Keith

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

The devil can have no more of my family, nor will I let him gain anything else in my family. Not as long as I am breathing and praying.

The word is your weapon. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spiritual warfare is so different from anything we really understand. You are fighting something unseen.....yet this unseen manages to manifest in different ways physically in our lives. We can't use tools of man to fight this. We must use tools of God.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Demonic spirits DO seem like the terrorists ... :o

I believe the key to conquering any struggle or battle is to know the truth and to know what are lies so that you can put off the lies of Satan and put on the truth of God's word.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Funny how topics need to ruminate for awhile, isn't it? It sat dormant for awhile and now it blossoms. I'm very glad because I think spiritual warfare, and learning how to use the resources God's made available to us, is very important in today's society.

I'm going to admit that I haven't read the posts in here yet. :o I was just happy to see that others had that I wanted to post this first. ;)

Going to read them now.... ;)

Honestly, I am blessed and encouraged having read every single post! You are all wonderful brothers and sisters and my heart is full for you! ;)

To Willow: I'm standing with you for your family and your victory. You've had so much come against you and the Lord is surely pleased with you! May God grant you strength, wisdom and victory in His name over the struggles you are facing!

To Cats: Your fortitude and your love for the Lord is humbling to me. You know you're in my prayers. I have learned so much from you.

To other one: You are certainly the voice of experience. I appreciate you!

To Scodered201: You bring up an excellent point to remember -- praise is very much a part of spiritual warfare!

To Yomo: This is a very important topic to learn about. Knowing how to battle the enemy can prevent a lot of hardship. I hope you'll stick around and join in! You have a great heart for the Lord for one so young!

To Christ'sFreeServant: Your heart for doing what God would have you do is very encouraging! You lack the desire for the things of this world and seek after the things of God. What better path is there?

We all agree that knowing the Word and committing it to memory is vital. Going into battle without a weapon is foolish. I'm happy that Sandra mentioned praise, too! We have wonderful examples of this in the Bible, don't we?! It's part of taking our battle position!

Another very important thing that was mentioned is knowing who we are in Christ! Knowing what power, authority and inheritance we have received by becoming children of the King of Kings! I am almost done doing a study on this very topic that I will be posting in the Study Forum. It's essential to every Christian's spiritual walk. It's foundational. My prayer is that God will direct those who need to know who they are in Him to this study and that it will encourage them and glorify God.

I can't stress enough what I've been feeling in my spirit about having a solid foundation and knowing the Word. It's absolutely essential today!

P.S. Do you feel that fasting plays a part in spiritual warfare? If yes, how so? If not, why not?

When it comes to committing the Word to memory, how does everyone here do this? Maybe if we know each other's techniques, we might find that someone else is doing something that sounds like it would work for us! I'm all ears! ;)

I do it two different ways. When I'm reading the Word and come across a scripture that I would like to remember, I will read it over and over and try to commit it to memory that way. I believe the Holy Spirit can bring it to my rememberance when I need it.

Another thing I do is to write scriptures that I want to know very well on index cards and I will put them up around the house. I have some on my front door, in my cupboards and even one in my shower. (On the back wall, out of reach of the sprayer!) I repeat them and meditate on them when I see them. This has been extremely helpful for me.

Oh yeah! Another thing I do is keep a very large notebook. I have sections with scriptures for healing, for wisdom, for strength, for praise, for battle, etc.,

It is but Charles Stanley (In Touch Ministries, Atlanta, GA) said in one sermon that fasting can be by fasting food, commit to long periods of intercessory prayer and to fast sleep itself (he cited biblical verses to support this).

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  04/14/1977

I love Charles Stanley. And yes, fasting and prayer is important. There are some spiritual issues that can only be resolved this way.

Mark 9:25-29

25 When Jesus saw that the people came running together, He rebuked the unclean spirit, saying to it,

When it comes to committing the Word to memory, how does everyone here do this?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  04/14/1977

I think in parables, or even metaphors. If I hear a verse - I immediately go to, does this remind me of a story, or can I build a lesson from it? Sometimes if I can get a sense of the meaning (even if there are many levels to that) I can wrap my head around memorizing it. There are some verses you just can't do that with.....especially in Chronicles ;);)

The other thing is......I start with the parts of scripture I love. James, Ephesians, Proverbs, Philippians....etc....Going to those books is like coming home.....familiar. So I start with those. I will frequently sprinkle less familiar parts of scripture in there as well to keep things moving so to speak in my adventures through the bible. So I remind myself of the old ones I know, while I am learning the new ones. It's amazing, even reading a verse a few times...and I don't even think I have it committed to memory, the point was my eyes have feasted on it. God will bring it back to me, though I don't know where it was from. I get out my bible and concordance and low and behold.....I find it. I like those moments. When the Holy Spirit brings back to you a verse to aid you.