• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shape_of_Things_to_Come

Shape of things to come by H G wells . This is a must read. What we see today is becoming realty. We will soon lose our freedoms. The virus is just paving the road. A world leader is eminent.  

My depiction from wiki did not work out 

The ahtichrist will use the papacy to help him rise to full power, but once he get that power he will commit the abomination of desolation Jesus spoke of and declare he is God. He then will seek to stamp out all other religions and The Christian church that will not receive him As God by taking is mark. 

This described here in Rev 17: 1318

And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth is the church of Rome. The vatican  will be destroyed  

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,302
  • Content Per Day:  1.71

10 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

Shape of things to come by H G wells

A simple question for you.

What ever happens in your country or in the world, how will that affect your Christian life style?

If the antichrist appears will you stop being Christian?

If it makes no difference to how you act, or causes you to be more obedient, why seek to frighten people?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  51
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

58 minutes ago, Who me said:

A simple question for you.

What ever happens in your country or in the world, how will that affect your Christian life style?

If the antichrist appears will you stop being Christian?

If it makes no difference to how you act, or causes you to be more obedient, why seek to frighten people?

Why would you couch it the terms of "frightening people?"  The country is in grave danger, and as Christians, it is our job, every day, all day to warn others around us of danger.  There is no fear to it.  It isn't so much about what is happening to the country itself.  The Christians in this country, collectively, are letting evil in the country go on, and grow, un-checked, and un-challenged.  And they will have to answer for that, if they don't quickly change their hearts, and their behavior.

6 hours ago, Exegesis said:

Why would you couch it the terms of "frightening people?

Because that is what all those who go round the many forums crying 'woe, woe, woe!' are doing.

Contrast Paul when talking to Christians already experiencing perscution. He talking about there light and momentary trouble and went on to talk about the hope that they had.

Yes perscution is already happening in the west. Christians need to be built up, strengthened, taught the strong meat of the Bible so they know what they believe, why they believe and amid real problems are confident in the faith they have.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  839
  • Content Per Day:  0.44

alot of the 7th day adenvtists believe that the Pope is the antichrist,  but we don't know for sure,  

8 hours ago, Who me said:

Because that is what all those who go round the many forums crying 'woe, woe, woe!' are doing.

Contrast Paul when talking to Christians already experiencing perscution. He talking about there light and momentary trouble and went on to talk about the hope that they had.

Yes perscution is already happening in the west. Christians need to be built up, strengthened, taught the strong meat of the Bible so they know what they believe, why they believe and amid real problems are confident in the faith they have.

---------------------------------------------------

I am not a forum hoper trying to scare anyone. Am i my brothers keeper? The book of Revelation itself is a horn and just as prophets of Israel were horns. Why? Were they just wanting to scare them or were they were sent to warn and to make them alert so they could come to repentance. What is happening today is very real, but many have not a clue. Many wont even open the Book of Revelation because  It sounds like to much woe. Should we fear? No! should we stay ignorant? No!  So am I my brothers keeper? Are you?

I ve been around a while and I know my share of the end days over 35 years, but never have I felt more need to be on our knee's than right now. This is not just eschatology but reality happening right now.   

Edited by Mike Mclees

10 hours ago, Mike Mclees said:

should we stay ignorant? No!  So am I my brothers keeper? Are you?

As someone who has 35 years of experience of the conflicting interpretations of revelation you will understand my interest in teaching and training Christians to live as Christians.

This has more urgency than quibbling about what this verse means or that method of understanding it.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Who me said:

As someone who has 35 years of experience of the conflicting interpretations of revelation you will understand my interest in teaching and training Christians to live as Christians.

This has more urgency than quibbling about what this verse means or that method of understanding it.

Could you tell me what the verse is ?I then would be glad to hear your interpretation. If you are speaking of "am I my brothers keeper" it speak of loving careing  about you brother that you would not wish him harm. 

If you knew your brother was about to step on  a rattlesnake would not do everything you could to keep him from that danger. In this matter I am very much my brothers keeper. However this saying is far more broad in many situations. This verse is not spoken of in Revelation but relates more to what Jesus said love they neighbor as thyself.

In the Lords example of the man on the road lrft by robbers was ignored by those of his own kind. However it was the Samaritan that proved love they neighbor. He was his brothers keeper even though despised by the Jews 

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

On 7/12/2020 at 1:36 PM, Mike Mclees said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shape_of_Things_to_Come

Shape of things to come by H G wells . This is a must read. What we see today is becoming realty. We will soon lose our freedoms. The virus is just paving the road. A world leader is eminent.  

My depiction from wiki did not work out 

The ahtichrist will use the papacy to help him rise to full power, but once he get that power he will commit the abomination of desolation Jesus spoke of and declare he is God. He then will seek to stamp out all other religions and The Christian church that will not receive him As God by taking is mark. 

This described here in Rev 17: 1318

And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

15 And he saith unto me, The waters which thou sawest, where the whore sitteth, are peoples, and multitudes, and nations, and tongues.

16 And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire.

17 For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.

18 And the woman which thou sawest is that great city, which reigneth over the kings of the earth is the church of Rome. The vatican  will be destroyed  

A person does not have to worry about the future 7 year tribulation if they are grounded with Christ and a born again true believer. 

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

A person does not have to worry about the future 7 year tribulation if they are grounded with Christ and a born again true believer. 

Miss Muffit you are correct if you speak of strong believers. This topic is extremely important and not just easily stated. 

Two verses jump out but Im sure there are more. 

Not all who say Lord Lord will enter into the kingdom. Matt 7:21

The man of sin shall not be revealed untill there come a great falling away first 2nd Thessalonians 2: 1-3

The final 7 yrs is used with much misconception and confusion in the modern day church system. You can find many pre trib preachers on U-Tube who are using the present pandemic as a stage to preach falls hoods concerning their doctrine. This one subject is a topic by itself. 

Why is this so important? Because it concerns all what you stated. Jesus knows His Bride and they shall come from all corners of the earth and their faith will be proven

We should remember the parable of the five wise and the five foolish. The five foolish were turned away. The most fearful statemen in all scripture is " depart from me I do not know you". The five foolish considered themselves  among those you stated.