Bible patterns

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  414
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

An amazing trend i discovered while  listening to a youtube  channel about understanding the  bible.

Biblical patterns.png

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  774
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,949
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

From the story of Lot its how Lot tried to defend his guess by trying to sacrifice his daughter. Isnt it awesome ?

The other story' of the Levit is cruel.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  1

I've heard how there was a great deal of honour at stake when a person takes another into their home, to the point that the host will sacrifice his own household to defend the guest. This is apparently still the case in Bedouin tribes (according to our pastor who visited the Middle East a couple years ago).

In the case of the story of Lot verses the Levite, I think the author is making the point that the Israelites had actually sunk below the depravity of Sodom. The whole book of Judges is essentially a death spiral of the nation prior to the rise of the kings.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/31/1961

1Cor 10:9  Now all these things happened unto them for ensamples: and they are written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the age are come.

The recording of the historical events of the Old Testament was done for the benefit of this present age's Called & Chosen (Elect, saints, overcomers, etc.).  Why?  It's not for documenting history as most believe.  Those events were recorded to give a spiritual message (Truth) to those in the present age who have been given "eyes and ears".  The story contained in Gen 19 concerning Lot is teaching on the pathway that God's Called and Chosen believers must travel.  The pathway is a "mystery" that remains hidden from all but those traveling it.   This pathway to salvation is retold several times through out scripture, however, it is always hidden in spiritual symbols.  Though I am not familiar with the events of Judges 19, I am certain that it too contains a spiritual truth for today's Elect.  

In the verse I quoted, it says that these Old Testament events happened to those "whom the ends of the age are come".  This is a very powerful and insightful statement.  The Elect (Called & Chosen) are living through what happens at the end of the final age now and they have been doing it since the Day of Pentecost.  It is happening to the Elect first because they are the First Fruits of God's harvest of mankind.  All persons not Chosen, must wait until the actual final age to experience what the First Fruits experienced in this age.  The events that happen at the end of the age (commonly called endtime prophecy) are not teaching on outward world events.  The endtime scriptures are teaching on the pathway that leads to conversion.  Christ uses physical symbols that represent spiritual truths.  Spiritual truths happens 'within" us.  It is how Christ cleans the inside of our cup.  

Joe

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  1,176
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  04/29/1987

I do not think that someone can teach a person the bible. Only the holy spirit, himself can do such a thing. It is one of the proofs at the spirit exists. Different sorts of people over thousands of years put it together. Then once it was put together there were more people that analysed and studied it and said what should and should not be included. To be astonished is an understatement.