• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

2 hours ago, Jayne said:

Fire had been set in the church basement

I have looked and I have not found anything to back this up. Anything saying that the church was on fire or going to be on fire. The bishop nor anyone else has said anything about this. The only thing I heard the bishop say was that protesters were taking shelter at the church from the heat or the day. And that she was passing out water to them. Or something like that.    If you have some link pointing to   the church being in danger. Please post.  I try to be as fair and honest as I can be with my post. Regardless of how I personally feel about a political  leader. I will keep looking to see if I can find any info on the church being in danger. 

Edited by LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

8 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

I have looked and I have not found anything to back this up. Anything saying that the church was on fire or going to be on fire. The bishop nor anyone else has said anything about this. The only thing I heard the bishop say was that protesters were taking shelter at the church from the heat or the day. And that she was passing out water to them. Or something like that.    If you have some link pointing to   the church being in danger. Please post.  I try to be as fair and honest as I can be with my post. Regardless of how I personally feel about a political  leader. I will keep looking to see if I can find any info on the church being in danger. 

https://www.today.com/news/look-damage-inside-historic-st-john-s-church-washington-dc-t182954

Pictures and video with church basement/nursery on fire.  

27 minutes ago, Jayne said:

https://www.today.com/news/look-damage-inside-historic-st-john-s-church-washington-dc-t182954

Pictures and video with church basement/nursery on fire.  

Thank you for posting the link and informing me about this information. I will take some time to look more into this. 

My apologies. It is not right for me to argue on this matter. I ask for what people think and people responded with what they think.  It is not right for me to try to change what people think when it was me asking the question "what do you think" to begain with. So from here on out. I will sit back and read replies without comment unless I am ask to comment.  Thank You and God Bless. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

5 hours ago, LadyKay said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867532070/trumps-unannounced-church-visit-angers-church-officials    Peaceful Protesters Tear-Gassed To Clear Way For Trump Church Photo-Op

A former St. John's minister, Gini Gerbasi, was among those attending to the protesters in front of the church when the police moved in.  "We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she wrote in a Facebook post. "PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT [President Trump] COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!"

Thank you LadyKay.  Pepper balls and smoke grenades I agree with, but even CNN states no tear gas, but how pepper balls and smoke grenades have similar effects.  Either way, it was a stunt not needed.  One reason why politics is a subject I try to stay away from.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  1,214
  • Content Per Day:  0.50
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/5/2020 at 4:54 AM, other one said:

there was a 7pm curfew and about 7:10 or so, they cleared the park using smoke not tear gas....  it was after that, that the president who was upset because they had tried to burn the church that he wanted to send the message they were not going to be able to shut down the church.     if he did anything wrong it would have been to be out after the curfew had started.  It is my understanding from acquaintances who know that it really spooked his security team.  they told him he couldn't do that and he simply asked if they were coming or not

the president was standing up for the church, the bible and god.....    and it is a shame good Christians cant see past their hate to understand that.

so you mean the whole dispersing of the protesters happened at around 7 10 pm in the evening?

i just watched this ABC news video where the reporter claims it happened at about 25 minutes before 7 pm.

anyway in the video, it looks like it happened in broad daylight, it did not even looked like the sun was about to set.

i mean i have never been to Washington DC during summer time, but does the city still look that bright during 7 10 pm in the evening?

Edited by Equippers

On 6/5/2020 at 4:18 AM, Sparks said:

The police and National Guard didn't fire upon peaceful protesters.   They did defend themselves when the 'peaceful protestors' threw frozen water bottles and bricks at them, though, but no rubber bullets or tear gas.  Press secretary Kayleigh McEnany explained this in a press meeting.

The key to seeing when the media is lying is when they cannot produce footage of their story.  If you see a video with Trump holding his Bible and under the footage, some news anchor is verbally lying, that's not evidence that it happened.    

If you wonder why the media is lying so much lately, research the repeal of the Smith-Mundt act, in 2012.  This repeal allows the media and government to make up anything they want, as propaganda.  The Smith-Mundt act was used to protect Americans from propaganda, but no more.

i just watched this ABC news video, in the footage, i can hear a big boom sound and then follow that there were smokes in the background. Interestingly enough, the reporter did not say anything about rubber bullets, only tear gas.

though i have to say i remember i was watching Al Jazeera, where the anchor claims the police used rubber bullets as well (just based on my memory. i could remember it wrong)

i have came across this article below from Reuters that made the same claim, ie both tear gas and rubber bullets.

https://www.reuters.com/news/picture/protesters-cleared-by-tear-gas-and-rubbe-idUSRTS3A3OO

in the first photo that accompanies the article, it also showed smokes.

anyway, there appears to be contradiction with those three news sources in terms of whether rubber bullets were used, which i find interesting.

i do agree with that the liberal media can't be trusted, but then again, that applies to conservative media as well.

I also don't fully trust the Trump administration.

i don't know, so for me it is a case of he says, she says.

On 6/5/2020 at 5:05 AM, LadyKay said:

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867532070/trumps-unannounced-church-visit-angers-church-officials    Peaceful Protesters Tear-Gassed To Clear Way For Trump Church Photo-Op

A former St. John's minister, Gini Gerbasi, was among those attending to the protesters in front of the church when the police moved in.  "We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she wrote in a Facebook post. "PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT [President Trump] COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!"

to be honest, when i read that it is a minister who said this, i kind wondered whether this person is a genuinely born again Christian, or merely religious, or worse still, one of those liberal ministers who does not interpret the Scriptures literally.....

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

9 hours ago, Equippers said:

anyway, there appears to be contradiction with those three news sources in terms of whether rubber bullets were used, which i find interesting.

I think there may have been two events in the same location which the media conflates.   One was at night with actual rioters in which they torched a church, and the other event was the next morning in which AG Barr ordered the parameter be expanded by one block.

Night events typically have professional rioters paid to do damage and who are bused in from out of state.  Some say they are George Soros funded groups like ANTIFA, Black Lives Matter (BLM is not a civil rights group) and some anarchists.   The day brings the more peaceful protestors who are not a part of the night groups.

What the media lacks is precise footage.  If the footage exists among people with phone videos or the professional reporters on the ground, it does not seem to have surfaced. 

On 6/7/2020 at 3:36 AM, Equippers said:

to be honest, when i read that it is a minister who said this, i kind wondered whether this person is a genuinely born again Christian, or merely religious, or worse still, one of those liberal ministers who does not interpret the Scriptures literally.....

No debate here. But I just wonder why you are questioning if the minister is a real Christian or not? I read what he said, and I don't think I see anything that would cause me to bring his faith into question. Maybe you are seeing something I am not see though?