• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

10 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

A few days ago,I said I have never witnessed any one being saved...including my son.

For me I thought everyone recieved being born again as I did..had the same experience...I was wrong.....

When I became born again it blew my mind.....it was the most wonderful experience of my life....even childbirth.......I will never forget the evening I was born again..

Outstanding, Flowersun.
I don't think any believer would forget.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,726
  • Content Per Day:  2.88
  • Days Won:  5

1 minute ago, Flowersun said:

I spoke to my son last night,he believes that Jesus died for our sins....but he doesn't believe he is born again....surely he would he would know that..what do you think?

If he Believes the Gospel Of 1Cor15:1-4 That Jesus died for his sins and that He rose from the dead, your son is saved and so are you.End Of story.It is a Promise Of God . We are saved by Faith and Faith is Believing a Promise Of God. We simply take Him at His Word. Add to that Gospel  Of Pure Grace with anything that requires Human Merit and you will “ Fall from Grace.” Don’t “ try” to be Saved .....God will reject that. “ Trust” To be Saved......just remember the Song.....it's really True.....NOTHING BUT THE BLOOD....  

• Loved it! 1

42 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

I spoke to my son last night,he believes that Jesus died for our sins....but he doesn't believe he is born again....surely  he would know that..what do you think?

Not knowing his age, I would first tell him what you did, the scriptures that you received
to get the light to repent, that changed your thinking.
He has to change some of his 'faulty' thinking. Faith comes by hearing, hearing by the word. (you)
Look up (google) the Roman road on the internet..it gives all that is needed, and add your own.
Find out what he knows, and what he doesn't. Share with him what he lacks.
And pray pray pray 1st.

Got it for you;

The Romans Road Bible Verses

1. The Human Problem (Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, and Romans 6:23)

The first part of the Romans Road confirms the state of every human as sinful and the state of God as holy.

After establishing that “all have sinned,” the first half of Romans 6:23 explains the depth of this problem and its consequences.

“For the wages of sin is death…” (Romans 6:23a)

However, the second half of the verse hints at the hope sinners have for salvation through Jesus.

“…but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23b)

2. Humanity’s Hope in Christ (Romans 5:8)

The second part of the Romans Road further explains the hope we have in the love of God expressed through Christ.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

3. The Sinner’s Response (Romans 10:9-10 and Romans 10:13)

Once we understand our need for a savior and recognize that Jesus Christ is that savior, we can respond by moving along to the third part of the Romans Road, calling out to Jesus.

If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” (Romans 10:9-10)

This response is possible for everyone. Romans 10:13 expresses God’s ability to save everyone. (His intention to save everyone is further expressed in John 3:16-17)

For, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’” (Romans 10:13)

4. The Result of Salvation (Romans 5:1-2 and Romans 8:1)

The fourth part of the Romans Road mentions two results (peace and justification) after a sinner decides to declare and believe in their heart that Jesus Christ is Lord. Romans 5:1-2 explains that through faith in Jesus Christ, sinners can enjoy peace with God, no longer separated from holy God by sin.

“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.” (Romans 5:1-2)

Romans 8:1 rejoices in the result of salvation. Before faith in Christ, all who have sinned were condemned by their sin and destined for death. But now with faith in Christ, “there is no condemnation” (Romans 8:1) and believers are gifted eternal life with God (Romans 6:23).

“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,” (Romans 8:1)

I have marked these in my bible, with a note on  the first one where to go to the second, and from there where to get to the next etc.
God's word will not return void. He may not digest it at once, and the soil could be needing a little softening up first before the sowing.
Read them over a few times to be familiar, asking  God for wisdom. Pray...
He has such a great love for you Flowersun as His child. He knows the burden you have for yours.
Ask and you shall receive.......

PS edit

Some people are very demonstrative and excited.
Others are more unsure or reserved.
If you give scripture, and he believes them, ask him if there is any reason not to ask God to save him.

