shortangel

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

tomarrow is the National Day of Prayer,  how should Christians prepare for the National Day of Prayer???  this years prayer focus is praying for America & revivial,  :) 

• Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

Everyday is the National Day of Prayer for me. 

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  1

Is this a North America thing?

true

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, shortangel said:

tomarrow is the National Day of Prayer,  how should Christians prepare for the National Day of Prayer???

Praying would be a good way.

• Thumbs Up 1

yep Amen :)  I agree with you :)

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

The national day of prayer was instituted by Harry Truman in 1952, originally set for July 4, and later moved to the first Thursday of May by Ronald Reagan.  Billy Graham was instrumental in it.  It was a great and inspired idea.  Truman was one of those rare Christians who actually memorized the Bible, and Billy Graham was the greatest evangelist and revivalist this country has ever seen.

Harry Truman is probably most remembered for dropping two atomic bombs on Japan.  But I think his real legacy is as the force behind establishing the modern state of Israel.  God would have done it anyway, as he saved his people through Esther, but it's only right to admire the people who actually show the courage to do God's work.  Interestingly Esther called for a day of prayer as well.

Est 4:16.  Go, gather together all the Jews that are present in Shushan, and fast ye for me, and neither eat nor drink for three days, night or day, I also and my maidens will fast likewise, and so will I go unto the king, and if I perish, I perish.

Unified prayer unleashed the power of God for an individual, family, church, and entire nations.  It is easy to understand how a national prayer of God's chosen people Israel would be readily answered by God.  But his love was not, and is not restricted them.  Even the evil city of Ninevah was spared the wrath of God through national prayer, during the time of Jonah:

Jon 3:5-6.  So the people of Ninevah beleived God, and proclaimed a fast, and put on sackcloth, from the greatest of them even to the least of them For the word came unto the king of Ninevah, and he arose from his throne, and he laid his robe from him, and covered him with sackcloth, and sat himself in ashes. And he caused it to be proclaimed and published through Ninevah, by decree of the king and his nobles saying, Let neither man nor beast, herd nor flock, taste anything.  Let them not feed nor drink water.  But let man and beast be covered with sackcloth AND CRY MIGHTILY UNTO GOD.  Yes let them turn everyone from his evil way, and from the violence that is in his hands.  Who can tell if God will turn and repent, and turn away from his fierce anger, that we perish not.  AND GOD SAW THEIR WORKS, THAT THEY TURNED FROM THEIR EVIL WAY, AND GOD REPENTED OF THE EVIL THAT HE SAID HE WOULD DO UNTO THEM, AND HE DID IT NOT 

Dear Jesus, we are a hard hearted nation, as Israel often was in times past, and we are a nation that commits many evil acts as Ninevah did.  And all this despite your many blessings.  Please sow in us a spirit of repentance.  Forgive, and create a new heart in this nation.  Unleash your Spirit.  And come quickly.

Amen.

• Thumbs Up 1

thank you for shareing that