• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  91
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/19/1982

14 minutes ago, Willa said:

We recon ourselves crucified with Christ and dead to sin.  Our old man is dead and we have a new nature that is no longer ensleaved to sin.  Now we can focus on allowing the Holy Spirit to lead us.  We become not just a slave to God with a new nature and a new Master, but a child of God who will inherit with Jesus.

Well said! It took me so long to open myself to Christ and when I did, he has changed my life. Even just reading your comment brings tears to my eyes because it makes me appreciate what Jesus did for us and the gratefulness to God that he sent him here for us. 

• Loved it! 1
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  118
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  4,361
  • Content Per Day:  2.30
  • Birthday:  02/03/1953

4 hours ago, Behold said:

Trust me, we know all about sin., yet its knowing how to stop that is what you are missing.

This is why you say, you "try not to do it"..  

That's not stopping... and that is not how you stop.

How do you stop?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.87
  • Days Won:  5

5 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

How do you stop?

When your Love for God is greater than your desire to sin......Love is the Engine that drives Obedience...

4 hours ago, Behold said:

Trust me, we know all about sin., yet its knowing how to stop that is what you are missing.

This is why you say, you "try not to do it"..  

That's not stopping... and that is not how you stop.

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

How do you stop?

These two scriptures indicate to me we have to resist temptation. God doesn’t do it all for us. It takes some effort on our part. The Lord shows the way, but we have to do as he tells us to do.  

Resist the devil and he will flee from you. James 4:7 RSV 

[8] Be sober, be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking some one to devour.
[9] Resist him, firm in your faith, knowing that the same experience of suffering is required of your brotherhood throughout the world. 1 Peter 5:8-9 RSV

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

12 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

How do you stop?

You have to learn how to undo your sin consciousness.

Sin consciousness is a sort of "mental tattoo" that the Law etched in your mind until the moment that "Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the Law".

So, you get rid of this not by striving against sin, as that just keeps painting the tattoo.  That makes the desire to sin, stronger in you.

The law actually inflames your desire to sin.  Thats the "curse of the Law Pt 11".. Its this power of the dominion of the law that judges you as a sinner then inflames your passion to sin more.   And that is a CURSE.   So, Jesus removed this curse.  And replaced it with GRACE.   "you are not under the law, but under GRACE"/ 

What you do is basically obsess on realizing how GOD sees you as "justified" and "righteous", and you learn to just relax into GRACE as you understand that "God who started your salvation in you, born again, will HIMSELF be Faithful to complete it".  And "Jesus is the author and finisher of your faith".

So, God has your salvation covered with the Blood Atonement and Jesus has your faith covered as your heavenly Advocate.

So, RELAX and stop trying to keep yourself saved READER.....and in this you find the GRACE OF GOD which gives you REST.

And in that GRACE REST, you become FREED from the sin consciousness issue, which empowers you to be able to live HOLY.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

7 minutes ago, johnthebaptist said:

These two scriptures indicate to me we have to resist temptation. God doesn’t do it all for us.

God had to do it all for you. That is why He came down here and died on the Cross.

You can't do any of it.  Salvation is all of God, and none of you.

If you could do it, you would never have sinned at all, much less all your life....So, you CAN'T do it and that is why the Cross was GIVEN.....Because GOD CAN.

AND DID.

So, read my previous Thread.

11 hours ago, Behold said:

I dont have any sin, so, i can't comment on that for you.   Romans 4:8

All mine were placed on the Body of Jesus who bore them and became them,  and He died for them all.

Before i was born again, i was under the law, and the law defined me as a sinner, so at that time had i said i had no sin then John would have said to me....Listen Behold, if we say we have no sin, when Christ has not yet paid for them all, then we deceive ourselves....So, He would have said...."come now, today is the day for salvation, today is the day to join the family of God, receive now the Salvation of God that Christ has provided on the Cross and be born again".

So, once i did that, my sins were GONE.  And they are still GONE.  They died with JESUS.

Now im not under the law, so, im only defined by God's Grace as being "in Christ".

When God looks at anyone who is born again, He only sees us as RIGHTEOUS, as that is the eternal effect of the Blood Atonement.

You don't have any sin? Great.

10 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

I am led by the Holy Spirit So I do not have any problem,

You however are saying you are led by your sinful nature and can not stop.

You must be born again.

You must be born of the Holy Spirit. It is the only way I know of.

No, I never said I was led by my sinful nature. Where did you come up with that?

10 hours ago, Cornelius10 said:

You must be born again, a New Creature, in the Lord.

We've all been born again. Now it's time to follow the Lord. Have you made no mistakes since you began following the Lord?

10 hours ago, Behold said:

You have to learn how to undo your sin consciousness.

Sin consciousness is a sort of "mental tattoo" that the Law etched in your mind until the moment that "Christ has redeemed us from the Curse of the Law".

So, you get rid of this not by striving against sin, as that just keeps painting the tattoo.  That makes the desire to sin, stronger in you.

The law actually inflames your desire to sin.  Thats the "curse of the Law Pt 11".. Its this power of the dominion of the law that judges you as a sinner then inflames your passion to sin more.   And that is a CURSE.   So, Jesus removed this curse.  And replaced it with GRACE.   "you are not under the law, but under GRACE"/ 

What you do is basically obsess on realizing how GOD sees you as "justified" and "righteous", and you learn to just relax into GRACE as you understand that "God who started your salvation in you, born again, will HIMSELF be Faithful to complete it".  And "Jesus is the author and finisher of your faith".

So, God has your salvation covered with the Blood Atonement and Jesus has your faith covered as your heavenly Advocate.

So, RELAX and stop trying to keep yourself saved READER.....and in this you find the GRACE OF GOD which gives you REST.

And in that GRACE REST, you become FREED from the sin consciousness issue, which empowers you to be able to live HOLY.

We have to resist the temptation to sin. It's a pretty simple concept.