• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

3 minutes ago, Heleadethme said:

Perhaps we could say that the new testament is the old testament REVEALED.

Quite correct, and it often works both ways as well. The LXX and the non Masoretic Hebrew texts (Qumran) show us all of it quite clearly.

Edited by Justin Adams
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

3 hours ago, Retrobyter said:

Shalom, Heleadethme.

Yes, I was about to get started on that. I believe SOLELY in the Gospel of the Kingdom, and that Gospel was merely MODIFIED by Paul to INCLUDE the "death, burial, and resurrection of our Master, Yeshua` the Messiah of God." But, let's be clear: What is it that you feel is being "'moderated' out of existence?" 

Just a dread feeling that this "dual gospel theory" being brought on this thread is the prevailing view of this website and there are not many around here to contend for the true faith.  I hope I'm wrong. 

We have a pretty wretched climate where we live, and today is one of those rare pleasant and idyllic early summer days, but this thread is literally making me so sad and depressed the sun might as well not be shining. :(   There is such a famine and dearth for the true gospel now....so many deceptions abound.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,621
  • Content Per Day:  1.09
  • Days Won:  7
  • Birthday:  02/15/1973

8 minutes ago, DeighAnn said:

I couldn't agree with you more.  It doesn't take long to tell whos knowledge comes from just commentaries, or  just NT, or even just the traditions of man.  Not many seem to realize the difference between an evangelist and a teacher either.  The Word for too long has been given from the evangelist point of "God is love, are you saved?" only and the realization that we are in the final generation in which the whole gospel armor will be required to Stand, Overcome and endure to the end is in play.  

The New Testament is (I am going with bunches of it having tried "much, a lot and some") like the "cliff notes" for the Old, and for me at least, much of Gods wisdom is found in the details, and many of those details are found in the Old. 

It says that Jesus is the Author and the finisher of our faith. You can’t fulfill something or finish it unless it was first Authored or instituted. I was taught years ago in a school slash bible study the proper way to teach something. You must first state the principle or principles your going to teach on. The second thing to do is to find that principle where it was first instituted or authored in the law.
Then find if it was also instituted in the prophets by their testimony. After finding these two witnesses in the law and prophets find out where Jesus is fulfilling it in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. After finding out how Jesus fulfilled it, then find out what is the spiritual fulfillment of what was fulfilled, and finished in the New Testament starting from the book of Acts on. 

This is how Jesus taught. He always supported what he was trying to teach through the law and the prophets. The law and the prophets were the two witnesses and Jesus was the third witness to confirm what the two witnesses testified of through their testimony.

This pattern of how to teach and preach seems to be absent from our modern day Churches. Now it’s seems to be a smorgasbord Christianity of picking the things we like that line up with our doctrines of men and throw away or discard the things we don’t like or rub our flesh the wrong way. We have to embrace the whole word of God not bits and pieces.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,222
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 6/27/2020 at 8:59 AM, douge said:

The verse says And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament,

The new testament is not the new covenant. The new covenant is future, in the kingdom.

When you don't even know the definition of a covenant and a testament, you really shouldn't embark on an attempt to interpret scripture.

According to Merriam-Webster dictionary, a secular covenant is "a formal solemn and binding agreement".  A secular testament is "the determination of the disposition of his or her property after death".  

According to Zondervan Biblical dictionary, the English word covenant is a translation of the Hebrew word berith meaning "to fetter" or "to bind in mutual obligation".  Also according to the Zondervan reference book, the English word "testament" as used in the NT epistles is a translation of the Greek word "diatheke".   The Greek word is more accurately rendered after the Hebrew word berith.  In other words the English rendering of "covenant" and "testament" is identical.

Referring to the Wycliffe Bible Commentary of Hebrews 9:15 the new AGREEMENT between God and Jews is sealed upon the death of Jesus upon the cross.   It is NOT FUTURE.  IT IS NOW.

Again, a testament applies at the point of death.  Biblically speaking the "new" testament/covenant began at the moment of death of Christ upon the cross.

Looking at the context of the entire Bible and specifically the entire book of Hebrews, an exercise which has escaped your attention, scripture is examining the application of the OLD LAW as stated in Leviticus and Exodus in contrast with the NEW LAW explained in Hebrews (among other epistles). 

