IGNORED

Where do you feel the Holy Spirit in your body?

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Does the bible say anything about the Holy Spirit working through certain parts of the body? Eg some people might feel the holy spirt in their hands while praying for someone. Are there any verses about things like this?

Thanks?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  1,048
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

2 THESSALONIANS 2:8  and then shall that wicked be revealed whom  THE  LORD  shall consume with the spirit of  HIS  mouth and shall destroy with the brightness of  HIS  coming 

JOHN 6:63  it is the spirit that quickeneth the flesh profiteth nothing the words that I speak unto you they are spirit and they are life 

ROMANS 8:5  for they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh but they that are after the spirit the things of the spirit

EPHESIANS 4:23  and be renewed in the spirit of your mind 

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

12 hours ago, Open7 said:

Does the bible say anything about the Holy Spirit working through certain parts of the body? Eg some people might feel the holy spirt in their hands while praying for someone. Are there any verses about things like this?

Thanks?

So I looked through the other posts, just out of curiosity, but honestly the answer is no.

That doesn't mean people can't feel things.  Sure they can.

But no, there is no "you will feel something in your fingers" in the Bible.

So I know some Christians who claimed they could feel something, and I know other Christians that never felt anything ever.

Now I will say this, only because it's been my experience.

I am skeptical of people who say they can feel something, or hear the holy spirit whisper.

And the reason why, is because a large number of times that I meet people who claim they can feel, or sense, or hear, the holy spirit in their lives..... their lives have been wrecks.

I'll just give you one example.  Had a lady, nice lady, friendly smiley lady... claim that she could hear the holy spirit.  She told me once, she was walking through the park, and saw a butterfly, and she heard a voice say "I can take care of this butterfly, and I can take care of you".

Now, lets review this ladies life.  She was hooked on drugs for a long time, married to a physically abusive husband, finally got divorce, got fired from her job, lost her house, was 400 lbs, ate food while watching biggest loser and cried she wanted to be like them, and got fired from another job because she was taking naps in the restrooms at work, was getting kicked out of her apartment, and then because she ate chocolate cake and cookies and snack foods constantly, ended up with diabetes.

But she could hear the holy spirit.

Now I don't know what your view on this is, but if you have such a close connection with the Lord, that you can hear him talking, why can't you hold a job, or put the cookies down so you don't end up with diabetes, or save up $100 so you have money when your car breaks down?

She did that to me all the time.  Spend every penny she had, and then ask for money when she has no cash for a broken headlight, or even just gasoline.

Now I'm not going to say that everyone who feels or hears something is making it up.  But I am just being open and honest with you, that I am skeptical of it.

The people I know that truly live out their lives, in bold Christian fashion... lives that if I could choose to live another persons life, it would be their lives... those people never say they heard, or felt a tingle in their fingers.

Now if G-d gives you an amazing experience, praise G-d.    But most Christians live out their life with full faith, and praise G-d for everything good thing, without any super natural events.

Actually, I just now remembered something I forgot.  Years ago I was in a study group, with the pastor of an another Church, and he explained the reason he left the prior church, was specifically because they taught you could hear and feel the holy spirit.  They left that church because all it did was make him feel like he was a terrible Christian, because he was living out all the truths of the Bible... yet he wasn't having these super duper experiences, and thus was a bad Christian.  So he left, and end up pastor of a different church.

So.... there's that.  Man, that was a trip in memory lane from 20 years ago.

Anyway.  Hope that helps.  Remember, just opinion based on experience.  I'm not a theologian or something.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

sometimes, when in grief or deep sorrow or troubled then I pray and feel a warmth and glow inside like the Holy Spirit is comforting me and filling me with His love.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,028
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

14 hours ago, Open7 said:

Thanks?

When John the apostle was asked to eat the book it was sweet in the mouth and biter in the belly. I wouldn't say that was the Holy Spirit but human reaction to the work of the Holy Spirit thru the Word. When I'm reading the bible there are moments of sweet clarity and I know God is speaking to my heart but I'm not sure I can attribute that feeling to God but rather my human response to God dealing with me. Again I'm not sure.

The phrase, "Intellect is a great servant but bad master, and emotions are a good servant yet lethal master." Is a good one I think of often.. Our age has produced feelings as the ultimate litmus for truth and we are reaping the benefits. Flip on the news. Some ancient cultures taught the elite and traditionally the people to master their emotions for good reason but we are loosing our senses in the west. 

God said "Come let us reason together." Feelings are part of being human and God created us in His image, so we love and have emotion, but the fruit of the Spirit is self control. Feelings are wonderful and biter, being all part of the human experience but truth is constant and the work of the Holy Spirit is to bring us into all truth. "Sweet in the mouth and biter in the belly."

So I admit I've wanted to feel God and pondered the same question and it's a good one. But that clarity of understanding that brings those feelings is proof to me God is working in my life. Emotions are easily manipulated but truth will help us stand no matter what wind may blow. Read Martyrs Mirror.

Just my two cents worth.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  116
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

Thanks for your help guys. I’m about to start a study in the New Testament so il look out for this as I go

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.53
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 6/5/2020 at 11:32 PM, Open7 said:

Thanks?

The Holy Spirit is a Spirit and therefore not connected with our emotions.  He is in us to guide us into all truth - that is, to make the Bible clear and understandable to us.

We may have joy and a sense of amazement when He reveals some aspect of Scripture that we have never seen before, which causes us to want to rejoice and praise God for it.  Any emotion we have is the result of something that has happened as the result of the moving of the Holy Spirit either in us or in someone else when we have ministered to them or encouraged them in some way;  but it is not directly the Holy Spirit, but our own resulting emotions.

We believe we have the Holy Spirit through faith - because the Bible says that when a person receives Christ as Saviour, they receive the Holy Spirit.   So, according to our faith in God's Word, we have the Holy Spirit without having any associated feeling of Him anywhere in our body - because He is not in our body, but in our spirit.

• 1 month later...

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.85
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

On 6/5/2020 at 12:32 PM, Open7 said:

Thanks?

I don't think that is biblical. If that was true then it would be like saying we get the holy spirit by feeling, and also that he comes by measure. I havent head of such stories, not even from Jesus himself.