IGNORED

The Mark of the Beast (what it really is explained)

BlessedCreator

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  8,272
  • Content Per Day:  2.07
  • Days Won:  4

Just now, The_Truth_Seeker said:

Reality is all the evidence points towards something that is physical.

The question is what manner of deception will be used against the people in order for them to accept the mark of the beast?

Here are questions I find myself asking now, is the first beast, and when I think of the seven heads and ten horns, could this be a relation to the G7 (Group of Seven) and G10 (Group of Ten).

Now could the second beast be in relation to the Health Care and Pharmaceuticals sector?

We see today so much that is going on, that there is one common element we see, "Social Distancing"

If the economies are collapsing because of this Covid 19 pandemic, and we are seeing places today that are afraid to touch physical money, and if this disease gets more out of control, and to avoid major lockdowns, how then will one be able to continue buy what they need but at the same time maintain social distancing? There is only one way, a electronic implant using contactless technology. Contactless payments is the only method that can maintain social distancing but at same time allow a person to pay for goods and services.

Without ANY shadow of doubt, those left behind will see the abomination first, before any mark is established. Let me say it this way,  the mark is just not going to be THE MARK today or tomorrow or any other day (so no need to worry) until first the Beast is revealed. All will know by the TV and phones when the man of sin will declare he is God. The mark absolutely cannot come before that. Next, before the mark will be enforced, God will send angels to warn all people in their own language not to take the mark. 

In other words, NO NEED TO FEAR. The truth is, be watching for HIS COMING; for that will be first.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

The mark of the beast happened at a time near when the book of Revelation was written (prior to 70 AD) and the coming in clouds happened during the lifetimes of the eleven. 

In my opinion.......the mark of the beast happened at a time near when the book of Revelation was written (prior to 70 AD) and the coming in clouds happened during the lifetimes of the eleven.

See how much better that flows? ?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

I don't see any problem with the "flow" of the previous wording. The suggested wording removes the emphasis from the words "near" and the audience affiliation of "you" found in the passages being discussed. That is why it was worded the way it was. Next time, maybe I'll italicize and underline the salient words and stick in a little winking emoji so readers understand the mirth with which the post was written ;).  

We are all expressing our personal views to the best of our understanding. To preface everything with "In my opinion..." is unnecessary and borders on redundancy. If it is your opinion that the words "In my opinion..." are preferable then do, by all means and on as many occasions as you think warranted use that preface. Something like this: "In my opinion........ it is better flowing to say, 'In my opinion.....' when directly answering a direct question put directly to you by another poster." I will support you in that practice and applaud the integrity exhibited in practicing what you preach. 

Or was I to understand the intent was proactively sidetrack the discussion for a grammar or netiquette lesson?

In my opinion, Gideon, it is best to stick to the topic of discussion, which in the case of the op, and subsequent few examples currently being discussed, it is about the use of specific imagery in scripture as exemplified by texts like the mark of the beast and Jesus coming with great power and glory in the clouds. But thank you for your suggestion; I'll give it some consideration. 

Brother, what you are seemingly unable to grasp is how your posts come across to others. It is one thing to be convinced you are correct, but another to make anyone who sees it differently, to be washed over with frequent references to your education,  your resume, your intellect, to books you have read, expressed in religious words the apostles themselves would have found completely baffled by. 

You have a right to your opinion, Josh, but frankly, you come across as frustratingly having to deal with others who are not on "your"level of intellect.

In my opinion, the truths of scripture are not discerned through much learning but from heart hunger. I know others have brought this up to you, but you do not seem able to understand that presentation is important if you are to lead people to see the truth as you see it.

What good is it to be "right" if no one listens because you come across as a know-it-all.... even if you by chance do know it all! LOL

I do not agree with your take on this subject, and that is ok. But how we interact is a far truer expression of where we are with God, than all the understanding we have of scripture with our heads. 

I love you brother.

Gids

Edited by Gideon

1 hour ago, Josheb said:

That is completely incorrect. What you're espousing sis called "proof-texting," the defining of a broad position or doctrine based solely on one verse. 

There's also another problem in that post. John wasn't referring to Draco or Virgo. This is a common mistake even noted theologians sometimes make: the use of pagan henotheism or polytheism to define Judaic monotheism.

