IGNORED

By This Shall All Men Know That You Know Me, By the Love You Have One For Another

Gideon

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

34 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

I read the comments here and I see a lack of faith in the providence of God  

Show us a verse in the New Testament that tells or directs or requires that a born again Christian  HAVE FAITH in " God's Providence".

List the verse or verses.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Alive said:

I will say only this about the process of sanctification and our walking out what is already done by God in Christ, In heaven and in us that are born again.

1. It has zero to do with acquiring and keeping the free gift of salvation.

2. there is a significant difference between simply 'yielding' to and 'allowing' the power of the New Life 'In Christ' to manifest in and through these earthen vessels and working to behave in a way that we think is appropriate. The first is 'Life' the second is not. One is by 'faith' and the other by 'effort'.

And hear this, my friend---the difference is everything.

One will result in peace and joy and the other will result in exhaustion and constant struggle.

Other than this, we are battling today and other days on this forum--against the lie that Christ in you and me can die a second time and get back up on the cross or a cross. 

THe way to 'Love' and being 'Hot' is only one way and that way is through faith and an understanding of our 'Salvation' and how that works. Its THAT TRUTH that sets us free and results in Christ shining through us.

Again---to the carnal mind, this seems foolish and pointless and only mincing words.

It is not those things. This is 'reality'. I mean 'reality' on purpose, because the other way is 'made up imagination' 'hollow' and without substance.

1. I agree. It has to do with eternal rewards, and coming to the fulness of Christ.

2. I Agree, it is about us, and our "Old man that says "we can't" getting out of the way and learning to say "God can and is Able to accomplish" as the author AND finisher of our faith.

When the carnal nature, the "old man", saying "we can't", Is allowed to rule our lives we get to a place called complacency which is the adversaries substitute for real peace and joy that surpasses understanding that comes with victory through Christ and the cross over the carnal man.  

Complacency is a place we stop growing in Christ (refer to the verses I quoted earlier) and we settle where we are at in Christian city as opposed to finishing our journey to the city of God. There is a saying of A.W. Tozer that has been turned into a motivational quote for obvious reasons, and let me use it here to explain this to you, as someone who has coached many a youth team and encouraged them by this quote.

"Refuse to be Average, Let your heart soar as High as high as it will" A.W. Tozer.

When I use this quote as a coach, I am trying to instill in the players the desire to work at being better than they think they are capable of. A Player can go out there and run on the field and make a play and even score a goal, But are they making a difference in the game? Are they defending better than the rest, are they taking responsibility for all aspects of the game , the little things that win games or are they excelling at all parts of the game. there are always those players that know how to do the glorious things that but only put half the effort into the less than glorious things in the game and this in the end is where victory comes for the team. They have settled for average, instead of excelling in the Game.

Our Spiritual journey is the same way, and we are seeing this manifesting here on this site. There are those who are settling for average, and they seem to be the doing their job because they are scoring some goals here and there. But they are not reaching their full potential and excelling in all aspects of the faith. They are resting in their Knowledge about Jesus and his grace, But are not relying in His Providence fully and completely, They playing the half of the game good, while neglecting the other half that leads to victory. (This is an analogy I am not saying faith is a game)

You see, We not only have faith, but we can soar to victory because of that faith if our carnal mind stops saying "we can't" and Instead start to say "By The grace of God we can". Read the stream of comments here again, and you will now see who is saying "we can't", and who is saying "by the Grace of God we can". This is the eyesalve of God we are encouraged to "buy" and I have given to you free of charge, now use it. This will make you more "alive" than you already are. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, Flowersun said:

I have to agree about faith and effort .

When I became a new born in Christ,...because I had just come out of the world,I struggled and nearly died,because I was trying to do everything in my own strength.

I had to learn to let go of self...and let God...when you surrender to God...everything fits into place,just like a puzzle...I am now so full of peace...because I put all of my trust and faith in God...it really is amazing..

it  was painful journey letting go of self,..but I have always had to learn the hard way...on saying that..I won't stop learning until I die .

Flowersun,

The difference between yourself and some here is they leave that last line off.... "I won't stop learning till I die". Complacency is a place where we think we have arrived at truth, when we still have a journey ahead of us. Never stop learning. 

Our heart must always be in a state of readiness to learn, and when the Spirit Speaks we must Hear what the Spirit is saying to the church. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Not me said:

These words quoted above are absolutely true... For only the new creation can and will stand before God.... The new creation as I’m sure most everyone knows is also put forth as the new birth or the Divine nature come to birth in the believer...

It is the understanding of this truth that sets a believer free from all sorts of bondages of the this’s and the that’s ....

This truth seen into as to what it is in itself will settle the heart and life in their relationship with Christ to and in a degree that will as scripture says “establish one in Christ”....

Seeing into this can not be done from the outside it has to be done by God Himself in the heart of the believer...This seeing into the realities of the Divine nature come to birth in one and the ramifications of that eternal birth, can and will only come through one feeding their personal relationship with Christ....No other learning can teach the believer what they need to see...For all other learning is a learning of human reasonings...Only the teaching that comes from God Himself to the heart of that believer is food for that believer...

