• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  981
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  13,974
  • Content Per Day:  5.08
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  03/03/1885

Okay, for when  you are back fellowshipping and worshipping together having Lord's Supper, is the old way  of Lord's Supper memorial going to leave you feeling comfortable or not?

I am looking at the pre-packed individually sealed cups with wafer and juice as a possibility and wondering what do you think may work out to be comfortable?

Yes I know not all local bodies of Christ did Lord's supper/communion the same way. I am just wondering what about going forward in time what might make individuals  comfortable in their remembrance memorial?

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  0

that's a good question I think it will depend on how the pastorial staff handles the elements I think some churches will have to change the way they do things

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  1

Personally, ...while I understand the pre-packaged Communion elements are more convenient, ...I prefer the way my Church did Communion back in the States, ...plates were passed with a loaf of bread and each one "torn" off a piece for themselves, ...sure made, "This is my body, broken for you," ...more real and substantial, ...like the way Christ instituted Communion.

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.35
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

1 minute ago, JustPassingThru said:

Personally, ...while I understand the pre-packaged Communion elements are more convenient, ...I prefer the way my Church did Communion back in the States, ...plates were passed with a loaf of bread and each one "torn" off a piece for themselves, ...sure made, "This is my body, broken for you," ...more real and substantial, ...like the way Christ instituted Communion.

This has been our practice as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

Matthew 18:[20] For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them.

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  24
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,679
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  16

I'm more prone to wonder when we'll get rid of these stupid traditions designed to keep people in bondage and go back to a MEAL shared in communion and remembrance of His sacrifice.  Where do we see a RITUAL with a silly cracker and a plastic thimble of grape juice in the Word?  

For I received from the Lord that which I also delivered to you: that the Lord Jesus on the same night in which He was betrayed took bread; and when He had given thanks, He broke it and said, “Take, eat; this is My body which is broken for you; do this in remembrance of Me.” In the same manner He also took the cup after supper, saying, “This cup is the new covenant in My blood. This do, as often as you drink it, in remembrance of Me.”

For as often as you eat this bread and drink this cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death till He comes.

When are we going to get back to what is really important to Him?  Trying to figure out if pre-packaged or home made is somehow "holier" just ain't where it's at.  Koinoinia....common union....fellowship with His suffering and with each other IN Him....and a meal is a great way to do that....much of fellowship in the early church involved common meals... why not let go of this traditional nonsense and get back to pursuing what is important to Him...

Edited by Jostler
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Praying! 1

1 hour ago, Jostler said:

Trying to figure out if pre-packaged or home made is somehow "holier" just ain't where it's at

Nor was the subject about that.  Sorry you suffer such animosity, it does not serve you well..

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  649
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

FOR WITH OUT FAITH IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO PLEASE GOD.

In christ time they all drank from the same cup

And ate a piece of the same unleaven bread.

Also that same day Jesus laid a side his outer garmennt took a towel and washed the apostles feet and instructed that they do the same to one another.

As for covid19 what so ever is not of faith is sin.

Let every man be fully persuade in his own heart. If a believer's faith is weak don't take Lord supper.

If I then , your Lord and master, have washed your feet, ye also ought to wash one another's feet. For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. verily verily , I say unto you, The servant is not greater than he that sent him. If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.

Looking at the word ought

Strongs number g5534

usage :Ought 

Definition :it needs (must or necessary)be

1.it is necessary

2)it behooves

Edited by vic66

8 minutes ago, vic66 said:

If a believer's faith is weak don't take Lord supper.

Hi, while much  of the presentation is interesting and maybe enlightening, I can't agree with the above portion.