Here are samples you can ck out. Google 'the sinners prayer' and you can get an idea,
depending on your son's age. There are many to see, or use your own words.
This will be the best thing you will ever do for your child.
You will gain a brother..:)

fg.gif.f7f86f3a6032b8c03179d1e5a36e0add.gif

34b7be38154e0095922be1022d0ce3c9.jpg.82d98fe4265bcaac4ca6be1d82c83c19.jpg

47 minutes ago, Sower said:

Not knowing his age, I would first tell him what you did, the scriptures that you received
to get the light to repent, that changed your thinking.
He has to change some of his 'faulty' thinking. Faith comes by hearing, hearing by the word. (you)
Look up (google) the Roman road on the internet..it gives all that is needed, and add your own.
Find out what he knows, and what he doesn't. Share with him what he lacks.
And pray pray pray 1st.

Got it for you;

The Romans Road Bible Verses

1. The Human Problem (Romans 3:10, Romans 3:23, and Romans 6:23)

The first part of the Romans Road confirms the state of every human as sinful and the state of God as holy.

After establishing that “all have sinned,” the first half of Romans 6:23 explains the depth of this problem and its consequences.

“For the wages of sin is death…” (Romans 6:23a)

However, the second half of the verse hints at the hope sinners have for salvation through Jesus.

“…but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 6:23b)

2. Humanity’s Hope in Christ (Romans 5:8)

The second part of the Romans Road further explains the hope we have in the love of God expressed through Christ.

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” (Romans 5:8)

3. The Sinner’s Response (Romans 10:9-10 and Romans 10:13)

Once we understand our need for a savior and recognize that Jesus Christ is that savior, we can respond by moving along to the third part of the Romans Road, calling out to Jesus.

If you declare with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.” (Romans 10:9-10)

This response is possible for everyone. Romans 10:13 expresses God’s ability to save everyone. (His intention to save everyone is further expressed in John 3:16-17)

For, ‘Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.’” (Romans 10:13)

4. The Result of Salvation (Romans 5:1-2 and Romans 8:1)

The fourth part of the Romans Road mentions two results (peace and justification) after a sinner decides to declare and believe in their heart that Jesus Christ is Lord. Romans 5:1-2 explains that through faith in Jesus Christ, sinners can enjoy peace with God, no longer separated from holy God by sin.

“Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand.” (Romans 5:1-2)

Romans 8:1 rejoices in the result of salvation. Before faith in Christ, all who have sinned were condemned by their sin and destined for death. But now with faith in Christ, “there is no condemnation” (Romans 8:1) and believers are gifted eternal life with God (Romans 6:23).

“Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,” (Romans 8:1)

I have marked these in my bible, with a note on  the first one where to go to the second, and from there where to get to the next etc.
God's word will not return void. He may not digest it at once, and the soil could be needing a little softening up first before the sowing.
Read them over a few times to be familiar, asking  God for wisdom. Pray...
He has such a great love for you Flowersun as His child. He knows the burden you have for yours.
Ask and you shall receive.......

PS edit

Some people are very demonstrative and excited.
Others are more unsure or reserved.
If you give scripture, and he believes them, ask him if there is any reason not to ask God to save him.

Here are samples you can ck out. Google 'the sinners prayer' and you can get an idea,
depending on your son's age. There are many to see, or use your own words.
This will be the best thing you will ever do for your child.
You will gain a brother..:)

fg.gif.f7f86f3a6032b8c03179d1e5a36e0add.gif

34b7be38154e0095922be1022d0ce3c9.jpg.82d98fe4265bcaac4ca6be1d82c83c19.jpg

The second one is a False Gospel.... God requires no such “ Promise” or  “ Commitment”. Believing the Gospel is realizing what God did for us.....not what we do for God.These two things may sound good to the Carnal Mind, But they play NO part in Salvation.....if one thinks their “ commitment” , which is just a noble word for “Works” has Saved them or will Keep them Saved , they are trying to be the “ Co-Savior” and God will have nothing to do with that .......it ain’t what you “ do”...... it’s what  He did.....and your Faith  that what He did was All-Sufficient. That way , Jesus gets ALL of the Credit and you get what you deserve- None Of it!  Just the Way God wants it.....