This truth once seen into will set the heart at rest and establish a believer in Christ...The believer will not be tossed to and fro any more by this or that doctrine of the interpretation of man’s human reasonings of scripture.. Which includes the OSAS debate. 

For all truth, life, light that comes from God to the heart of man has but one purpose and that is to free the heart of man before God..  

Be blessed all as to God do we go for light, life and growth..

A fellow servant of His, Not me 

Amen.  For most believers it's a battle to get there though, with the Lord's help.  Battling through the veil of flesh, battling through the lies of the enemy, battling through the unbelief...etc.  Labouring to enter into that rest of God.  Like the labour of childbirth.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

@dhchristianYou are assuming much about folks that have posted about Grace. Just as @Gideonhas done from the beginning. You are essentially indicting folks for a transgression they haven't made. This is in the same vain as those that say folks preaching Grace and only Grace are advocating an easy life of sin. It has been pointed out that this is far from true, regarding those that walk in that light. You have no idea, how folks are living--unless you know them personally.

Do you? Ya see--we need to observe what the scripture says and what the Cross did accomplish.

I am speaking only of and others are speaking of the Truth of the Gospel and mentioning what is not the Truth of the Gospel that some folks have typed.

It is 'correction' and shining the light of Truth on this forum for the benefit of those reading.

I know exactly what has been said and what is being said. I have seen this stuff as a rubber stamp personally for a very long time. I know full well what it is. I know the subtlety that the enemy employs to thwart the Truth of Grace in Christ and the true about the work of the cross.

Edited by Alive
  • Well Said! 1

1 hour ago, Alive said:

@dhchristianI don't know what you are referring to with @Behold

I will say only this about the process of sanctification and our walking out what is already done by God in Christ, In heaven and in us that are born again.

1. It has zero to do with acquiring and keeping the free gift of salvation.

2. there is a significant difference between simply 'yielding' to and 'allowing' the power of the New Life 'In Christ' to manifest in and through these earthen vessels and working to behave in a way that we think is appropriate. The first is 'Life' the second is not. One is by 'faith' and the other by 'effort'.

And hear this, my friend---the difference is everything.

One will result in peace and joy and the other will result in exhaustion and constant struggle.

Other than this, we are battling today and other days on this forum--against the lie that Christ in you and me can die a second time and get back up on the cross or a cross. 

THe way to 'Love' and being 'Hot' is only one way and that way is through faith and an understanding of our 'Salvation' and how that works. Its THAT TRUTH that sets us free and results in Christ shining through us.

Again---to the carnal mind, this seems foolish and pointless and only mincing words.

It is not those things. This is 'reality'. I mean 'reality' on purpose, because the other way is 'made up imagination' 'hollow' and without substance.

Then why are some objecting so strenuously to a testimony of ceasing to struggle and having entered the rest of God...?  I think there must be some misunderstanding of what is being said here.  

• Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Then why are some objecting so strenuously to a testimony of ceasing to struggle and having entered the rest of God...?  I think there must be some misunderstanding of what is being said here.  

No--there is no misunderstanding among those that are mature and have understanding. Its not that part of the message, its what is between the lines and the inference that if ya don't do this 'now' then you are in trouble. It is the 'or else' message and the 'lose your salvation' part that is artfully inserted.

These things send an 'alarm signal' to those who know how to pay attention.

Let me say further...as I have typed and others have typed. A true walking out of Christ in you the hope of glory is of faith and 'yielding' and not by effort.. The 'or else' message ALWAYS leads to self-effort instead of Christ.

The correct way to instruct folks is to point to Christ and His finished work and allow the Holy Spirit to do what He does in a believer.

This difference is everything....

Edited by Alive
  • Brilliant! 1

11 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

Absolutely....AMEN!

And worth keeping in mind too I think, that not everyone has the exact same battles, or even the same measure of grace in the beginning....we each have our own corner of the battlefield facing our own unique challenges etc.....all for God's glory.  Every time we win a battle and defeat the foe, it is a victory to the glory of God and for His kingdom's sake.

9 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

And worth keeping in mind too I think, that not everyone has the exact same battles, or even the same measure of grace in the beginning....we each have our own corner of the battlefield facing our own unique challenges etc.....all for God's glory.  Every time we win a battle and defeat the foe, it is a victory to the glory of God and for His kingdom's sake.

@HeleadethmeI assure you that as soon as you see a battle as one that 'you' need to fight---you have already lost.

Again--this seems a mincing of words, but it is not. Christ has already won---we stand in that by Faith. The battle is won.

Edited by Alive
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alive said:

No--there is no misunderstanding among those that are mature and have understanding. Its not that part of the message, its what is between the lines and the inference that if ya don't do this 'now' then you are in trouble. It is the 'or else' message and the 'lose your salvation' part that is artfully inserted.

These things send an 'alarm signal' to those who know how to pay attention.

"Artfully" inserted..? 

Those who are more mature who will understand that there is an urgency in the spirit to get to where we need to be.....God's spirit doesn't strive with man forever.....and God's people need to be ready to face the severe trials that are just around the corner now.

• Well Said! 1