• Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.78
  • Days Won:  1

7 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

Hi.  Is it ok if I pray directly TO the Bible?  Thanks 

Shalom @Tyler22

How are you? Well, I hope.

No, one shouldn't pray to the Bible.  Instead, you should pray to Yahweh, the God of the Bible.

The Bible is, in the literal sense, paper and ink,bound in a leather coat.  It has no power to save, redeem or protect you - as you are obviously aware.  Although, unlike any other book, it feels alive, spiritual and holy (which it is) - that is because of the divine content, but not its physicality, which isn't divine. 

The Bible is indeed the most precious artefact mankind has, and Yahweh has made it possible to be available almost everywhere.  Yes, it's incredibly special, powerful and feels alive.  One page eclipses all of the riches on earth for its worthiness - as these are the very words from the Creator of all things.  

Nevertheless, as beautiful and precious this Oracle (which we call the Bible) is, how much more so the author - Yahweh.  Therefore, turn your prayers to the Almighty Creator who is fully powerful enough to create an answer.

I think He would have understood if you have prayed to the Bible before, in ignorance, but don't continue with that.  He wants to hear from you, not His book.

Love & Shalom

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

14 hours ago, Tyler22 said:

Why would you do so?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  136
  • Content Per Day:  0.09

The Bible is a book. Pray to the living God, only He can hear and answer your prayers. 

Also Tyler I saw your other post about being saved or not and not knowing. 

We are told that we can know we are saved in Ephesians 2:8 and Ephesians 4:30. 

If we have the seal of God (the Holy Spirit/the comforter) we know we are saved and can have faith (trust & confidence) in God. That doesnt mean that we can live however we want doing whatever we want. We must live in strict obedience unto God's commandments and precepts (His will). 

If we are disobedient (continuing in sin) He will not abide with us and will remove the Holy Spirit from us.

So make sure you are truly living in obedience unto God and you can be sure you have His Spirit.

Acts 5:32. KJB "And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him."

1 John 2:15-17 KJB 

"

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/12/1985

On 4/19/2020 at 7:51 PM, Tyler22 said:

I was initially going to say no but the Bible is the word of God and Jesus is the word of God made flesh. It's not the paper or the ink that is holy it's the words within it. So if you pray to the word you are praying to Jesus and Jesus is God. I would say that you should just pray to God the father though. Some people worship the cross but Jesus said to pick up your cross and follow him. He also said if you love him you will do what he commands. The very first command is to love the Lord your God with all your heart and worship no other. So let wisdom be your guide. Read the Bible out loud. Faith comes through hearing and hearing through the word of God. Blessings.

• 2 months later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 4/20/2020 at 1:51 AM, Tyler22 said:

Jesus is the word, (which is the bible) and the word (he bible) is based on Him, to pray to the bible itself is idol worship. But that is my opinion.