Saints and The Faithful

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  0

I Am Reposting this here because I am Hoping that discussion follows this topic, as the Post I placed this on was shut down. It is about distinguishing between the faithful in Christ Jesus and the saints, and is a concept that has been lost in the church since the reformation which reacted to the veneration of the Saints of the Roman Catholic church (Which is a bad doctrine), But in throwing out the bath water they threw out the Baby as well. 

have you ever done a study of the Word Saint in Scripture? My Conclusions on this are from and in-depth study of this term both Old and new testament Applications. 

Once the faithful and the saints are seen as distinct all of a sudden scripture especially prophetic scripture begins to Make More Sense. Here are some verses to consider.

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus: (Eph 1:1) Notice the delineation by the use of the conjunction "And". Same thing in Col. 1;2; But not as distinct as the eph. 1 Passage. To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace be unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Now If  we Look at Romans 1:7 Paul gives more information, The Saints are called To all that be in Rome, beloved of God, called to be saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Then Look at 2 Peter 1:1 Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ: Which then proceeds to speak of Making your calling and election sure. Notice the Word Obtained in verse 1. This Word is By divine Lot as in casting Lots. Are we saved by God Casting Lots in heaven? I think not, But we are called to be saints set apart from the Body, Just like the Old Testament saints were set apart from the nation of Israel. Notice also, "Like Precious faith with us" (the Apostles) The Saints are called, and chosen by divine Lot. 

Notice the distinction made here as well Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; (Eph 2:19) 

Notice how the Believers in Colosse are also commended for their Love for the saints Since we heard of your faith in Christ Jesus, and of the love which ye have to all the saints, (Col. 1:4)

The saints are Perfected for the Ministry For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: (Eph. 4;12) They have been given a greater understanding than the rest of the Body May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height; And to know the love of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that ye might be filled with all the fulness of God. (Eph. 3:18-19)

If this has remotely spoken to you, I suggest you do the study yourself. It is my Opinion that this is the error of the Sardis church age (the Protestant reformation), and it has continued on through the fundamentalist (Philadelphian) and into the Laodicean Age of the church ( This present Post modern church age). It is this error that leads to both Calvin's error and Arminius' error of Understanding and hence the division in the body of Christ. When One rightly sees this distinction, all of a sudden revelation is seen in a whole new Light. How I would phrase this doctrinally is all those who are saved are called to be saints, Only a few make their calling and election sure and become saints. They are chosen by God, By divine Lot not based on merit (Predestined), But Most do not make the election sure. They stand in the Gap, By that I mean they Are persecuted in the stead of the Faithful in Christ Jesus.

Then also Use this distinction and read the Passages in scripture where predestination is mentioned and see if you can spot this there.

• Well Said! 1

And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. (Rev. 19:8)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/09/1984

What is a Saint?  Someone who has been a Saint, it may have been like The Holy Spirit entwined with their soul.  They became "One with God."  Towards this there may have been some processes where God sanctifies someone.  This is not theoretical.  There is cause and effect to it.  Before, someone may have gone to Church every Sunday, and maybe a time or two during the week.  They may have done this for years.   They may not have been experiencing God.  There is cause and effect.  Someone was one way, and they were transformed, and they became different.  

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.  (Ezekiel 36:26) 

Given someone were to do an internet search of "Heart of Stone and Jews" someone may be able to find a lot of valid information very quickly from a variety of sources. Christian sources, Jewish source, Professors, and other news sources. Having a Heart of Stone may be a particular spiritual condition with cause and effect to it. Talmudic Jews have been said to have hearts of stone, and do mean things to gentiles. In the media, someone with a Heart of Stone, like the Rolling Stones song, "Heart of Stone," may be someone who behaves as a love'em and leave'em type. He may be a self-centered seeker of pleasure. He may not care about love or marriage. Harvey Weinstein was a married man. He used his position of authority in such a way as to pressure women who were not his wife towards being with him. Harvey Weinstein may of had a Heart of Stone.

I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you; I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh. (Ezekiel 36:26)

For this people's heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.' (Matthew 13:15)

There is cause and effect to the Spiritual.  A circumcision of the heart may have been something someone felt and experienced.  They became aware of their heart.  Someone with a circumcision of the heart would be a Jew and a Saint? 

Edited by Manonfire63

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, Manonfire63 said:

What is a Saint? 

It is my understanding that 'saint' is a poor translation of Holy One. I.e. a son of God thus adopted into His Kingdom.