You steadfastly refuse to examine the Bible or its contents.

What you ARE DOING is creating a false doctrine and using snippets of the Bible together with your own illogic to justify it. 

If you truly truly seek truth, then you must do so in an orderly and scholarly fashion.  On the other hand if you wish to subject the readers here to your own form of delusionary doctrines of demons, then prepare to be called out on it in no uncertain terms.  Not for nothing does the Bible say;

Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth. - 2 Timothy 2:15

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

PS

I did your homework this time. Please try to expand your horizons and do your own next time around.

Edited by Alive
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  70
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,222
  • Content Per Day:  0.38
  • Birthday:  10/10/1947

On 6/28/2020 at 11:32 AM, Eddy Crocker said:

It says that Jesus is the Author and the finisher of our faith. You can’t fulfill something or finish it unless it was first Authored or instituted. I was taught years ago in a school slash bible study the proper way to teach something. You must first state the principle or principles your going to teach on. The second thing to do is to find that principle where it was first instituted or authored in the law.
Then find if it was also instituted in the prophets by their testimony. After finding these two witnesses in the law and prophets find out where Jesus is fulfilling it in Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. After finding out how Jesus fulfilled it, then find out what is the spiritual fulfillment of what was fulfilled, and finished in the New Testament starting from the book of Acts on. 

This is how Jesus taught. He always supported what he was trying to teach through the law and the prophets. The law and the prophets were the two witnesses and Jesus was the third witness to confirm what the two witnesses testified of through their testimony.

This pattern of how to teach and preach seems to be absent from our modern day Churches. Now it’s seems to be a smorgasbord Christianity of picking the things we like that line up with our doctrines of men and throw away or discard the things we don’t like or rub our flesh the wrong way. We have to embrace the whole word of God not bits and pieces.

You are absolutely positively correct in every word you wrote.

The only point I'd make is that the methodology doesn't 'seem' to be absent.  It is deliberately ignored.   

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...

Edited by choir loft
insulting member - a false accusation of a statement of truth
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Topic Count:  84
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  6,301
  • Content Per Day:  3.61

27 minutes ago, Roar said:

To Israel salvation was first offered (as the OT foretold and that He would be rejected) as Jesus said and yet He showed the coming fullness of salvation for all:

Matthew 15:21-28 New King James Version (NKJV)

21 Then Jesus went out from there and departed to the region of Tyre and Sidon. 22 And behold, a woman of Canaan came from that region and cried out to Him, saying, “Have mercy on me, O Lord, Son of David! My daughter is severely demon-possessed.”

23 But He answered her not a word.

And His disciples came and urged Him, saying, “Send her away, for she cries out after us.”

24 But He answered and said, “I was not sent except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.”

25 Then she came and worshiped Him, saying, “Lord, help me!”

26 But He answered and said, “It is not good to take the children’s bread and throw it to the little dogs.”

27 And she said, “Yes, Lord, yet even the little dogs eat the crumbs which fall from their masters’ table.”

28 Then Jesus answered and said to her, “O woman, great is your faith! Let it be to you as you desire.” And her daughter was healed from that very hour.

In Romans 11 it is fleshed out with greater detail that God's plan was when the majority of Jews rejected Jesus as their Messiah then salvation would be granted for all to participate with warnings not to take it for granted or get conceited.

Romans 11 New King James Version (NKJV)

Israel’s Rejection Not Total

11 I say then, has God cast away His people? Certainly not! For I also am an Israelite, of the seed of Abraham, of the tribe of Benjamin. God has not cast away His people whom He foreknew. Or do you not know what the Scripture says of Elijah, how he pleads with God against Israel, saying, Lord, they have killed Your prophets and torn down Your altars, and I alone am left, and they seek my life”? But what does the divine response say to him? “I have reserved for Myself seven thousand men who have not bowed the knee to Baal.” Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace. And if by grace, then it is no longer of works; otherwise grace is no longer grace. [a]But if it is of works, it is no longer grace; otherwise work is no longer work.

What then? Israel has not obtained what it seeks; but the elect have obtained it, and the rest were blinded. Just as it is written:

“God has given them a spirit of stupor,
Eyes that they should not see
And ears that they should not hear,
To this very day.”

