• Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  113
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/30/1966

13 hours ago, steve morrow said:

GOD  DEFINES  GRACE 

TITUS 2:11 for the grace of  GOD  that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men ---2:12--- TEACHING  US --- that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live --soberly--righteously--and godly-- IN  THIS  PRESENT  WORLD

1 CORINTHIANS 3:10  according --TO  THE  GRACE  OF  GOD-- which is given unto me as a wise masterbuilder I have laid the foundation and another buildeth thereon but let every man take heed --HOW  HE  BUILDETH  THEREUPON--

PROVERBS 24:3  THROUGH  WISDOM  IS  AN  HOUSE  BUILDED  AND  BY  UNDERSTANDING  IT  IS  ESTABLISHED

1 CORINTHIANS 1:24  BUT  UNTO  THEM  WHICH  ARE  CALLED  BOTH  JEWS  AND  GREEKS  CHRIST  THE  POWER  OF  GOD  AND  THE  WISDOM  OF  GOD 

GALATIANS 5:4  CHRIST  IS  BECOME  OF  NO  EFFECT  UNTO  YOU  WHOSOEVER  OF  YOU  ARE  JUSTIFIED  BY  THE  LAW  YOU  ARE  FALLEN  FROM  GRACE  

Titus 2:12 says Grace teaches. So Grace is a Teacher. TEACHING  US --- that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live --soberly--righteously--and godly-- IN  THIS  PRESENT  WORLD.

1 Cor 3 really does not define what Grace is. It only states that it was given to Paul as a wise and master builder. Maybe you see something I do not. However I did find this in respect to Grace being a builder. Acts 20:32 And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

So so far  Grace is a Teacher, TEACHING  US --- that denying ungodliness and worldly lusts we should live --soberly--righteously--and godly-- IN  THIS  PRESENT  WORLD. Building us up, to give us an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

Shall we continue?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Here is what Jude said. 

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness,

Exactly, and now let me explain to you what you are not understanding.

First, Jude explains that these religious self righteous Grace hating heretics are committing the "error of Cain".     The error of Cain, is that Cain tried to be accepted by God thru his WORKS, and God rejected Cain.   Whereas Abel came to God bringing the blood of a sacrifice and God accepted Abel.   Cain was so upset that God didn't accept his Works, but only accepted the Blood, that he Murdered His brother.

2000 yrs later, the same types Hate Grace, fight it, and teach that you can lose your salvation... This is the "error of Cain" as to teach that is to be confessing that you are trying to keep yourself saved, and that DENIES the Blood of Jesus as the ONLY WAY God accepts ( ABEL).... to accept and KEEP anyone.

So, Jude is telling you this.   = There is the REAL FAITH, and that is, that God's Grace is our salvation , and that Christ Alone is the REDEEMER.....   And there are religious self righteous zealots who are saying that this Grace that is the Gift of God, is actually a license to sin.  They are redefining the TRUTH, as "cheap Grace"....So when we find these LIARS we are to CONTEND against them for the REAL FAITH... We are not to allow them to abuse the Truth and subvert real Believers, as they have come into the Church to try to do this....... We must CONTEND with this.....REBUKE IT,  and  GET IT OUT !

That's what Jude is telling us.

That's what Jude is teaching.

Same as Paul taught in Galatians.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  18,147
  • Content Per Day:  4.60
  • Days Won:  327

On 4/17/2020 at 11:29 AM, dhchristian said:

For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. (John 1:17)

It has been said the Law was replaced by Grace, which is true. we are saved by grace kept by grace and sanctified by grace, by the Work of the Holy Ghost in us. But what is often overlooked is that we arrive at the Truth. When we are first saved we do not Know the whole Truth of what God has to teach us, but we must first drink the Milk of doctrine, before we can eat the meat and properly digest this more solid Spiritual Manna. The Problem arises in the life of a believer when they think they have arrived at the truth, they get to a point of complacency and no longer hunger for the Truth of the Word of God, and become unteachable and proud.... their hearts become hardened to the sweet savor of the Word of God being revealed to them and instead are complacent to remain wherever they are at on their journey. They are stuck in the wilderness of partial belief.