Edited by Justin Adams

Holy has a particular meaning.  God has had standards.  For example: 

• He must not marry a widow, a divorced woman, or a woman defiled by prostitution, but only a virgin from his own people,  (Leviticus 21:14) 
  • But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, God's special possession, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.  (1 Peter 2:9) 

Someone in the Early Church could be married and be a Priest.  Someone who was married could be an Orthodox Priest today. 

Who gets the girl?  A Priest would not be allowed to marry afterwards?  He could be using his position for leverage?    There are a lot of issues with being a Servant of God and potentially dating and finding a spouse.  God is love.  (1 John 4:8)  A servant of God like a Prophet or Saint could not be in competition with other men for love in the wrong way where he may have hurt how someone saw said servant or God.  There are a lot of interesting issues or concerns here. 

Edited by Manonfire63

Short Video:  Holiness. The Bible Project. 

The Question:  In an understanding of Holiness, why may a Levite only have been able to marry a virgin.  Why not a widow? 

Christian Societies, in an understanding of God, valued virgin brides.  I mentioned Talmudic Jews having a heart of stone doing mean things to gentiles?  Ultra Orthodox Jews tend to marry virgin brides.  They may have had a match maker.  Marxist, Christ denying, Betty Friedan came from a Jewish background, and gave society Third Wave Feminism leading into a sexual revolution.  Christian societies value virgin brides.  What type of society have you lived in?  A Christian society or more of a Harlot Ezekiel 23 society?  What came first?  The idolatry or the adultery? 

Given someone was a servant of God, someone who God has his hand on, and was speaking through in someway, he may have been pretty awesome.  God is awesome.  He may have had blessing and anointing.  God is love, and God's love is forever.  God is first and last.  God was man's first love as creator.  He will be man's last love; every knee shall bow, every tongue confess.  Someone close to God may have come into some understanding of this. 

Man is the head.  He is a decision make.  Woman is the neck turning the head.  She influences decisions.  A young woman would like attention from men towards gaining a husband.  She dressed nice for a social gathering.  She was turning heads?  Husband turns to his wife and asks "Where would you like to go for dinner?"  She replies "I don't know."  The replies like that a lot.  She is waiting or looking for him to make a decision?  A man is the head, woman the neck turning the head.  King Solomon had his head turned from God by his foreign wives he was not suppose to marry. 

Given a really awesome servant of God, servant God most high, and he was eligible, why did someone's husband really die?  What was in a woman's heart?  Was she scheming?  Was she looking to make him miserable towards him doing something foolish?  Woman can be sneaky. 

Edited by Manonfire63

5 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

It is my understanding that 'saint' is a poor translation of Holy One. I.e. a son of God thus adopted into His Kingdom.

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil. (Proverbs 3:5-7)

A Saint is a set apart One. The Levites were set apart from the nation of Israel to serve as Priests, They were saints. Aaron was a Saint, Moses a Servant of the LORD.

Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.  Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is. And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure. ( 1 John 3:1-3)

We are all sons of God Now, all who have been Justified By the Blood of the Lamb. The Saint Is a group that has been "perfected" In Love For the Purpose of edifying the body, Until such a time as the Body reaches Maturity in Christ Jesus and comes to the Unity of the Spirit.

The Saint until then is likely to be maligned and hated as the Prophets of Old were for speaking out against those doctrines of men that make the body swing to and fro in. (Eph 4:14) Legalism and lawlessness. The Ultimate final deception will be the Lawless one (Antichrist) Joining forces with the Legalist (The false Prophet) In Persecuting the Saints..... In Other words the church has become the saints (In the unity of the Spirit) and the Legalist and lawless ones will have fallen away from the Body.  

Once one sees this the scales begin to fall off on eschatology as well.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  96
  • Topic Count:  307
  • Content Count:  18,136
  • Content Per Day:  4.63
  • Days Won:  327

7 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Thats right.......we are Holy because of the Blood of Christ,We are the Righteousness of God in Christ,Saved by the Grace of God...

That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.       Eph 5:27

In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy and unblameable and unreproveable in his sight: Col 1:22

1 Corinthians 1:8

who will sustain you to the end, guiltless in the day of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Praise Jesus!                                          With love-in Christ,Kwik

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

10 hours ago, Justin Adams said:

Its everyone who has been redeemed by the Blood of Jesus.

(Born Again).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

20 hours ago, Behold said:

Its everyone who has been redeemed by the Blood of Jesus.

(Born Again).

If every born again believer is a saint why is the church more divided and powerless today than ever before?