IGNORED

Wine.......

Remnantrob

Guest Zayit
I like wine.....and I see nothing wrong in it! :emot-highfive:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your parents allow you , a 14 yr old to drink wine? ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

I like wine.....and I see nothing wrong in it! ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you even old enough to be drinking? If you aren't that's a whole other discussion. :emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)

No, I have never got drunk.

Never drunk more than a glass at occasions. :P

I'm not a drunk!!! :P

Anyway.

:emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope everyone gets me alright on this.

I don't want people thinking I'm a drunk at 14....... :emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

See here! :emot-highfive:

Guest Zayit

Unfermented wine

The unfermented wine, or the pure jice of the grape was used as a beverage from earliesst time.

In Gen. 40:11 The king of Egypt drank the swee juice of grapes.

The Kings of Egypt drank wine, not grape juice, in that heat they could not prevent the juice from fermenting. Fermentation begins as soon as the grapes are crushed.

Deut. 32:14 says the blood of the grape was regarded as a choice drink.

Yes it is, in Judaism we have a special blessing for the L-rD just for this fruit of the vine!

Judges 9:13 say it cheers God and man.

Yes, it gladdens the heart, or lifts it up, that is why it is used at so many celebrations, Bar Mitzvahs , Weddings, etc. That is why the L-RD Yeshua made even more wine when they ran out.

It even is said to gladden the heart in Psalms 104:15

In 1Tim. 5:23 it has medicinal qualities.(don't jump on me for this text... a second look seems to indicate that it is fermented so I could be wrong.  but if it is fermented it seems that its use was medicinal and not just for drinking sake)

There are many good properties one finds in drinking a little red wine.

Mark2:22 show that if it is put in old bottles it ferments, thus becoming unfit for use.

No, the fermentation will burst the wineskin.

Ex. 12:15 tels us that leaven causes fermentation; at the time of passover, all leaven or fermented things were taken away from the homes.

yes, and we have specially processed wine for Passover

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Grape juice becomes wine in less than 21 days. The grape harvest is in the summer, not year round to always have fresh grape juice available. There was not such a thing as bottled or packaged grape juice until a little over a hundred years ago when a Methodist dentist named Welch discovered how to keep the grape from fermenting by using pasturization. This was to make a non-alchoholic wine for communion purposes for those that took more than needed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,672
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

I like wine.....and I see nothing wrong in it! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Are you even old enough to be drinking? If you aren't that's a whole other discussion. :emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)

No, I have never got drunk.

Never drunk more than a glass at occasions. :P

I'm not a drunk!!! :P

Anyway.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I hope everyone gets me alright on this.

I don't want people thinking I'm a drunk at 14....... :emot-highfive:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really don't want to de-rail this thread but I have to respond. Yomo...no one thinks you are a drunk but at 14 you shouldn't be drinking at all...especially since you are under the legal age limit. That violates not only man's laws but God's laws. Not to mention the fact that it's not good for someone your age. Something for you to consider. :emot-highfive:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  156
  • Content Count:  3,454
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Birthday:  07/02/1969

This always turns out to be an involved debate every time this topic comes up. One argument I get from folks I know is that (fermented/alcoholic) wine was consumed in leu of drinking the water which likely had many parasites and bacteria. This argument obviously did not take into consideration the existence of wells. I never considered wine to be anything other than alcoholic. However if indeed fermentation does persist in grape juice as it sits (especially at room temperature), then the amount of alcohol would vary throughout the seasons after and prior to the grape harvests. It would certainly be folly to believe that all "wine" referred to in the Bible was not fermented. If that were the case then there would be no reason at all to be concerned how much wine anyone was given to drink. Wine has been proven to ward off many different kinds of ailments and the alcohol in strong drink has long been used as an antiseptic. Wine in and of itself is not bad. Anyone "given to much wine" leaves themselves open to influence by Satan, directly of indirectly. The repeated (excessive) consumption of such beverages only provides for a lasting influence of Satan upon ones life and home.

I don't think theres a need to be legalistic or to mince words regarding drinking wine. Wine has and will always be consumed in feasts of celebration. We are simply to be aware that its not in our best interest to drink it more often than those infrequent occasions.

• Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

This always turns out to be an involved debate every time this topic comes up. One argument I get from folks I know is that (fermented/alcoholic) wine was consumed in leu of drinking the water which likely had many parasites and bacteria. This argument obviously did not take into consideration the existence of wells. I never considered wine to be anything other than alcoholic. However if indeed fermentation does persist in grape juice as it sits (especially at room temperature), then the amount of alcohol would vary throughout the seasons after and prior to the grape harvests. It would certainly be folly to believe that all "wine" referred to in the Bible was not fermented. If that were the case then there would be no reason at all to be concerned how much wine anyone was given to drink. Wine has been proven to ward off many different kinds of ailments and the alcohol in strong drink has long been used as an antiseptic. Wine in and of itself is not bad. Anyone "given to much wine" leaves themselves open to influence by Satan, directly of indirectly. The repeated (excessive) consumption of such beverages only provides for a lasting influence of Satan upon ones life and home. 

I don't think theres a need to be legalistic or to mince words regarding drinking wine. Wine has and will always be consumed in feasts of celebration. We are simply to be aware that its not in our best interest to drink it more often than those infrequent occasions.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well said! *does a standing ovation*

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

Agreed as well, the true "sin" lies in allowing yourself to become inebriated, not in the act of consuming wine, et. al. itself...

Good post!

AP

• Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21

The issue of alcohol being considered "sinful" didn't really arise until the formation of American Christianity. Prior to the Puritanical way of thinking, no one really questioned it.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  10/07/1981

The issue of alcohol being considered "sinful" didn't really arise until the formation of American Christianity. Prior to the Puritanical way of thinking, no one really questioned it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, last post was meant for those who automatically assume that any consumption of any alcohol of any sort is not of God and etc. But I appreciate your post, however. ;) Blessings,

AP

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,176
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

Agreed as well, the true "sin" lies in allowing yourself to become inebriated, not in the act of consuming wine, et. al. itself...

Good post!

AP

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually I think the real sin usually happens because of the things you do when your inebriated..... just to be precise to an anoying level. It is a sin to sit down get drunk and go to sleep????? Just a question that came to my bored to death mind.