And David says:

“Let their table become a snare and a trap,
A stumbling block and a recompense to them.
10 Let their eyes be darkened, so that they do not see,
And bow down their back always.”

Israel’s Rejection Not Final

11 I say then, have they stumbled that they should fall? Certainly not! But through their [b]fall, to provoke them to jealousy, salvation has come to the Gentiles. 12 Now if their [c]fall is riches for the world, and their failure riches for the Gentiles, how much more their fullness!

13 For I speak to you Gentiles; inasmuch as I am an apostle to the Gentiles, I magnify my ministry, 14 if by any means I may provoke to jealousy those who are my flesh and save some of them. 15 For if their being cast away is the reconciling of the world, what will their acceptance be but life from the dead?

16 For if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy; and if the root is holy, so are the branches. 17 And if some of the branches were broken off, and you, being a wild olive tree, were grafted in among them, and with them became a partaker of the root and [d]fatness of the olive tree, 18 do not boast against the branches. But if you do boast, remember that you do not support the root, but the root supports you.

19 You will say then, “Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.” 20 Well said. Because of unbelief they were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear. 21 For if God did not spare the natural branches, He may not spare you either. 22 Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but toward you, [e]goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. 23 And they also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again. 24 For if you were cut out of the olive tree which is wild by nature, and were grafted contrary to nature into a cultivated olive tree, how much more will these, who are natural branches, be grafted into their own olive tree?

25 For I do not desire, brethren, that you should be ignorant of this mystery, lest you should be wise in your own [f]opinion, that blindness in part has happened to Israel until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in. 26 And so all Israel will be [g]saved, as it is written:

“The Deliverer will come out of Zion,
And He will turn away ungodliness from Jacob;
27 For this is My covenant with them,
When I take away their sins.”

28 Concerning the gospel they are enemies for your sake, but concerning the election they are beloved for the sake of the fathers. 29 For the gifts and the calling of God are irrevocable. 30 For as you were once disobedient to God, yet have now obtained mercy through their disobedience, 31 even so these also have now been disobedient, that through the mercy shown you they also may obtain mercy. 32 For God has [h]committed them all to disobedience, that He might have mercy on all.

33 Oh, the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable are His judgments and His ways past finding out!

34 “For who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become His counselor?”
35 “Or who has first given to Him
And it shall be repaid to him?”

36 For of Him and through Him and to Him are all things, to whom be glory forever. Amen.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, (all dates approx)

The 10 northern tribes were taken into captivity by the Assyrian 160 plus years before the southern tribe was taken by the Babylonians.  After the captivity the 10 northern tribes were scattered throughout the world, not going back to their own lands unlike Judah which did.  Since this happened appx 400 years before Jesus walked the earth, the House of Israel was long gone out of the land by the time He arrived.

How does this figure in with what you have stated above in reference to the nation of Israel vs House of Israel/Northern tribes/lost sheep vs House of Judah/Southern tribes/Jews and who is "under stupor" and who is bringing forth blessings and the Word of God to the world?  And if not to much trouble what verses back it up?  Thank you.  And thank you for using Scripture, I for one appreciate it.  

• Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,606
  • Content Per Day:  3.95
  • Days Won:  21

29 minutes ago, Eddy Crocker said:

We have to embrace the whole word of God not bits and pieces.

I never worry about God's church, but I have to smile from time to time.

If we get a really good scholarly foundation, like Dr. Heiser's UNSEEN REALM. and then follow his painstaking scholarship as to who where when and how the scriptures were compiled, we might begin to understand a little.

The texts available to Yeshua and His apostles were/are quite different to our rather watered down/abridged editions.

I mean, 'There is a green hill far away..." is so CRINGEWORTHY, and the Hymn of "..heathen lands far away.." penned not even knowing that the British were plying their Opium rackets and Slave trading from those same 'heathen lands'.

Then there is the 'age of reason' additions to a horrible Augustine, Calvin based theology... YUCK. What folk are actually taught in their pews today is benign and irrelevant largely. Plus the fact that actual learning is frowned upon by a new priestly class wearing nice tailored suits. Hey I went to seminary, who are you? Pay the tithe and off you go citizen, have a nice day.

I could go on and on and on...

