IGNORED

What is Your IQ (Intelligence Quotient) ?

branchesofHim

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,045
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/07/1955

IS  THEOLOGY  GODLY 

TITUS 1:1  paul a servant of  GOD  and an apostle of  JESUS  CHRIST  according to the faith of  GODS  elect and the acknowledging of the --TRUTH  WHICH  IS  AFTER  GODLINESS--

1 TIMOTHY 6:3  if any man teach otherwise and --CONSENT  NOT  TO  WHOLESOME  WORDS-- even the words of our  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST  and to the doctrine which is according to godliness  

--6:4-- HE  IS  PROUD -- knowing nothing but doting about questions and strifes of words whereof cometh envy strife railings evil surmisings --6:5-- perverse disputings --OF  MEN  OF  CORRUPT  MINDS-- and destitute of the truth supposing that gain is godliness

1 TIMOTHY 6:6  BUT  GODLINESS  WITH  CONTENTMENT  IS  GREAT  GAIN 

1 TIMOTHY 2:1  I exhort therefore that first of all supplications prayers intercessions and giving of thanks be made for all men 

--2:2--  for kings and for all that are in authority that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life in --IN  ALL  GODLINESS  AND  HONESTY--

LOVING  THE  LORD  JESUS  CHRIST 

• Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,086
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

On 7/9/2020 at 11:24 PM, branchesofHim said:

We live in a world that is dominated by the devil in reasoning. Scripture teaches this. So if your IQ is based on "worldly reason" then you obviously are spiritually ignorant. Correct?

No, one can have an high IQ in useful Knowledge of this world in general and so-called spiritual knowledge.

Have you ever taken an IQ test?   Do you know what is on them?   All that matters is what one does with the knowledge of both worlds they have.     

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/10/2020 at 7:58 AM, Alive said:

Well--I reckon we will see, but I think he meant if that is where you place your emphasis---human reasoning, then you may miss the mark.

Matthew 22:37
Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’

If the human reasoning is to do evil, then they missed the mark or sinned which is missing the mark.

If the human reasoning is to do good, there is not a problem with that.

On 7/11/2020 at 1:36 PM, missmuffet said:

I don't know what my IQ is. Does it really matter?

Don't worry about it each time I took one of those tests I keep getting dumber.   Brian cells keep dying from playing the Core War game.   

On 7/12/2020 at 5:06 PM, TheBlade said:

God blesses those who are humble/meek, for they will inherit the whole earth.

Great another mess I will have to clean up

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  24,675
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

As far as IQ tests are concerned, they are probably the most misunderstood psychometric tools. They are not even intended to measure overall intelligence. They are practically useless when used by the general population. Just like medical tests would be useless for someone without medical knowledge. They measure cognitive abilities such as reasoning skills (which are often used in mathematics) and problem solving. As such, they are useful for assessing someones potential (which could influence career paths) and for identifying certain kinds of disabilities. Intelligence is a concept that has never been perfectly defined. So no measuring tool is going to tell you how clever someone is. I have met people who had intellectual disabilities, who have at times shown more intelligence than many people who seem clever. 

There is nothing wrong with being intelligence or with learning. It is only wrong when it leads to pride or idolatry. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

23 hours ago, Henry_iain said:

As far as IQ tests are concerned, they are probably the most misunderstood psychometric tools. They are not even intended to measure overall intelligence. They are practically useless when used by the general population. Just like medical tests would be useless for someone without medical knowledge. They measure cognitive abilities such as reasoning skills (which are often used in mathematics) and problem solving. As such, they are useful for assessing someones potential (which could influence career paths) and for identifying certain kinds of disabilities. Intelligence is a concept that has never been perfectly defined. So no measuring tool is going to tell you how clever someone is. I have met people who had intellectual disabilities, who have at times shown more intelligence than many people who seem clever. 

There is nothing wrong with being intelligence or with learning. It is only wrong when it leads to pride or idolatry. 

When I was at school, in my mid teens (late 1970s), they changed the name of the tests to V.R.Q. tests (Verbal Reasoning Quotient), but it didn't last long and they were soon back to I.Q. tests.  They test for certain kinds of reasoning and problem solving ability but they do not test for emotional intelligence, musical talent, or general artistic talent, which are other kinds of intelligence.  They also do not test for common sense.

• 2 weeks later...

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 7/13/2020 at 9:03 AM, Josheb said:

There is no warrant for throwing theology or those who study it under the bus, especially not with inherent or unwarranted disdain. Doing so evidences the problem. 

Your theological knowledge is apparent. No bus or disdain here. Thanks for the input. Shalom. 

• Topic Count:  211
  • Content Count:  1,463
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/23/1966

On 7/16/2020 at 3:51 PM, Daniel Marsh said:

No, one can have an high IQ in useful Knowledge of this world in general and so-called spiritual knowledge.

I was not being critical of anyone with a high IQ. Shalom.

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  277
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/23/1967

Trying to apply Scripture to test scores is silly. Let the Bible interpret the Bible. Being good at problem solving, applied math, spatial relationships, etc...has absolutely nothing at all to do with "worldly thinking." If Shape A is has the same surface area as Shape B...that is simply fact, not moral or immoral....and certainly not sacred or secular. The testing simply seeks to measure ones ability to correctly determine which given shapes fulfill a stated relationship...or which symbol should be next in an established pattern, etc... This has nothing to do with anything spiritual beyond God knitting us together in the womb.

• Thumbs Up 1