IGNORED

Our Christianity is about to be tested.....

Gideon

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, Marathoner said:

I was thinking of all the grounded passenger jets and how some might be used to provide shelter to those in need. I've been homeless before and was grateful for a place to stay when I needed it most.

Where do u stay now ?

11 hours ago, Marathoner said:

The Lord bless you and your wife, brother. You listened to His Spirit and carried out His will. I'll share something that happened last winter during a fierce storm.

The winds were howling after considerable snowfall so the effective temperature outdoors was below zero degrees Fahrenheit. I was making my way toward a pass through the mountains when I noticed a man just ahead stumbling along my side of the road. He was dressed in a t-shirt and jeans; no coat nor even shoes on his feet, just socks. He was waving his arms frantically but the vehicles in front of me passed him by; I came to a stop alongside of the man, rolled down a passenger window, and shouted for him to jump in. Shouting was necessary because the wind was literally howling. 

Once he was safely inside I rolled up the window and was immediately assaulted by the stench of liquor. The fellow had been drinking. 

"Thank God you stopped!," the man exclaimed. "I was praying to God for a miracle!"

I asked if he lived in the area. Yes, the man replied, several miles up the highway in the direction I was traveling. I offered to take him home or somewhere else if he so desired. The man wouldn't have survived long enough to make it home considering how he was dressed. Miraculously, his extremities weren't frostbitten. He was in good shape considering the atrocious windstorm.  

Not only should we open our hearts to help our neighbor but we should also refrain from passing judgment upon them. The Lord answered this man's prayer so who am I to question His judgment? I'm thankful that His Spirit made sure I was in the right place at the right time to render aid to this man. 

He wud die of frostbite without the licquor so shudnt judge him.

8 hours ago, missmuffet said:

There is a community here and a piece of property where they allow those living in their car to stay. Whole families :(

Do u hv picture n link so i can  share it here because churches do nothing but parroting verses.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,312
  • Content Per Day:  7.11
  • Days Won:  99

2 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Where do u stay now ?

I have a home. Thank you for asking. :) 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

With out faith its impossible to please God. I have seen this kind of thing happen over and over for so many years now. Any time something bad is going on.. its either God is mad or judging or JESUS is coming any second! Or the Antichrist will pop up any moment. God always uses peace and He does not speak negative.

...... We were given His word. He will NEVER EVER go against that word. He spoke it and it has to return to him.. never void. Faith works both ways.. keep speaking negativity and adding GOD in some way to it.. you will receive what you have spoken for you believe it!  The word talks about things going on in the world and how it will never touch you. Satan comes to kill steal and destroy. God came to give life and give it more abundantly.

God puts someone in office that stand up for HIM! What did you expect the enemy to do? And this testing? What have you been doing all your life not living for Him? Don't you know Him? Does not He know you? What is it He has to test? These things come because some are not close to Him. So you don't WAIT till something bad happens.. you repent.. Father put me back on the right path.. thats IT!

Oh.. helping the poor.. praise GOD. We do know millions have been jobless longer then I have been alive. And some with no homes again longer then I have been alive. Shall we talk about other 3rd world nations? See the Gospel is being preached in the USA by 96% of believers. There are only 6% out there in the world. So to help the poor you don't hand them some money and .. see ya! No.. you keep helping them till they are back on their feet. Yeah.. most of US US US don't want to pay the price.

"Something bad is coming on the earth.. but before that something wonderful is about to happen. Watch and pray watch and pray watch and pray be ready". I don't share this much.. it was told to me in late 2008.. as I came back to Him. I KNOW what it MIGHT sound like.. but I don't THINK anything. I just share what He said.

Your Father is GOD.. He is IN YOU! There is nothing you can't do.. it maybe dark in the world.. and they are suffering.. but not you! They will come to YOU because what happened NEVER touched you! <---I've seen it. Go for it.. show GOD just how far your faith goes! And watch HIM move! For FAITH moves GOD! Pleases Him. Because.. HE gets ALL the glory..