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

6 minutes ago, Justin Adams said:

He changeth not. The Tanakh is the bedrock of the new testament. So much is alluded to in the 'OT' and many other books that the so-called reformation did away with. Stufy the Eastern Canon and the other books to get a realy clear understanding of what the apostles and Yeshua read and understood.

http://dustoffthebible.com/Blog-archive/2019/09/17/does-the-new-testament-or-jesus-quote-from-the-apocryphal-books/

The above is well worth reading as well.

Shalom, Justin Adams.

Well, SOME of the apocryphal books are okay, like the historical books of 1 and 2 Maccabees, but others need to be taken with a grain of salt. They're good for a fantasy book or a parabolic book, but they're NOT to be taken as God-inspired, absolute truth! While you can curl up with one of these and enjoy the literature, one should NOT expect to find God's Word among them.

One reads the same kind of fun-filled, imaginative nonsense on the bookshelves of book stores today!

I see all these YouTube videos on the "Nephaliym" of the Bible, and I know they are talking about Genesis 6. BUT, has ANYONE just looked up the word in a good Hebrew dictionary? Here's what one gets from the simplistic Strong's Dictionary of the Hebrew and Chaldee Languages:

5303 nfiyl (nef-eel'), plural nfiliym. Or nfil {nef-eel'}; from naafal; properly, a feller, i.e. A bully or tyrant
-- giant.

5307 naafal (naw-fal'). A primitive root; to fall, in a great variety of applications (intransitive or causative, literal or figurative)
-- be accepted, cast (down, self, (lots), out), cease, die, divide (by lot), (let) fail, (cause to, let, make, ready to) fall (away, down, -en, -ing), fell(-ing), fugitive, have (inheritance), inferior, be judged (by mistake for palal), lay (along), (cause to) lie down, light (down), be (X hast) lost, lying, overthrow, overwhelm, perish, present(-ed, -ing), (make to) rot, slay, smite out, X surely, throw down.

I'm reminded of a story I heard as a kid:

A logging competition was going on and it came down to three men, one was a huge, burly Paul-Bunyan sort of man, another was huge as well, like a bear with clothes on, but the third man was a bit of a pip-squeak, a short, stocky pencil-pusher. The first man stepped up to his tree and grabbed his axe. Whack! Whack! Whack! Whack! and the Tree trembled and fell with a crash!

The second man grabbed his axe, and planted his feet in front of his tree of about the same size. Whack! Whack! Whack! and his tree was down!

The third man humbly came up to his tree of equal girth and took up his axe. WHACK! And the tree landed ten feet away from its stump!

"WOW!" the judge exclaimed. "Where did you learn to cut trees?!"

"In the Sahara Forest," the man replied.

"You mean the Sahara Desert?"

"It is now," he smiled.

According to history.com, "The first Paul Bunyan story, “Round River,” made it into print in 1906, penned by journalist James MacGillivray for a local newspaper in Oscoda, Michigan." 

I grew up in Wisconsin, and I used to LOVE the stories of Paul Bunyan and Babe, his blue ox! I've seen loggers in the north of Wisconsin, and it was NOTHING NEW to see a huge man with bulging muscles hardened by labor! That was the TYPICAL type that felled trees for a living! Of course, by the time I was around, they were already using chain saws as opposed to two-man hand saws and axes, but they often used their own axes to trim the downed trees.

Stories of the kindly Paul Bunyan were good for kids, but the truth about woodcutters back then was that they were the "tough guys" in the bars and were the thugs who considered themselves above the law. They were the "biker Devil's Angels" of the late 1800s and early 1900s!

"The more things change, the more they stay the same." Or, as Shlomoh (Solomon) put it, "There's nothing new under the sun."

These "fellers" in Genesis 6 were of the same reputation. The Nephaliym (Nfiyliym) were not a "race of people"; they were an OCCUPATION!!! And, because they were bigger and badder than most, they lorded their supremacy over others! ALL MEN AND WOMEN, except for the eight in the ark, were drowned in the global Flood! These men, too, were destroyed in the Flood.

They were descendants of those who lived above the ground, in the open air where the trees grew, and considered themselves "sons of God," as opposed to the "other half."

The "other half," the children of Qayin ("Cain"), lived under ground in the city they called "Chanowkh" ("Enoch") after Qayin's son. They were merely "men."

