Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,027
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,365
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

There is a knowing of Jesus that resides deep within.   It is more than a head knowledge about the Lord.   Following is a devotional by A.B. Simpson on this subject....

Better to know Jesus Himself than to know the truth about Him, for the deep things of God are revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. Paul's great desire was, that I may know him. Not just know about Him, or the mysteries of the wonderful world, or even the deeper and higher teachings of God, but to enter into the Holy of Holies where Christ is, where the Shekinah is shining, making the place glorious with the holiness of God. it is to enter into the secret of the Lord Himself.

it was what Jacob strove for at Peniel when he pleaded with God. God has given us he light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ (2 Corinthians 4:6). That is the secret. It is the Lord Himself, and nothing else; it is acquaintance with God; it is knowing Jesus Christ as we know no one else.

It is being able to say not only "I believe Him, but "I know Him. "It is being able to say not only "I know about Him," but "I know Him." That is the secret above all others that God wants us to have; it is His provision for glory and power, and it is given freely to the single-hearted seeker.

Scripture

That I may know him Philippians 3:10

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1
  • Thanks 1

• Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,027
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,365
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

5 minutes ago, Addy said:

@Debp  What is the name of the devotional you have been posting about these last few days ? ( maybe you have been doing it longer but I have just noticed ). I have used a devotional in the past and scribed it via email to my best friend for a period of 4 years.... it's called Jesus Calling.. by Sarah Young.  The first two years we did Jesus Calling and then we decided to try the second one... Jesus Always... and I also got Jesus Lives... which is a companion book to Jesus Calling.

These are beautiful devotions you are posting... THANK you.

Tenderly... Addy

It's called Days of Heaven on Earth by A.B. Simpson.   The old time pastors have alot of insight.   He was a Christian and Missionary Alliance pastor.

https://www.cmalliance.org/devotions/simpson?mmdd=0525

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,269
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

10 hours ago, Debp said:

There is a knowing of Jesus that resides deep within.   It is more than a head knowledge about the Lord.   Following is a devotional by A.B. Simpson on this subject....

Better to know Jesus Himself than to know the truth about Him, for the deep things of God are revealed to us by the Holy Spirit. Paul's great desire was, that I may know him.

I believe every one must be born of the spirit in order to 'know' Jesus.
And then it takes time, going through life's daily struggles and victories.
I was dead to Christ and alive to sin before I received by grace my savior.
I am now indwelt with the spirit of God.
I talk to God through the indwelling spirit of God.
He even takes my prayers that I do not know how to pray.
I can be myself with very few good friends.
And now, I think I understand why he calls me friend.
He talks to me through his word.
I begin to know some of him.
God is light. He cannot lie. His word, his promises, are true. All of them.

"Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.
He that loveth not
knoweth not God; for God is love" 
1 John 4

I believe to know, really know Jesus, is to earnestly desire to do his will.  If you love me ........
To actually be able (abiding) to love one other as He does.
He wants us to be/think/feel/love just like him.
Understanding this kind of love He has for us/others gives me my best understanding/knowing Jesus.
When I think of someone really dear to me, I sometimes despair of losing them some day.
I realize God's love is so much more, for  God 'is' love.
I do not think I will ever 'know' Jesus 'that much'. Yet.

"I no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business.
Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have
made known to you"

John 15:15

To know;  Gen_4:1  "And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived"

They became one...
I abide in Christ. Christ lives in me. Not I but Christ.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Wow..so very dear to my heart. I was just talking to Him about this last night. He has and does so much for those that know nothing what so ever about Him. Some things come to mind.. a song.. what do I know of holy "If You touched my face would I know You, Looked into my eyes could I behold You?". Were all different.. we see things differently praise GOD for that. I am so humbled by all..... wow everything He does. Not being anything but me. When life has been hard.. you tend to be happy with anything you have. So I tell Him. I will take anything you give but I'm not in this for a reward.. not looking for some home in heaven. Not boasting.. but you know its like some times He gives you this TASTE to which there is no end.. you now have this hunger you can't feed. So I have this hunger to just KNOW Him.  That man that had such compassion.. that man that took so much pain for me.... and still says Father forgive them. Made me a joint heir with Him. This God that is so freely giving me anything asking for nothing. See I believe anyone that He finds.. are not so IN LOVE with Him. How can you love someone you don't know? So every lasting life is for all that believe How why He came and died buried rose is the only way to the Father. He asked for nothing. Granted the closer you get to Him you see YOU for what YOU really are and at first its "sorry sorry sorry forgive me forgive me"... He? Thats why  I died. I like what the Muslim man said once.

The story (forgive me for going on so long) I heard when he first said it.. and then 30 some years later. And when he gets to one part of the story.... he can never stop crying. So beautiful. Short is.. in prison praying for a week to have ALLAH answer. And he was preaching Allah to all around him. But ALLAH.... never showed up. Something did.. he said someone in white.. with holes in his hands. And that light said.. I am the way the truth and the life. The man said ..that means nothing to me. He said.. I am Jesus. Christ.. heres the song "what do I know of holy".. anyway.. the man said.. he just shot to the corner and kept saying sorry sorry forgive me.  Jesus said as He put His hand on him.. I forgive you. Christ asked him "how easy was it for me to say I forgive you? Tthe man said from where he comes from ..its like drinking water. Then Christ showed him all these people over the world.. evil wicked and asked him  "whos going to tell them?"

When songs play i moments like this.. I take it as Him speaking. Like the one playing now.. what are the oods "drops in the ocean" Hawk Nelson. If you want to see how much you mean to me look at my hands look at my side." I have at this point forgot what this post was about..forgive me lol.

• Loved it! 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0

interesting perspectives :)