IGNORED

Why doesn't President Trump ban homosexuality if he's a Christian?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

32 minutes ago, other one said:

the president does not have the authority to do that......  why do we separate homosexuality and adultery?  both are wrong and will send a person to hell. 

God gave us freewill and we live in a free society guaranteed by a governing constitution.   it does not damage me if someone wants to lead a gay lifestyle so we don't have laws against it.  instead of complaining about the laws we should lovingly should convince them of what they are doing is against Gods wishes and give them their free will. 

" it does not damage me if someone wants to lead a gay lifestyle so we don't have laws against it."

That is exactly the problematic attitude that is hurting so many people who are weaker than you and may not be able to defend themselves or raise alarm when sexual advances are made against them by homosexual practitioners, which is now happening a lot more often and even in some workplaces in the US. This could all be prevented with a simple law that bans homosexuality.

One must do what's right not just for themselves, but also for other people. For example, I might not be affected if my niece had unprotected sex outside of marriage with some guy she liked, but I know it's wrong for her, and may cause her to get hurt very badly later in life, so I would do my best to prevent it.

Also, regardless of anything else, we must uphold God's word on what's right and what's wrong. That's what anyone who loves and follows Jesus would do.

There is a thing to be said about "tough love". People forget that a reprimand is a form of love too. A stern talk is love as well. There are many ways to express love more effectively than just being nice. Love includes preventing people from walking down a wrong path. Allowing them to walk it is neither freedom or love. It's ironically a form of complacent hate because by allowing them, you hurt them indirectly. Love people like Jesus commands us instead! 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

3 hours ago, Andy Maleh said:

People wish a lot of things, but unfortunately they didn't create the world. God did and gave everyone a choice. The path of God's word or the path of Satan. 

Also, what part of this is not bad exactly? "they harass the weak and prey on the young and the clueless, causing much emotional rape, damage, and heartache in the process to many people"

Ridiculous

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  1,123
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

3 hours ago, Andy Maleh said:

So you claim President Trump is lying about being a Christian? So you are doing the very exact thing you are denouncing?

" Trump could do no more for the world than Christ did before he was crucified."

Every believer knows that Christ could have stayed if he wanted to as God has the power to do anything he wants. However, he had to go precisely because the Jews of that time wanted an earthly king, not a heavenly one. They were too attached to the pride behind their rituals instead of the good that comes through them from God to others. They had to be taught a lesson, and thus God took Jesus Christ's life away and brought him to heaven as a lesson in humility.

President Trump may not be compared to Jesus Christ. He is not a prophet. Also, God is still with us. As such, he may choose to grant any man the power needed to serve his people. May God bless President Trump and the USA.

"So you claim President Trump is lying about being a Christian? So you are doing the very exact thing you are denouncing"?

No. That is not what I claimed, said, or implied. Perhaps, in the future, you may want to consider asking first what someone means before you accuse him of something he didn't. Astonishing!

Not here to argue so please find someone else to vent with.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 6/24/2020 at 1:57 PM, furrychristian said:

You shouldn't make laws based off solely religious principles. Murder, rape, etc are not only bad on religious grounds, they actually hurt people. There is no reason outside of religion to think that homosexuality is bad.

Laws should be based on the things that God says are right and wrong.

Outside of what God says, there is no reason to think that ANYTHING is right or wrong.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42

On 6/24/2020 at 5:12 AM, Andy Maleh said:

Why doesn't President Trump ban homosexuality if he is Christian? It sounds like the only logical thing a Christian would do regarding the practice of homosexuality, let alone the fact that they harass the weak and prey on the young and the clueless, causing much emotional rape, damage, and heartache in the process to many people. Could he or people he knows be benefitting secretly from giving privileges to practitioners of homosexuality? I sadly know a good number of people who falsely like homosexuals only because of the allure/cool/wow/pride/vanity factor they get from associating with them, none of which are important or Christian things, let alone some being sin (e.g. pride). Could the president or his aides be sadly caught up in that too? I think President Trump should ban homosexuality in the public immediately and work on having that happen in all countries in the world. That's what a true Christian who loves Jesus and God would do. May God bless him and bless us all.

Jesus didn't ban it in the Roman empire, nor call on such.

Homosexuality is banned in Christianity.  You can't be a Christian and a homosexual.

