IGNORED

Learn a lesson from the Great Awakening ...

George

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

39 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

What if I prove to you there is no more Philadelphian church around today? And that we are all Laodiceans would you listen to what I say or would you get defensive about this? Because I have done this before and that person is now totally reprobate in his thinking and I do not want to push you there. I Would be willing to do this in a soap box debate But Only if you are capable of receiving this, as it will change your whole view of prophetic scripture. 

Suffice it to say for now, when the Philadelphian church fell into textualism, their candle was quenched.

Brother, ...that's just your opinion, and I love you with the Love of Christ so I won't debate it with you, ...the thousands upon thousands of Philadelphian churches scattered across this planet, ...that I'm connected to by the internet is proof enough for me.

Lord bless

Edited by JustPassingThru
  • Thumbs Up 2

Dear brother, ...one last thing....

Jesus said:

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.  Rev 3:8

Are you saying men are stronger than Jesus and they have "shut" the door that He said no man "could" shut?

Think about it bro...

Lord bless

• Thumbs Up 3

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, JustPassingThru said:

I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name.  Rev 3:8

Man did not shut the door, textualism quenched the flame and God shut the door. Jesus remains locked out of the church.... But alas he is Knocking waiting for you, and the church to let Him in. 

38 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

Man did not shut the door, textualism quenched the flame and God shut the door. Jesus remains locked out of the church.... But alas he is Knocking waiting for you, and the church to let Him in. 

Brother, "who" wrote the "textualism" if it wasn't man?

God hasn't shut the door on my church, ...in fact the Holy Spirit is "very" active in it...

And He isn't "waiting" for me bro, ...many years ago I stepped off of the Throne in my heart and let the Holy Spirit take His rightful place, allowing Him to rule, reign and direct my life 24/7.

In fact, since I work with my hands and am currently a cabinet maker, ...years ago I read where God "anointed Bezaleel to build the furniture for His Tabernacle, ...so since I'm the kinda guy who just believes what God has said in His Word, ...and since I'm a former house framer and don't have the slightest idea how to build the furniture and cabinets my boss asks me to build, ...I asked Father to anoint me the way He anointed Bezaleel, ...and He has, ...it's like when I'm working in the cabinet shop I'm not the one who is thinking, ...it's the Holy Spirit doing the thinking for me, ...He gives me the plans as to "how" to build, He gives me the necessary "jigs" to hold the material I'm working on with the power tools, ..He gives me the order of "how" I should precede with the build...

But it doesn't stop in my cabinet shop, the Holy Spirit teaches me as I open up the Word with Him, 1 John 2:27, ...He tells me which route to take as I go to work and cross town to avoid the traffic, He tells me what store to go to to buy the necessary materials I need, ...I'm also the maintenance man for 78 apartments, when I have a scheduled appointment to repair something in a apartment He tells me what tools I need to take, ...sometimes telling me to take a tool I "think" I won't need for the repair I need to make, and while there I find I need the "exact" tool He told me to bring.

I could go on and on, ...I could write books on how the Holy Spirit is alive "practically" in my life for all of these years, ...no bro, I'm one of many that proves the Philadelphian Church of Jesus is not dead, ...far from it!

Lord bless  

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  360
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I believe there is no reason to argue predestination versus sanctification.  Everything in the Bible is true.  And the Bible supports both views.  The problem comes when denominations of Christians are formed and identify with one of these truisms exclusively and seek to discredit the other truism.

Go back farther than the Great Awakening to the time that Jesus walked the earth.  There was one denomination, and his name was Jesus.  Christians didn't fight each other.  They supported each other.  They didn't judge each other because Jesus taught them that as they judge, so shall they be judged.  Civil wars among Christians are not profitable to the Kingdom of heaven.  If we can't love others already in the kingdom, how will we reach out to others that Jesus desires to come into the kingdom?  Once we realize this, we will have another Great Awakening.  Until we do, we will continue to squabble amongst ourselves and quench the Holy Spirit which Jesus will unleash as described in the book of Joel.