Judeo-Christian monotheism was and remains unique. The western mythologies had personal gods; gods with eyes and ears and emotions and wills (volition) but none of them were all mighty; they were always fighting with one another trying to best each other. Zeus was in conflict with Apollo who was trying to pull the wool over Ra's eyes, who was trying to hoodwink Thor who was trying to get in good with Krishna who was jealous of Circe and skirting Lleu, who hated Dagon, and on and on and on with petty, meaningless, never ending shows of finiteness. The western gods are personal, but not infinite. This stands in contrast to the eastern mythologies that have the yin and the yen, the Tao, the forces of the universe with which we must align ourselves if we are to reach enlightenment. These "gods" are everywhere but they have no will or affect, no personhood. These gods are infinite, but not personal. 

Only the God of the Bible is One and both infinite and personal. 

It is a gross mistake to measure the God of the Bible via the surrounding paganisms. Yes, there were influences from the surrounding cultures but in all such cases the Jews usurped those symbols and concepts and subjected them to the monotheism God declared. This is why the liberal theologians struggle so to understand the premise of an actual big-G God. This is why thinkers like Spinoza, Emerson, and Schweitzer will always have a following. It creeps into even the conservative evangelical commentaries: if you look up the footnote to Romans 12:20 in the Life Application Bible you'll see they attribute this to an Egyptian ritual of shame! No, the former Pharisee, truest of Jews, former Hellenist Jew converted to Christ was not referencing a pagan Egyptian ritual of shame. He was preaching love (vs. 12:9). He was referencing Proverbs 20:21 and doing so via an ancient idiom now lost on many in modernity. He was teaching not to return evil with evil (vs. 12:21). If you cook and heat your home with fire and your fire goes out then you go to your neighbor and borrow coals, you carry them home in a heavy clay pot with an insulating cloth between your head and the hot pot!  

If your enemy is hungry then feed him and if he is thirsty give him something to eat. In this way you will rekindle his warmth and sustenance!

Furthermore, John is the most Jewish of the New Testament writers. While all of the NT writers repeatedly appeal to the Law and the Prophets in their writings John is the most prodigious. Not only are his epistles replete with such references but the book of Revelation contains over 340 OT references! 

Define Biblical imagery first by the Bible, not its pagan surroundings. 

Do you deny that the Dragon is mentioned 32 times in the chapter? Don't take my word, COUNT THEM, including pronouns.  Make no mistake, chapter 12 is God introducing John to the Dragon. Since chapter 12 is a midpoint chapter, then it is about what the Dragon will be doing during the last half of the week. or do you deny that too? 

What part did you disagree with? Do you not see that the first 5 verses are about how the Dragon tried to kill Jesus as a child? Do you deny that God put the gospel messages in the constellations? Why is Virgo called Virgo? It is to represent the virgin.  On the day Jesus was born, she was "clothed with the sun" and the moon was at her feet, exactly as John saw it in the vision and described it. 

I guess I will just go ahead and tell you: One day Jesus spoke: I heard his voice and His words: He told to to turn my bible to chapter 12. When I had it opened He spoke:  "Chapter 12 is about Me introducing John to the Dragon, in in particular, what the Dragon would be doing in the last half of the week. Count how many times the dragon is mentioned, including pronouns." 

I counted carefully and said, "i count 32." 

He then continued: "However, I chose to show John how the Dragon tried to kill me as a child. Those first five verses were a 'history lesson' for John."

If you wish to disagree, fine. It won't bother me at all. But you will be disagreeing with the Head of the Church. He is the Author; I would think He knows what His intent was when He showed John this vision. 

Added later: When God pushed me into the book of Revelation, a book I had no desire to read, I determined right then I would not try to understand anything, but just wait on the Teacher to teach. I read and I read and I read, and prayed much in the Spirit, and I wanted for Him to teach. And He did. 

Edited by iamlamad

2 hours ago, Josheb said:

The mark of the beast happened at a time near when the book of Revelation was written (prior to 70 AD) and the coming in clouds happened during the lifetimes of the eleven. 

It is OK with me of you believe this, but I wish to ask an honest question: If Jesus comes tomorrow  for His church, will you be expecting Him?

6 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Brother, what you are seemingly unable to grasp is how your posts come across to others. It is one thing to be convinced you are correct, but another to make anyone who sees it differently, to be washed over with frequent references to your education,  your resume, your intellect, to books you have read, expressed in religious words the apostles themselves would have found completely baffled by. 

You have a right to your opinion, Josh, but frankly, you come across as frustratingly having to deal with others who are not on "your"level of intellect.

In my opinion, the truths of scripture are not discerned through much learning but from heart hunger. I know others have brought this up to you, but you do not seem able to understand that presentation is important if you are to lead people to see the truth as you see it.

