shows authority and power where praying or asking shows unbelief. Everyone that came to Jesus said Lord help my unbelief.

30 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

Scriptures says by my stripes you are healed. Why pray for something the scriptures say, you are healed past tense. Just speak the truth like the centurion said to Jesus. 
He said I’m a man of like authority as you are.

You don’t even have to come under my roof. Just speak the word and I know my servant will be healed. Jesus marveled and said he saw no greater faith in all of Isreal. The emphasis was on speaking the word or the truth not on praying..

Scripture says in my name you shall cast out devils, heal the sick and raise the dead. It doesn’t say to pray to do those things.

The asking scriptures are a doorway or an entrance for those to come into who are young in the faith and don’t know what they have and who they are. We have all things. We just need to know what we have already.

So if we pray we need to pray from the standpoint of not trying to get things we already have but to understand by praying Lord help my unbelief. Help my eyes to see I’m already healed. Help me see I have all things.

To pray for what we already have is unbelief. Our prayer is not for God to give us these things but it’s our training wheels to help us open our eyes to see.

Our prayer is the only for ourselves to help us to see. Once the prayer triggers our eyes to see then whamo the manifestation appears. It’s not what God is doing but finally we are opening our eyes to see what he’s already did past tense.

jesus didn’t pray for people to be healed. He spoke the truth and by it they were healed. Speaking the truth shows authority and power where praying or asking shows unbelief. Everyone that came to Jesus said Lord help my unbelief.

James 5:14-16 [Full Chapter]

Is anyone among you sick? He should call for the elders of the church, and they are to pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. The prayer of faith will save the sick person, and the Lord will raise him up; if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven. Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is very powerful in its effect.

Erastus has remained at Corinth; I left Trophimus sick at Miletus.

1 Timothy 5:23Don’t continue drinking only water, but use a little wine because of your stomach and your frequent illnesses.

1 Corinthians 12:9 Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
9 to another, faith by the same Spirit, to another, gifts of healing by the one Spirit,