The first one ain’t much better, now that I look at it..... “ Giving your life to Jesus” is a good thing to do— I’ve done it myself —- but that wise decision may come many years after you are Saved, as part of God transforming your life into the Image Of His Son— don’t try to blend Sanctification into the Gospel....it doesn’t fit

Edited by Blood Bought 1953

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,020
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,312
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

4 hours ago, Flowersun said:

I spoke to my son last night,he believes that Jesus died for our sins....but he doesn't believe he is born again....surely  he would know that..what do you think?

Some people come to Christ as a young person....they have genuine faith in the Lord and therefore are saved.    Others come to Christ, and sometimes have a tremendous experience with the Lord.

Do you think your son is comparing his lack of an experience with you having an experience?    Do you think that is the reason he might think he isn't born again?

So remind him....we aren't saved by experiences, but through our faith in Christ....what Christ did for us.

I prayed for the Lord to forgive me and to come into my heart/life in 1972.   Perhaps your son should pray to the Lord and settle this in his own heart....that he does believe.

• Brilliant! 1
  • Well Said! 1

32 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

God did not save me by believing scripture...I already know I am born again...how can I try to be saved..I have no idea what you are talking about.

Only the Holy Spirit can save me...which he did 28 yrs ago. Without scripture...he drew me to himself..his way...not mans way.

I was referring to your son and how you could both KNOW that he is saved.....yourself too! The Bible That you don’t read will tell you that God is going to inquire of you, when you stand before him— “ What did you Do about My Gospel?” If you would Read the Bible , like I have suggested, you might know these valuable things....It is like I told you.....if you not become a good Student Of The Bible and learn how to “ rightly divide” it.....you just hurt yourself, and by extension, maybe your son.You should know the Bible well enough to teach him about it ....Do it to help him.....don’t  let him flounder around with a mish- mash of Bible Ignorance.....like 90% of the Church World....

• Well Said! 2

29 minutes ago, Flowersun said:

The bible that I don't read?

I already know the bible well enough...I am very careful who i listen to....you are standing in judgement of others....my advice..be very careful.

If you would Read your Bible you would know that Christians are SUPPOSED to judge other Christians. We are not to judge “ The World” — that is God’s Job ....

You have said on several occasions that you don’t need to read the Bible.....that is why I keep harping on it.....you hurt YOURSELF!  I just informed you of something you never knew before .....proving my point....you seem to believe that a Walk Of Faith Without studying the Bible is a virtue....an accomplishment to be proud of......it is not....Do as you wish....and continue to be embarrassed by the stuff you  got wrong.....I won’t lose any sleep over it.....I am trying to give you great advice, that’s all....

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Blood Bought 1953 said:

The second one is a False Gospel.... God requires no such “ Promise” or  “ Commitment”. Believing the Gospel is realizing what God did for us.....not what we do for God.These two things may sound good to the Carnal Mind, But they play NO part in Salvation.....if one thinks their “ commitment” , which is just a noble word for “Works” has Saved them or will Keep them Saved , they are trying to be the “ Co-Savior” and God will have nothing to do with that .......it ain’t what you “ do”...... it’s what  He did.....and your Faith  that what He did was All-Sufficient. That way , Jesus gets ALL of the Credit and you get what you deserve- None Of it!  Just the Way God wants it.....

The first one ain’t much better, now that I look at it..... “ Giving your life to Jesus” is a good thing to do— I’ve done it myself —- but that wise decision may come many years after you are Saved, as part of God transforming your life into the Image Of His Son— don’t try to blend Sanctification into the Gospel....it doesn’t fit

`It's kinda hard sometimes on this forum to share scripture and experiences without stepping on a land mine.........default_cool2.gif.b140708c9bc539bfec0eeb8e858f10da.gif
Was trying to help another member concerned that her son did not believe he was born again.
This member admits to her salvation was not through hearing the word.
I gave the word, the simple Romans road scripture, and later some examples to ask commitment if desired.
It was an example of what a seeker might think/say to proclaim belief.
Wasn't meant to be a substitute for scripture.
Though my wife does, I personally do not press for a decision of belief when witnessing.
I plant the seed, and leave the results with God.
Would you Blood mind giving your own testimony what you would ask/say to a seeking sinner,
and any thing you would ask or say to insure their fully understanding of what they have heard.
I understand how a proclaimed promise would be misconstrued as part of the 'package' for salvation.
Yes to your statement, God does not require a promise in His gospel. Only true belief.
I did not think this needed to be pointed out.
Thanks for you help.......