I encourage all who claim Christ as their savior to embrace not Just His Grace, But His Truth as well. By that I mean go to Him and pray and seek his revelation in your life. Paul has two powerful prayers in the book of Ephesians (1:17ff, 3:14ff) that will lead you into the Truth, and Open the door to Christ to come in and teach you, search those prayers out and pray them and He will reveal himself to you. He is not only the Way to salvation, He is the truth, and He is the Life. Allow Him to finish His work in you, as He is the Author and finisher of our faith.

God Bless.

Blessings dh

Beautiful read,well done!100% correct that we do ARRIVE & then what,lol  Thats when the most wonderful, exciting, journey begins,its is just the start of your RELATIONSHIP with God in Christ and like any relationship when the honeymoon stage is over then you really get to KNOW your LOVE by listening to them,sharing with them,asking ,learning ......We have returned to our First Love because He First Loved us....just fix your eyes on Jesus!

I think you've said it clearly,it is very simple....LOVE is truly the Greatest of all    If you Love Jesus then you follow and truly He Will Finish the work He Started in you:heart:

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.39

1 hour ago, Behold said:

That's what Jude is telling us.

I disagree with your interpretation of what Jude is saying, Though I agree with what you say on the error of cain. But this is just one of the pitfalls on our journey With Christ. What I think is happening here is that you are headed for one of those pitfalls and the way out is to pursue Truth. 

When You do, focus on these characteristics of Christ.... These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; (Rev. 3:14)

I will say no more as I know the pitfall you are heading into, and no amount of me telling you will dissuade you from entering therein. 

God Bless. 

1 minute ago, dhchristian said:

I disagree with your interpretation of what Jude is saying, Though I agree with what you say on the error of cain. But this is just one of the pitfalls on our journey With Christ. What I think is happening here is that you are headed for one of those pitfalls and the way out is to pursue Truth. 

When You do, focus on these characteristics of Christ.... These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God; (Rev. 3:14)

I will say no more as I know the pitfall you are heading into, and no amount of me telling you will dissuade you from entering therein. 

God Bless. 

You think the "pitfall" im heading into is Giving God and Christ on the Cross all the credit do them for saving all the born again, and keeping them saved?

Philippians 1:6.  "God who began your salvation, (born again) will Himself be faithful to complete it"...

So, you rest well tonight, dhchrisitin.

Don't worry about me.   Instead be concerned for those who are up on the Cross, trying to keep themselves saved by their self effort, having kicked Christ off the Cross by using their Self Righteousness to deny the Grace of God.

29 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Blessings dh

Now I thought you started out giving all the Glory to God in that His Grace Abounds....Praising Jesus ,the Way the Truth& the Life .....so now what happened here?You just finished saying Jesus is the Author & Finisher of our Faith only to say what?What did I miss? What is it that you disagree with when Jude talks about the ungodly folks that will creep into the church & twist Gods Truth? There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus,can you explain this "pitfall"?

With love-in Christ<Kwik

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.39

Just now, Behold said:

You think the "pitfall" im heading into is Giving God and Christ on the Cross all the credit do them for saving all the born again, and keeping them saved?

Nope. The Pitfall you are heading into is far more subtle than that. I Was just reading some of your other comments here and you are already there my friend. Take Heed for the way out is before you. 

God will complete his work in you if an only if you allow him to do so brother. He will not force himself upon you. And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. (John 8:32) 

Just now, kwikphilly said:

Now I thought you started out giving all the Glory to God in that His Grace Abounds....Praising Jesus ,the Way the Truth& the Life .....so now what happened here?You just finished saying Jesus is the Author & Finisher of our Faith only to say what?What did I miss? What is it that you disagree with when Jude talks about the ungodly folks that will creep into the church & twist Gods Truth? There is no condemnation in Christ Jesus,can you explain this "pitfall"?

