LadyKay

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

So....what are your thoughts about Trump having peaceful protesters fired upon so that he could walk over to a church that he dose not even attend and hold up a Bible for a photo shoot?  

I will comment more on this later depending on what gets said in the comments.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,792
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

@LadyKay  I always find it interesting those who claim to "read the Bible" ... will defend those practices which are condemn within the Bible ... the last few days of politicians have been claiming to read the Bible, that actually don't truly know what the Bible says.  :) 

• Well Said! 1

Wow. Nobody is touching this one except for you @George     

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,792
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Honestly, I believe most believers are like me in this sense ... we realize our kingdom is not of this world ... we realize that none of the world's woes will be fixed by politics, however we are to speak life into this current fallen system.  We realize that Kings are established by God .. for HIS PURPOSES ... so we do not speak negatively of any leader, but simply do as we are commanded to pray for all those involved.

When it is time to vote, then we should take our civic duty to vote.  

Many would agree that any platform that supports the murder of unborn children is completely contrary to the Bible.  God is the giver of LIFE ... and to say that God supports abortion ... is the antithesis of who God is.    When the Bible describes who is a murderer from the beginning [John 8:44 You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. ] then you realize that this is a subject that many believe, along with myself, one cannot compromise with.

The things that God hates ...

Pro 6:16-19  There are six things that the LORD hates, seven that are an abomination to him:   haughty eyes, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, a heart that devises wicked plans, feet that make haste to run to evil,  a false witness who breathes out lies, and one who sows discord among brothers. 

So many are in the situation I am in ... we recognize we live in a fallen world, surrounded by a political system collapsing.  But this is a sign of the times ... the world has to be in such disarray ... that the one -- the AntiChrist comes on the scenes ... he will look as if he is an angel of light ... the standard is being set so LOW now ... it's easy to see how this could take place!

The question is -- Are we ready to see JESUS?  This is the question we should be focused on ... if so, then are we ready to share the fact that His return is SOON!

Be blessed,

George

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  6,159
  • Content Per Day:  2.03
  • Days Won:  8

22 hours ago, LadyKay said:

So....what are your thoughts about Trump having peaceful protesters fired upon so that he could walk over to a church that he dose not even attend and hold up a Bible for a photo shoot? 

The police and National Guard didn't fire upon peaceful protesters.   They did defend themselves when the 'peaceful protestors' threw frozen water bottles and bricks at them, though, but no rubber bullets or tear gas.  Press secretary Kayleigh McEnany explained this in a press meeting.

The key to seeing when the media is lying is when they cannot produce footage of their story.  If you see a video with Trump holding his Bible and under the footage, some news anchor is verbally lying, that's not evidence that it happened.    

If you wonder why the media is lying so much lately, research the repeal of the Smith-Mundt act, in 2012.  This repeal allows the media and government to make up anything they want, as propaganda.  The Smith-Mundt act was used to protect Americans from propaganda, but no more.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.22
  • Days Won:  115

21 hours ago, LadyKay said:

May I ask where you have found that Trump "fired upon" protestors?  Are you speaking bullets here, gas, what? 

As for the"photo op", show me any president within the past 60 years that didn't do a photo op.  They all are politicians and need to be seen in the best light possible to be held in the highest regard possible for them.

Trump holding a bible was kind of weird to me as I have a hard time seeing him live his life for Christ.  Trump may seem to be on the side of faith based living, but we have not seen the last of what he will do to really believe he is for God or not.  Time will tell.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

there was a 7pm curfew and about 7:10 or so, they cleared the park using smoke not tear gas....  it was after that, that the president who was upset because they had tried to burn the church that he wanted to send the message they were not going to be able to shut down the church.     if he did anything wrong it would have been to be out after the curfew had started.  It is my understanding from acquaintances who know that it really spooked his security team.  they told him he couldn't do that and he simply asked if they were coming or not

the president was standing up for the church, the bible and god.....    and it is a shame good Christians cant see past their hate to understand that.

• Praise God! 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  108
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,824
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  2

22 hours ago, LadyKay said:

St. John's is the "church of the presidents".  There is a pew reserved for any sitting president every Sunday - for over 200 years.  No, there isn't always one there, but Trump has been there before.

As a lot of his comments and actions go - there could be more finesse, but what he did was important in my opinion.  Fire had been set in the church basement and his point was that this church was not going to be destroyed by people who don't care about anything but destruction.

38 minutes ago, OneLight said:

May I ask where you have found that Trump "fired upon" protestors?  Are you speaking bullets here, gas, what? 

As for the"photo op", show me any president within the past 60 years that didn't do a photo op.  They all are politicians and need to be seen in the best light possible to be held in the highest regard possible for them.

Trump holding a bible was kind of weird to me as I have a hard time seeing him live his life for Christ.  Trump may seem to be on the side of faith based living, but we have not seen the last of what he will do to really believe he is for God or not.  Time will tell.

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/01/867532070/trumps-unannounced-church-visit-angers-church-officials    Peaceful Protesters Tear-Gassed To Clear Way For Trump Church Photo-Op

A former St. John's minister, Gini Gerbasi, was among those attending to the protesters in front of the church when the police moved in.  "We were literally DRIVEN OFF of the St. John's, Lafayette Square patio with tear gas and concussion grenades and police in full riot gear," she wrote in a Facebook post. "PEOPLE WERE HURT SO THAT [President Trump] COULD HAVE A PHOTO OPPORTUNITY IN FRONT OF THE CHURCH!!! HE WOULD HAVE HAD TO STEP OVER THE MEDICAL SUPPLIES WE LEFT BEHIND BECAUSE WE WERE BEING TEAR GASSED!!!!"

43 minutes ago, other one said:

there was a 7pm curfew and about 7:10 or so, they cleared the park using smoke not tear gas....  it was after that, that the president who was upset because they had tried to burn the church that he wanted to send the message they were not going to be able to shut down the church.     if he did anything wrong it would have been to be out after the curfew had started.  It is my understanding from acquaintances who know that it really spooked his security team.  they told him he couldn't do that and he simply asked if they were coming or not

the president was standing up for the church, the bible and god.....    and it is a shame good Christians cant see past their hate to understand that.

So then it is my understand that the bishop (Bishop Mariann Edgar Budde of the Episcopal Diocese of Washington ) must be lying then. And all the other witness that were there must be  lying as well. Along with the former St. John minister. 

Also this took place 25 minutes before the curfew.    Unless Muriel Bowser the mayor of the District of Columbia is lying as well.  I have read no reports on anything saying that anyone was trying to burn down the church. I would think that for safety reason they would not have allowed the president to go stand in front of a church that was about to be burned. 

I imposed a curfew at 7pm. A full 25 minutes before the curfew & w/o provocation, federal police used munitions on peaceful protestors in front of the White House, an act that will make the job of @DCPoliceDept officers more difficult. Shameful!