This can be seen in the wording that Qayin used when he received God's punishment for killing his brother Hevel ("Abel"):

Genesis 4:8-16 (KJV)

8 And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him.

9 And the LORD said unto Cain,

"Where is Abel thy brother?"

And he said,

"I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?"

10 And he said,

"What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground! 11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand; 12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth!"

13 And Cain said unto the LORD,

"My punishment is greater than I can bear! 14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the (sur)face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me!" 

15 And the LORD said unto him,

"Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold."

And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod ("Wandering"), on the east of Eden.

Most think Qayin was driven off horizontally; I believe he was driven off the earth (the ground) VERTICALLY! He and his wife and his descendants were driven underground in a cavern system! It was THERE that he constructed his city:

Genesis 4:17-22 (KJV)

17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch (Hebrew: Chanowkh). 18 And unto Enoch was born Irad: and Irad begat Mehujael: and Mehujael begat Methusael: and Methusael begat Lamech. 19 And Lamech took unto him two wives: the name of the one was Adah, and the name of the other Zillah. 20 And Adah bare Jabal: he was the father of such as dwell in tents, and of such as have cattle. 21 And his brother's name was Jubal: he was the father of all such as handle the harp and organ. 22 And Zillah, she also bare Tubalcain, an instructer of every artificer in brass and iron: and the sister of Tubalcain was Naamah.

Jewish rabbis have taught that Naamah became the wife of Noach, the man God chose to build the ark.

Generations later, they emerged and were known as the "children of men." They had daughters, and THESE were the women who were TAKEN BY FORCE by the people above ground, the "sons of God," a term of PREJUDICE!

Genesis 6:1-4 (KJV)

1 And it came to pass, when men (mere men) began to multiply on the face of the earth (they had emerged from the cavern city), and daughters were born unto them, 2 That the sons of God (a term of superiority) saw the daughters of men (a term of inferiority) that they were fair; and they took (forcefully) them wives of all which they chose. 3 And the LORD said,

"My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years!" 

4 There were giants (Hebrew: nfiliym = "fellers; woodcutters") in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same (the CHILDREN) became mighty men (strong men) which were of old, men of renown (popular men; men of respect).

God couldn't stand the prejudice and slavery that he saw and THIS was the cause for Him to bring the lives of human beings to an end! He gave them a 120-year time limit!

Genesis 6:5-8 (KJV)

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. 6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart. 7And the LORD said,

"I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them!"

8 But Noah found grace in the eyes of the LORD.

• Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  5

1 hour ago, Eddy Crocker said:

Amen.  And I think in the end it ultimately boils down to whether we love the truth or not.....we need to love the truth more than ourselves, more than our pet doctrines.  If we love the truth more than ourselves we allow it to correct and reprove us as well as instruct.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  6,619
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/28/1957

1 hour ago, Heleadethme said:

Just a dread feeling that this "dual gospel theory" being brought on this thread is the prevailing view of this website and there are not many around here to contend for the true faith.  I hope I'm wrong. 

We have a pretty wretched climate where we live, and today is one of those rare pleasant and idyllic early summer days, but this thread is literally making me so sad and depressed the sun might as well not be shining. :(   There is such a famine and dearth for the true gospel now....so many deceptions abound.

Shalom gadowl (Great peace to you), Heleadethme!

You will find, then, that the Gospel of the Kingdom is GREAT NEWS! It's something to anticipate like kids do on Christmas morning!

It was started by John the Baptist in Mark 1:

Mark 1:1-11 (KJV)

1 The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God;

2 As it is written in the prophets,

"Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee. The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight."

4 John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins. 5 And there went out unto him all the land of Judaea, and they of Jerusalem, and were all baptized of him in the river of Jordan, confessing their sins. 6 And John was clothed with camel's hair, and with a girdle of a skin about his loins; and he did eat locusts and wild honey; 7 And preached, saying,

"There cometh one mightier than I after me, the latchet of whose shoes I am not worthy to stoop down and unloose. 8 I indeed have baptized you with water: but he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost."

9 And it came to pass in those days, that Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized of John in Jordan. 10 And straightway coming up out of the water, he saw the heavens opened, and the Spirit like a dove descending upon him: 11 And there came a voice from heaven, saying,

"Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!"