You ever read Pilgrim's progress? there are many pitfalls we succumb to in our life.... There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (1 Cor 10:13)

1427130886_6cc4828321d158feef6823ac40162b8d1.jpg.2a2522fd86b047b3a9f7bc80dec2789c.jpg

• Huh?  I don't get it. 1

32 minutes ago, dhchristian said:
59 minutes ago, kwikphilly said:

You ever read Pilgrim's progress? there are many pitfalls we succumb to in our life..

In high school,lol   let's see ,half a Century ago.....what about it? Anyway,I want to know what pitfall Brother Behold has fallen into to,if I may ask and what is it exactly that you are accusing him of?I mean ,after all ,his Understanding of the Written Word of God is wonderful,He Loves Jesus....he could be a bit more tactful imo,lol but that is just him.....

And I'd like to add your quote...

There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it. (1 Cor 10:13)

GOD IS FAITHFUL.....by the Power of Holy Spirit we can bear many things(not of our own) We all have temptations,sins,sins have consequences & so what.....God is FAITHFUL,I'm still Saved by His Grace

Edited by kwikphilly
  • Well Said! 1

14 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Nope. The Pitfall you are heading into is far more subtle than that. I Was just reading some of your other comments here and you are already there my friend.

You can't actually define what you mean, so you just imply some fake innuendo against me, and then call me your "friend?

Really?

Try something else.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.85
  • Days Won:  5

9 hours ago, dhchristian said:

Here is what Jude said. 

Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered unto the saints. For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men, turning the grace of our God into lasciviousness, and denying the only Lord God, and our Lord Jesus Christ (Jude 3-4) 

Some translations use the word Licentiousness, such as the NASB, which is fully within the definition of the Word. 

Your response is self contradictory, so it is hard for me to respond. First you say: "No preacher or teacher or ministry teaches that Grace is a freedom to sin. " And then You proceed to say that there are cults that say the grace of God is a freedom to sin. I think I know what your saying,(?) that is that there are cults that try to pin this accusation against those who live by Grace alone through faith alone, and I agree with that assessment, But there are also preachers and teachers who teach to sin that grace may abound, and Jude clearly warns against them as Does Peter. For the record here is what Peter Said: For when they speak great swelling words of vanity, they allure through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness, those that were clean escaped from them who live in error. While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage. (2 Peter 2;18-19) 

As You can see the Word in Bold is the same word as used by Jude as Laciviousness, or licentiousness, The False teachers, being the subject of this chapter....

Some examples of this are people like Rob Bell and Joel Osteen who preach that Lgbtq marriage is to be tolerated and acceptable (There are literally hundreds more on this list in our modern day). Name it claim it preachers who teach that wealth is blessing from God, When Word of God is  clear that the Love of Money is the root of all evil... I could give you many like this that are turning the grace of God into Licentiousness. Positive confession, Drunkeness in the Spirit, Kundalini Possession, are all examples here. To say this does not exist is foolishness IMO. Are they all cults? Probably... But we do not know that for sure, some are just in error, unintentionally, or as Paul writes: For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears; And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables. (2 Tim 4:3-4)

But I noticed this, that you did not respond to the rest of my comment which deals with Grace and Truth. The Verses from Paul and Peter I quoted. How is it that you process these things?

Think about this as well: [charity] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth; (1 Cor. 13:6) Do You see the contrasting here of iniquity versus Truth? That is all I am trying to point out to you. 

God Bless

But there are also preachers and teachers who teach to sin that grace may abound, and Jude clearly warns against them as Does Peter

Ever since I came here I keep hearing about these guys, yet NOT ONCE has anybody produced any evidence....” To say “ put up or shut up” would be a bit on the crude side, so I will just ask again, for the zillionth time—show me who is actually saying this......Guys Like Osteen are misguided to say the least, but I have never heard him or anybody else say anything even close to “Go out and Sin”

• Thumbs Up 2