Relationship with family

• Group:  Newbie
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I am 37 Years old and i am follower of Jesus Christ, what goes in my home is my father who is hindu hates his father, me and my father and grandfather lives together, my grandpa is 96 but my father hates him and keeps whinning all day to my mom and listening it just hurts me alot and makes me angry, i have told him alot of times not to do this to his father but he doesnt listen i keep listening complains and i feel very angry toward my father i gave explained him peacefully i told him is sin you are doing , and even after trying not to hate my father i become angry whenever i listen his whinning, the old guy is like child he must understand it and care for him in last days i told my father u will go to hell if u keep doing this but he doesnt care. I love my father but this behaviour of him makes me hate him , what to do i cant see it daily happening i am fed up!

• Praying! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,625
  • Content Per Day:  0.79
  • Days Won:  1

Shalom @ashwin2020

That's quiye a tricky situation that you are in. 

If your father refuses to see sense, then perhaps you can lead by example and show more love and tolerance for your grandfather. This may perhaps shame your father into reassessing his position. 

But the most important thing for you is to not start hating him. Avoid this at all costs.  Break down that wall before it gets built, as one day you might find yourself acting like he does today. 

Understand that your father's threshold of care and tolerance is lower than yours and have sympathy towards him because of that. 

Again, try to lead by example rather than use threatening words about hell, as this won't improve the situation. He must act out of love, not fear. 

Finally, pray, pray and pray for your father. You'll be surprised how Yahweh can change the heart. And who knows, maybe that's exactly what Yahweh wants in this situation -for you to put it in His hands entirely. 

Love & Shalom 

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  38
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  8,700
  • Content Per Day:  3.89
  • Days Won:  64

Praying for you.  Love even your enemies Jesus said.  It's hard situation for sure.  Keep praying as Tze said is great.  Also, share the gospel with your grandfather as he is very old. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  211
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 5/23/2020 at 1:55 AM, Tzephanyahu said:

Finally, pray, pray and pray for your father. You'll be surprised how Yahweh can change the heart. And who knows, maybe that's exactly what Yahweh wants in this situation -for you to put it in His hands entirely. 

Love & Shalom 

Amen and amen. It is God, Himself, Who draws people to Jesus as Savior. We simply share what He is to us, and the Spirit of YHWH (God) does the rest! Shalom.

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,300
  • Content Per Day:  1.71
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/23/2020 at 6:47 AM, ashwin2020 said:

I am 37 Years old and i am follower of Jesus Christ, what goes in my home is my father who is hindu hates his father, me and my father and grandfather lives together, my grandpa is 96 but my father hates him and keeps whinning all day to my mom and listening it just hurts me alot and makes me angry, i have told him alot of times not to do this to his father but he doesnt listen i keep listening complains and i feel very angry toward my father i gave explained him peacefully i told him is sin you are doing , and even after trying not to hate my father i become angry whenever i listen his whinning, the old guy is like child he must understand it and care for him in last days i told my father u will go to hell if u keep doing this but he doesnt care. I love my father but this behaviour of him makes me hate him , what to do i cant see it daily happening i am fed up!

Just two points. Heaven is dependant on being a Christian.

Second all you can do is demonstrated Christian love in action to your Grandfather, to your Father and to your Mother.

Show them the sacrifical love of Jesus in how you act and care and serve them.

Show them also by your words and pray for them, that they might see and listen and understand and be saved.