• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

I'm 23 and have yet to taste alcohol. I heard the sweet stuff if tasty and the hard stuff is nasty.....but, then again, I'm not normal. ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  657
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Birthday:  02/15/1959

Okay, scripture say that Bishops (pastors) are not to be given wine (Titus 1:7) This does not mean plain grape juice, this means fermented wine. If this means plain grape juice, then every pastor who has communion could not participate in it.

scripture says that the older women not given to much wine (Titus2:3)again, this does not refer to plain grape juice but to fermented wine.

I Timothy 5:23 No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for stomaches sake. Again, this is referring to fermented wine.

The water turned to wine by Yeshua was actual wine, not just grape juice. Why do you think the scriptures talk about putting new wine into old wine skins. Because the old skins would burst under the fermenation process.

There is nothing evil or sinful about having a little wine. But we are told to refrain from having too much of it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

Okay, scripture say that Bishops (pastors) are not to be given wine (Titus 1:7) This does not mean plain grape juice, this means fermented wine. If this means plain grape juice, then every pastor who has communion could not participate in it.

scripture says that the older women not given to much wine (Titus2:3)again, this does not refer to plain grape juice but to fermented wine.

I Timothy 5:23 No longer drink only water, but use a little wine for stomaches sake. Again, this is referring to fermented wine.

The water turned to wine by Yeshua was actual wine, not just grape juice. Why do you think the scriptures talk about putting new wine into old wine skins. Because the old skins would burst under the fermenation process.

There is nothing evil or sinful about having a little wine. But we are told to refrain from having too much of it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;):P;):P

:emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive:;)

:P:emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive:

:emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive:

:emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive:

Unfermented wine

The unfermented wine, or the pure jice of the grape was used as a beverage from earliesst time.

In Gen. 40:11 The king of Egypt drank the swee juice of grapes.

Deut. 32:14 says the blood of the grape was regarded as a choice drink.

Judges 9:13 say it cheers God and man.

It even is said to gladden the heart in Psalms 104:15

In 1Tim. 5:23 it has medicinal qualities.(don't jump on me for this text... a second look seems to indicate that it is fermented so I could be wrong. but if it is fermented it seems that its use was medicinal and not just for drinking sake)

Mark2:22 show that if it is put in old bottles it ferments, thus becoming unfit for use.

Ex. 12:15 tels us that leaven causes fermentation; at the time of passover, all leaven or fermented things were taken away from the homes.

Matt. 2:17, 26, 27. The Lord's supper was institued at the passover supper. I believe it was unfermented, because notheing ferment was allowing in their houses.

Lastly(but not least) The use of fermented wine as I stated before excludes the drinker from heaven(1Cor. 6:10); but of the fermented, it is not only stated that those who use it may enter heaven, but that the savior and the redeemed will drink of it in the kingdom of God. Matt. 26:29

;)

I like wine.....and I see nothing wrong in it! :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you even old enough to be drinking? If you aren't that's a whole other discussion. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:P

No, I have never got drunk.

Never drunk more than a glass at occasions. :emot-highfive:

I'm not a drunk!!! :emot-highfive:

Anyway.

:emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope everyone gets me alright on this.

I don't want people thinking I'm a drunk at 14....... :emot-highfive:

;)

The water turned to wine by Yeshua was actual wine, not just grape juice

Okay, here's a quote from one of my favorite pastors Doug Batchelor on the subject

The whole of Scripture is clearly and adamantly against the consumption of alcohol, but human nature will look upon any textual ambiguity as a "loophole" to justify drinking alcohol.

An example of this reasoning is the wedding in Cana, where Jesus turned water into wine. Those who support the intake of alcohol suggest this must have been alcoholic wine-after all, it was a wedding, and every wedding has wine-right? But let's pause to consider the implications. There were six pots for Jesus to fill, and each of those would hold 20 to 30 gallons. That's up to 180 gallons of beverage!

Are we to believe that Jesus made 180 gallons of a destructive drug-enough to get every guest drunk and launch this new marriage with slurring lips and staggering feet? Indeed, He would have been acting against His own Word (Habakkuk 2:15; Luke 12:45; Ephesians 5:18)! If we approach this passage relying on the whole of Scripture, we must surely come to the conclusion that Jesus made unfermented wine-and the governor of the feast complimented the groom on its pure quality (John 2:4-10).

;)

I take it from this that you HATE wine! ;)

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

Well its better for a Christian not to drink, and remove that danger or temptation to over consume alcohol which leads to drunkenness which is sinful. And we need to be specific, for most people that would occur after two.

But let us not twist scripture, the wine in the New Testament was fermented wine that is what wine is, period. There are numerous references in the New Testament to not drinking too much wine because it would lead to drunkenness, the wine they talked about in the New Testament obviously caused drunkenness, it was fermented. The water Jesus changed into wine at the marriage was fermented wine, that is why in the passage the master of the wedding talked of bringing out the less good wine later, after people had drank a little. But that does not mean Jesus was part of that, or that He condoned drinking in excess, far from it, He used it to show His power.

Jesus drank wine; He used wine to institute the Lords Supper. In some ways being so obsessed with alcohol can also be a bad thing. Drinking a glass of wine or having one beer is not sin, drunkenness is sin. Many many people drink wine and beer and are good Christians. Not drinking any wine or beer is good, but it is not a virtue to be proud of.

If you are 23 and don't drink, I certainly wouldn't start now.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  599
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,264
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Up until the late 40's or early 50's when Mr. Welch learned to package grape juice in non refrigerated packaging, three things happened to a grape when picked. One: it must be eaten or squished a drank in a relatively short period of time.

Two: Let it sit in uncontrolled environment and it turns into vinegar.

Three: control it's environment so that the natural bacteria will consume the sugars in the wine and create alcohol. This alcohol's disinfectant properties along with the dropping levels of sugar will force the bacteria into dormancy which stops the reaction of turning sugars into alcohol.

Until the invention of refrigeration this is all you could do to grape juice to keep it for more than a few days.

It is not possible in the old testament days for grape juice to be available but for short periods of time as the grapes ripened.

If necessary one can look up the original Greek words of the scriptures to show that the same words telling us not to be drunk with wine, and the wine that Jesus made at the wedding at the demand of his mother are the same words and the same context.

It is OK to drink as a beverage, but not to indulge as far as I can see. I know there are some who can not handle alcohol at all and for the most part that is because we don't all break down the alcohol the same in our bodies. Not everyone experiences the strong addictive powers as some do.

Those of us who have the liberty to drink a bit now and then should be very careful not to cause trouble for those who do, but that is no reason that we should be forbidden to have a glass of wine now and then.

One should always keep in mind that drinking a bit too much is no excuse for any of your behavior.... not to the legal system or to God.....

I think I shall drink,but if there is someone who is gonna be affected, I'll not.