But we live in a pagan culture.  This is not a the Christian nation it was founded on.   Most people are pagans.  Jesus didn't go around screaming at pagans.  In Luke 9, a Samaritan village refused to welcome Jesus because he was going to Jerusalem, and his disciples asked if they should call down fire to burn the villagers, and Jesus rebuked them.

So the idea that we should ban Homosexuality, is just not a thing.   We are Christians. We should have a higher standard for ourselves, and lower standard for the Pagans.

Learn from the Amish for example.  They don't care what we do.  They live their lives, as they see fit, and mind their own business.  You come rolling up in a Mercedes, and buy some watermelon, they don't start lecturing you on how worldly and evil the opulent car is, or how your dressed.  They just sell you the melons and wish you the best, and wave goodbye.

Now if another Amish does something like that, then they have a problem.  You can't be Amish, and live like the pagans.

But they don't bother pagans on how they live.

We Christians should be the same.  We deal with other Christians. 

You see a Christian that says they are Homosexual, you should make a point to correct them.  You should get in their face, and point to the Bible and say NO... the Bible says that is wrong, and you need to choose whether you are Christian or Homosexual, because you can't be both!.

But the pagans are pagan.  They don't believe our Bible, nor our morals, nor our standard for living.  Leave them alone.

And as far as Trump... I don't even know if Trump is a Christian.  He's a politician.  And reality TV star.  But Christian?  Who knows.  Do you know his heart?  I don't.

We need to be people that worry about our lives, and our Christian community.  Not what the pagans do.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, David1701 said:

Laws should be based on the things that God says are right and wrong.

Outside of what God says, there is no reason to think that ANYTHING is right or wrong.

If we value freedom of religion, then our national laws cannot favor anyone's religious views. What you're advocating for is theonomy, not a democratic republic.

2 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

You see a Christian that says they are Homosexual, you should make a point to correct them.  You should get in their face, and point to the Bible and say NO... the Bible says that is wrong, and you need to choose whether you are Christian or Homosexual, because you can't be both!.

I'm a Christian and a biromantic asexual. What this means is that I feel romantic attraction to both sexes with no desire for sexuality with either. However, I know better than to act on the attractions I experience. But I do still experience them.

I think what you're going for is more along the lines of "one cannot be a practicing homosexual and a Christian". Someone is a homosexual if they are attracted to the same sex, that doesn't necessarily mean they are practicing.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

14 hours ago, Andy Maleh said:

Freedom doesn't include the right to do what's wrong. That's what rights are for: doing what's right only! Freedom is having many options in doing what's right instead of being constrained to one right thing only. For example, having the option to select who your wife is instead of her being selected for you since birth is a form of freedom we enjoy in the western world that is a right thing, not wrong. Being allowed to commit murder on the other hand is not freedom since it's wrong.

Also, the lobby you speak of is not powerful at all. Its power comes from Satan, meaning not true power, yet stolen through people's sins. By identifying the sin and putting a stop to it, their power is completely extinguished. Allowing the sin on the other hand is you giving up your own power to them. I never give up my power to Satan. My power is from God and is reserved for what God deems as good only. May God bless you with God's true power that overcomes all!

Start with 

Job 31:1 Easy-to-Read Version (ERV)

“I made an agreement with my eyes
    not to look at a young woman in a way that would make me want her.

The way out is simply walking out of the room.

• This is Worthy 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

The oral divide between right and wrong.

God goes deeper into our souls, and searches our hearts.

He gave us laws and boundaries  for our own protection. we all have a fallen nature within, that desperately need Gods Holy Spirit in us to guide us back to our place or origin, before sin was found in us.

Sexual deviance whether is homosexuality, lesbianism, rape of any kind,, rape in a marriage between husband and wife, sodomy between husband and wife, paedophilia, child trafcking, child sexual abuse from adults, sex with a corpse, sex with an animal, masturbation, They ALL are deviance's/ abominations, that are far off from God intentional original purpose of recreation= reproduction of the species.

Non of us better than the other when our sin nature controls us more than our God given nature,  ALL sin,they are ALL abominations in the eyes of the Lord. But the sexual sin of deviance is one of the foremost damaging to the soul than any other kind, and that includes the sexual illicit list above mentioned

Unless we return to having the view and nature of a child, we will not inherit of the kingdom of the Lord

Matthew 18:3

2Jesus invited a little child to stand among them. 3“Truly I tell you,” He said, “unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. 4Therefore, whoever humbles himself like this little child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven.…

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

15 hours ago, furrychristian said:

Ridiculous

May God bless you.