I believe that Calvinist predestination and Wesleyan/Arminian sanctification ideas are both strongly  based on the Bible.  They are both true.  We don't have to go war with each other over these ideas.  I believe that Calvinist predestination concerns how you are saved by an eternal Jesus, who sees all time past, present, and future.  He knows how our lives will unfold before they even begin.  He knows who has heart for God before he forms us in our mother's wombs.  This is not hard for him.  He created the universe.  He knows everything.

I believe that Wesleyan sanctification concerns how you live your life and grow your relationship with Jesus after you are saved.  Surely we should be holy as Jesus is is holy.  Jesus did not save us to put us on a shelf like trophies.  Any loving relationship needs constant nurturing.  As the created of the creator, we are to be obedient to Jesus.  He calls us to do his work.  Look around the world today.  There's alot of work to do.  When we do it, powered by the Spirit of God, in obedience to our master, Jesus, we are holy in his eyes, despite our many flaws.

There will be another great Awakening before the greatest of all wars, Armageddon, which Jesus will win easily.  After that all things will be made new, and perfect.  Our current denominational squabbles and civil wars hinder these things.  Just focus on Jesus.  He draws us together.  It's really not that complicated is it?

• Followers:  9
  • Topic Count:  136
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  2,488
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

Just now, JustPassingThru said:

Brother, "who" wrote the "textualism" if it wasn't man?

God hasn't shut the door on my church, ...in fact the Holy Spirit is "very" active in it...

And He isn't "waiting" for me bro, ...many years ago I stepped off of the Throne in my heart and let the Holy Spirit take His rightful place, allowing Him to rule, reign and direct my life 24/7.

In fact, since I work with my hands and am currently a cabinet maker, ...years ago I read where God "anointed Bezaleel to build the furniture for His Tabernacle, ...so since I'm the kinda guy who just believes what God has said in His Word, ...and since I'm a former house framer and don't have the slightest idea how to build the furniture and cabinets my boss asks me to build, ...I asked Father to anoint me the way He anointed Bezaleel, ...and He has, ...it's like when I'm working in the cabinet shop I'm not the one who is thinking, ...it's the Holy Spirit doing the thinking for me, ...He gives me the plans as to "how" to build, He gives me the necessary "jigs" to hold the material I'm working on with the power tools, ..He gives me the order of "how" I should precede with the build...

But it doesn't stop in my cabinet shop, the Holy Spirit teaches me as I open up the Word with Him, 1 John 2:27, ...He tells me which route to take as I go to work and cross town to avoid the traffic, He tells me what store to go to to buy the necessary materials I need, ...I'm also the maintenance man for 78 apartments, when I have a scheduled appointment to repair something in a apartment He tells me what tools I need to take, ...sometimes telling me to take a tool I "think" I won't need for the repair I need to make, and while there I find I need the "exact" tool He told me to bring.

I could go on and on, ...I could write books on how the Holy Spirit is alive "practically" in my life for all of these years, ...no bro, I'm one of many that proves the Philadelphian Church of Jesus is not dead, ...far from it!

Lord bless

I share your love of woodworking, as I have been doing that all my life. So I Understand what you are saying in that you are gifted with skills in that.

The Laodicean church age was Birthed by the move of the Holy Ghost in lives of True believers who had not succumbed to the textualism of the Philadelphian church. the Asuza St. revival being one of the foundations of this, which was a nondenominational move of God. So I am not saying there is no Holy Ghost in the Laodicean church age, actually contrary to that Holy Ghost is fully enmeshed in this church age, But so are all manner of false spirits. What was lost in the Laodicean church age was the gift of discernment as the reaction against textualism had the church react in the opposite direction away from strict doctrinality into more Spiritual experience as you are describing in your day to day life. 

this is similar to what I pointed out happened when the reformation happened with regard to the differentiation between the faithful and the saints, In Reacting to the false veneration and praying to the saints in the catholic church, Luther eliminated the whole distinguishing between them which in turn led to Calvinism which led to the reforms of Wesley spoken of is this post. The divisions remain as the error has never been corrected. The same is true of the Philadelphian church age they understood assurance by experience, which was that open door, But they lost this understanding when textualism replaced that experience with doctrine the ensuing Charismatic age replaced that experience with any experience devoid of the Truth.