What good is it to be "right" if no one listens because you come across as a know-it-all.... even if you by chance do know it all. 

I do not agree with your take on this subject, and that is ok. But how we interact is a far truer expression of where we are with God, than all the understanding we have of scripture with our heads. 

I love you brother.

Gids

Good post, Gideon. I could not have been so eloquent. 

Just now, Josheb said:

The post was reported.

Why?

4 minutes ago, Josheb said:

I walk with Jesus every day. He does not come and go. If there is a rapture and Christians are removed form the planet then I will be there right next to you, arms raised in worship, rejoicing and gladly admitting I was mistaken about the rapture. This idea that some Christians will be left behind is unscriptural. The Bible gives us very clear instructions about his return and it does that so God's people will know, not speculate about his return. When he comes.... we'll know it. We'll know he's coming. The very Spirit of Christ is at work in every single one of us. 

I'm ready now.  

But he is not coming tomorrow. The question is a red herring.  

And the implication my eternal disposition can be judged by this is another problem: the only one you need to know is ready is you! 

Let's face one plain, simple, unalterable, undeniable, irrefutable fact: imminent rapturists and imminent-tribulationists have been making false prognostications for centuries and they have a 100% fail rate. They taught falsely, misled their flocks, and no one held any of them accountable. Ever. Are you ready to face Christ with that on your ledger? 

I'm busy trying to make Genesis 1:298 and Matthew 28:19-20 happen through the might of Christ's blood and the inspiration, power, and enabling of the Holy Spirit. I leave my house each day looking forward to being victorious over whatever part of it God brings to my life. And I hold that way of living out to everyone and I do so as a much more scriptural alternative to waiting for the world to go to hell in a handbasket any day now because the Church has become impotent and needs rescue. 

How about you? Do you live in anticipation of victory on a daily basis, or are you one of the members of Christs body who looks for things to get worse, believing nothing you do can or will change anything?

This idea that some Christians will be left behind is unscriptural.   How about if we go by what is written?

Hebrew's 9:28  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

Make no mistake: He is coming as per 1 thes. 4, and will appear to us in the clouds. But that "us" is going to be limited to those who are expecting Him - looking for Him. So many believers today have convinced themselves that they will see the Beast first, or that He will never come, or it will be a long time. They are going to be very disappointed: He is coming for those who are expecting Him. I have to believe what is written. Everything we get from heaven we get by and through faith. If we are expecting Him, we have faith that any moment He will show up. What about those that don't think He can come "tomorrow?" The truth is, one day soon He WILL show up. He told us to WATCH many times. 

When he comes.... we'll know it.   How does this line up with "no man knows the day nor the hour?" I don't think we get a warning. Just SUDDENLY, when people are thinking "peace and safety" the dead in Christ will fly up from their graves. Probably the same moment that we will hear a trumpet blast.  I hope you have scripture for your theory; if not, it is myth. I think we can know the season. I think it is VERY close. 

The Great commission is our direction, or orders: on that I will agree. But while we are going, we must be expecting Him. 

But he is not coming tomorrow.  That is a very dangerous belief. It means you are not expecting Him. If Jesus does not know when, how is it you know when it is not?

: imminent rapturists and imminent-tribulationists have been making false prognostications for centuries and they have a 100% fail rate. Agreed. But that does not make the doctrine of imminence wrong. It just means people acted stupidly and set a date. 

Are you ready to face Christ with that on your ledger?   Sorry, that is not on my ledger. I know He is coming SOON and I am expecting Him at any time. If you are NOT a imminent rapturist, I would warn you that you are in a dangerous place! You are not expecting Him or looking for Him.  

As for me, I have not had a "down" day in maybe 50 years! I am active every day using my faith to change things around me and bring the lost I come in contact with into the fold.  I KNOW the world is going to hell, so I try to rescue those that God puts into my life. 

13 minutes ago, Josheb said:

Neither I nor any other poster is the topic of this discussion, and despite the report of affection the post is unkind. Rather than discuss, debate, and/or argue about what was posted, as I have in the past, the matter has been handed over to the Mods to decide so as not to further disrupt topical and cogent discourse. 

People should learn to be civil in their discussions and debate issues, not people.  These threads are not for name calling. 

Edited by iamlamad

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  910
  • Content Per Day:  0.65
  • Days Won:  0

Lol, that just kept going and going and going. I was scrolling from the bottom up thinking :emot-think: that's a lot of verses until I finally  get to the title:

100 Bible Verses about The Second Coming Of Jesus -

...and I laughed.

Edited by SisterWells