Later, we read this:

Mark 1:14-15 (KJV)

14 Now after that John was put in prison, Jesus came into Galilee, preaching (heralding) the gospel of the kingdom of God, 15 And saying,

"The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand (within your grasp): repent ye, and believe the gospel."

Consider how early this was in Yeshua`s (Jesus') 3-1/2-year ministry! Did He offer any explanation as to what this "gospel of the kingdom of God" was? NO! He didn't need to! They already KNEW what it was! The Jews already knew! They read about it EVERY YEAR at least once a year!

Paul gave Gentiles the key in Romans: 

Romans 10:5-15 (KJV)

5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, "That the man which doeth those things shall live by them." (Leviticus 18:5) 6 But the righteousness which is of faith speaketh on this wise, "Say not in thine heart, 'Who shall ascend into heaven?'" (Deuteronomy 30:12) (that is, to bring Christ down from above:) 7 "Or, 'Who shall descend into the deep?'" (Deuteronomy 30:13) (that is, to bring up Christ again from the dead.)" 8 But what saith it? "The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart" (Deuteronomy 30:14): that is, the word of faith, which we preach; 9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, "Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed." (Isaiah 28:16) 12 For there is no difference between the Jew and the Greek: for the same Lord over all is rich unto all that call upon him. 13 For "whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved." (Joel 2:32)

14 How then shall they call on him in whom they have not believed? and how shall they believe in him of whom they have not heard? and how shall they hear without a preacher (a herald)? 15 And how shall they preach (herald), except they be sent? as it is written, "How beautiful are the feet of them that preach the gospel of peace, and bring glad tidings of good things!" (Isaiah 52:7)

Here it comes now! THIS is the "Gospel of the Kingdom of God!"

Isaiah 52:1-10 (KJV)

1 Awake, awake; put on thy strength, O Zion; put on thy beautiful garments, O Jerusalem, the holy city: for henceforth there shall no more come into thee the uncircumcised and the unclean. 2 Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion. 3 For thus saith the LORD,

"Ye have sold yourselves for nought (nothing); and ye shall be redeemed (bought back) without money!"

4 For thus saith the Lord GOD,

"My people went down aforetime into Egypt to sojourn there; and the Assyrian oppressed them without cause. 5 Now therefore, what have I here," saith the LORD, "that my people is taken away for nought? they that rule over them make them to howl," saith the LORD; "and my name continually every day is blasphemed. 6 Therefore my people shall know my name: therefore they shall know in that day that I am he that doth speak: behold, it is I!"

7 How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings (gospel), that publisheth peace; that bringeth good tidings of good (gospel), that publisheth salvation (rescue; deliverance); that saith unto Zion,

"THY GOD REIGNETH!"

8 Thy watchmen shall lift up the voice; with the voice together shall they sing: for they shall see eye to eye, when the LORD shall bring again Zion. 9 Break forth into joy, sing together, ye waste places of Jerusalem: for the LORD hath comforted his people, he hath redeemed Jerusalem. 10 The LORD hath made bare his holy arm in the eyes of all the nations; and all the ends of the earth shall see the salvation (the deliverance; the rescue) of our God!

Three more things, and I'll stop:

First, "Yeshua`" means "He shall save" or "He shall deliver" or "He shall rescue."

Second, the title "Christ" comes from the Greek word "Christos" which is a translation of the Hebrew word "Mashiyach" which is a title meaning "God's Anointed One." Israel's kings were so anointed.

Third, the Davidic Covenant, found in 2 Samuel 7 and in 1 Chronicles 17, gives us God's SPECIFIC words to David:

2 Samuel 7:12-14 (KJV)

12 "And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom. 13 He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever. 14 I will be his father, and he shall be my son."

These words were reiterated by Gavriel ("Gabriel") to Yeshua`s mother, Miryam ("Mary"):

Luke 1:30-33 (KJV)

30 And the angel said unto her,

"Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God. 31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS. 32 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: 33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end."

That's why we hear at His baptism:

"Thou art my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased!"

And, just to tie it all together,

Matthew 24:13-14 (KJV)

13 But he that shall endure (undergo) unto the end, the same shall be saved (rescued; delivered). 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

Take heart, my sister, OUR MASTER IS RETURNING SOON TO REIGN!