thus what you write here proves to me that you are a Laodicean you just do not like to be associated with that "least" of the churches, But if you examine that letter in its entirety you will find they have the greatest reward for overcoming, for they have overcome as Christ Jesus overcame, No other church can claim that. They have overcome the same temptations Jesus overcame, the lust of the flesh the lust of the eyes and the pride of Life and they will be given the opportunity to give their testimony in a 3.5 year time of great tribulation just as Jesus ministry lasted 3.5 years... They also have the reward of the bride of Christ, while the other churches have rewards, the reward of the Laodicean is far more.  they will rule and reign with Christ for a thousand years. Although overcomers from all the other churches of the past will be part of the first resurrection others will not be brought back for that dispensation, they have eternal life, but not regeneration in this world. They will have rewards and offices but none as high as the this "least" of the churches. For example the overcomers of Thyatira, those who did not fall victim to the heresies and harlotry of Marianism in the Catholic church will rule with a Rod of Iron, the twelve disciples will Judge the twelve tribes of Israel, etc. take the time and explore those rewards...

What I am saying here is not something taught in the churches of men, and I did not learn it from the teachings of men but from the Holy Ghost. Your letter only proves to me you are a Laodicean not a Philadelphian.

What prevents you from acknowledging you Laodicean identity is the Stigma this church has had in past teachings, all of this plays a role in denial the Laodicean believer lives in and must overcome.

God Bless.  

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

10 minutes ago, dhchristian said:

The Laodicean church age was Birthed by the move of the Holy Ghost in lives of True believers who had not succumbed to the textualism of the Philadelphian church.

Scripture and verse?

And how would you prove your concept that a "Pentecostal" outpouring that occurred in one small area of California is an entire "church age" being "birthed", as you believe ?????.

How would you prove that this one revival that ended, is the "Laodicean church age" being manifested,?   Why not say the Pensacola Florida  "Brownsville" revival is the Church age being "manifested" as i was in that one...., or what about the revival that George loves....why can't that one be the "manifestation" of the Laodicean church age. ?

Prove that  "Aimee Semple Mcpherson" and her "revival"....=  brought in the "Laodicean Church Age".

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

4 hours ago, Behold said:

Lets deal with reality, vs a bumper sticker found in the '60s.

Reality of a persons intent comes from what someone does and says, not from what they want people to believe their intent is.  Matthew 12:34 "For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks." and John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.  By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.”-- these are not a bumper sticker but the words of Jesus.

Jesus once went into a Temple, and using a whip and his body, manifested anything but love to that group.

Yup, and they deserved it, but they are not His disciples, but religious people and money makers.

Lets listen now to Paul. 

Romans 12:18  """ If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men."""

Nobody is held responsible for the actions of another, just for their own actions.  If someone breaks the peace with another, they can either choose to react in kind, or follow the words of Paul and change the situation by walking away or reasoning with them. 

Now if you are bible believer and not a politically corrected person,  then lets look at what Paul is saying....."IF IT BE POSSIBLE".......as much as you CAN...... live preaceably with all men".

So, that is how it works in REAL Life.....  And when we are talking about getting along with people who twist the bible and harm new christians, then we are not to tolerate them doing THAT.... not ever.

Jude 1 says.....That their false gospel is not to be accepted,, and we are to "contend for the real faith".....and that is "justification by Faith".

Since you give no reference to what you are speaking against, but just making a public statement, I fully agree.  Now, looking back on the post you quoted, do you see any scripture that was incorrectly used?

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.33
  • Days Won:  3

41 minutes ago, OneLight said:

Nobody is held responsible for the actions of another,

Well that is not really true..

Just consider that Jesus The Christ was head accountable for the "actions" of us all.  = The  Cross.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

1 hour ago, Behold said:

Well that is not really true..

Just consider that Jesus The Christ was head accountable for the "actions" of us all.  = The  Cross.

Jesus took upon Himself the sins of the world.  Nobody put it on Him, He took upon Himself, so yes, it is true. 

To keep the topic in context, you are not held responsible if someone else does something wrong, they are.  You are held responsible for what you do.  (Using "you" as a general term)