• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  771
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  10/07/1947

On 10/24/2020 at 12:39 PM, Ozarkbound said:

What biblical evidence is there that this type of thing happens in congregations? The gospel is about Christ. This op is about the poster. The word "I" is used too many times. It's not about us.

I agree.   I can't find any evidence in the New Testament that would support that the OP's experience actually comes from God.  I think he is, by saying, "God showed me", taking the Lord's name in vain.   I don't believe that God showed him anything at all.   This is just an example of Charismatic presumption that God shows people things that are not consistent with His written Word.   God has said all He is going to say to mankind through the written Word.   If we want to know what God is showing us, we need to read His Word, and if we want Him to speak with us audibly, then we need to read the Bible out loud.

There are many Charismatic running around saying "God showed me" this or that, but it is all nonsense unless it is something the Holy Spirit has given insight in the Bible.   

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

Your "vision" does not appear to be Biblically sound. The Holy Spirit is the one who falls upon people, not some other kind of spirit running around touching people.