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,979
  • Content Per Day:  0.98

For me personally, when I was "born again," my pastor advised me to read through the Word in a year with a daily Bible Reading plan, ...I found it too limiting, so I devoured the Bible, ...I had my Bible with me wherever I went and any free time I read from it.

Then as I grew in the Grace and the Knowledge of my Lord I began to slow down and started to study the Word, ...to the point now, I can study just one word and how the Holy Spirit uses it throughout His Book.

I heard a pastor explain our need for daily reading the Word like this, ...It's like a train leaving the station, the firebox is stoked with wood and the boiler is at maximum pressure, ...then the fire is no longer stoked, ...but the steam in the boiler keeps moving the train down the tracks, ...however, ...gradually, ...little by little the train is slowing down, ...until it is dead on the tracks.

It's like that with a child of God, at first we read and read His Word and He is talking to us, but then we start to miss our time with Him in His Word and like the train, we are running on the steam that is stored in the boiler, ...but then we wake up and realize we are no longer hearing Father speaking to us, ...we try to use what He said to us previously, ...but that was for yesterday, ...just like the wood in the fire box was for the miles the train has already journeyed, ...we lose our joy, our peace, our faith and finally, just like the fire has gone out in the firebox, ...we have extinguished ourselves, ...the voice of God in our lives.  1 Cor 5:19

It's a process, ...first we "resist" what the  Holy Spirit is teaching us through His Word, ...we don't want to "believe" it's true so we listen to someone that teaches us what we want to hear with our "itching" ears, ...that in turn "grieves" the Holy Spirit, ...why would we chose to listen to some sinful, mortal man rather than Him, ...so when we do pick up the Word the Holy Spirit leads us back to what He previously said, ...it's our personal Kadesh Barnea,  so if we continue  to refuse "listening" to what He is teaching us, ...we extinguish the Faith of/in God in our lives, ...and He allows us to wander around in the Wilderness, ...still taking care of are "basic" needs, and we read how that story ended, ...BUT, ...the Holy Spirit gives us, His Church, ...a second chance:

...while it is said, "Today if you will hear His voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation."  Heb 3:15

How do we "reignite" the Holy Spirit teaching us, ...go back to our personal Kadesh Barnea, ...that verse the Holy Spirit gave to us to obey, ...and obey!

Lord bless

8 hours ago, Sower said:

`It's kinda hard sometimes on this forum to share scripture and experiences without stepping on a land mine.........default_cool2.gif.b140708c9bc539bfec0eeb8e858f10da.gif
Was trying to help another member concerned that her son did not believe he was born again.
This member admits to her salvation was not through hearing the word.
I gave the word, the simple Romans road scripture, and later some examples to ask commitment if desired.
It was an example of what a seeker might think/say to proclaim belief.
Wasn't meant to be a substitute for scripture.
Though my wife does, I personally do not press for a decision of belief when witnessing.
I plant the seed, and leave the results with God.
Would you Blood mind giving your own testimony what you would ask/say to a seeking sinner,
and any thing you would ask or say to insure their fully understanding of what they have heard.
I understand how a proclaimed promise would be misconstrued as part of the 'package' for salvation.
Yes to your statement, God does not require a promise in His gospel. Only true belief.
I did not think this needed to be pointed out.
Thanks for you help.......

I would tell them the same thing I told my very young Daughter , many years ago .... “ Anybody That Asks to be Saved WILL be Saved.”  Another favorite is to tell them to do like the “ Justified” Tax  Collector did—- say from the Heart...  “Lord , have mercy on me a Sinner”

My anchor is 1Cor15:1-4......Paul’s Gospel......a Promise from Jesus that if you simply Believe that Jesus  died for your Sins and Rose from the Dead, you will be Saved......Nothing But The Blood for Salvation....

• Loved it! 1