• Thanks 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Not many time times.. any way.. He just said read Psa 90.. have you? Now I know why He wanted me to read it.. so hear

1He who dwells in the secret place of the Most High
Shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty.
2I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress;
My God, in Him I will trust.”
3Surely He shall deliver you from the snare of the fowler
And from the perilous pestilence.
4He shall cover you with His feathers,
And under His wings you shall take refuge;
His truth shall be your shield and buckler.
5You shall not be afraid of the terror by night,
Nor of the arrow that flies by day,
6Nor of the pestilence that walks in darkness,
Nor of the destruction that lays waste at noonday.
7A thousand may fall at your side,
And ten thousand at your right hand;
But it shall not come near you.
8Only with your eyes shall you look,
And see the reward of the wicked.
9Because you have made the Lord, who is my refuge,
Even the Most High, your dwelling place,
10No evil shall befall you,
Nor shall any plague come near your dwelling;
11For He shall give His angels charge over you,
To keep you in all your ways.
12In their hands they shall bear you up,
Lest you dash your foot against a stone.
13You shall tread upon the lion and the cobra,
The young lion and the serpent you shall trample underfoot.
14“Because he has set his love upon Me, therefore I will deliver him;
I will set him on high, because he has known My name.
15He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble;
I will deliver him and honor him.
16With long life I will satisfy him,
And show him My salvation.”

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

18 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Do u hv picture n link so i can  share it here because churches do nothing but parroting verses.

It was on our local news so no I do not. 

2 hours ago, missmuffet said:

It was on our local news so no I do not. 

Theres nothing big churches give to relieve burdens in this covid situation not even cheap rice as they anticipate their abused tithe income diminish as well regardless Millions dollars in their bank account.

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

18 hours ago, TheBlade said:

With out faith its impossible to please God. I have seen this kind of thing happen over and over for so many years now. Any time something bad is going on.. its either God is mad or judging or JESUS is coming any second! Or the Antichrist will pop up any moment. God always uses peace and He does not speak negative.

...... We were given His word. He will NEVER EVER go against that word. He spoke it and it has to return to him.. never void. Faith works both ways.. keep speaking negativity and adding GOD in some way to it.. you will receive what you have spoken for you believe it!  The word talks about things going on in the world and how it will never touch you. Satan comes to kill steal and destroy. God came to give life and give it more abundantly.

God puts someone in office that stand up for HIM! What did you expect the enemy to do? And this testing? What have you been doing all your life not living for Him? Don't you know Him? Does not He know you? What is it He has to test? These things come because some are not close to Him. So you don't WAIT till something bad happens.. you repent.. Father put me back on the right path.. thats IT!

Oh.. helping the poor.. praise GOD. We do know millions have been jobless longer then I have been alive. And some with no homes again longer then I have been alive. Shall we talk about other 3rd world nations? See the Gospel is being preached in the USA by 96% of believers. There are only 6% out there in the world. So to help the poor you don't hand them some money and .. see ya! No.. you keep helping them till they are back on their feet. Yeah.. most of US US US don't want to pay the price.

"Something bad is coming on the earth.. but before that something wonderful is about to happen. Watch and pray watch and pray watch and pray be ready". I don't share this much.. it was told to me in late 2008.. as I came back to Him. I KNOW what it MIGHT sound like.. but I don't THINK anything. I just share what He said.

Your Father is GOD.. He is IN YOU! There is nothing you can't do.. it maybe dark in the world.. and they are suffering.. but not you! They will come to YOU because what happened NEVER touched you! <---I've seen it. Go for it.. show GOD just how far your faith goes! And watch HIM move! For FAITH moves GOD! Pleases Him. Because.. HE gets ALL the glory..

Do you believe a faith-filled Christian can end up homeless with a hungry family to feed and nothing to feed them with? 

blessings, 

Gids

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.18

On 8/4/2020 at 11:56 PM, Gideon said:

This week-end, my wife and I loaded up the boys for a rare trip out to Costco. We were driving, listening to Kare Jobe singing. It was hot and very humid, but inside our little air conditioned "bubble", we were happy to get out as a family for a bit after being home bound for so long.  

All of a sudden, something caught my eye along the side of the road. A family.... a man, his wife, their toddler, their dog and some heavy looking bags and back packs caught my eye. The woman was struggling, trying to comfort her crying toddler. The man too was struggling, carrying their belongings while holding the leash to their young dog. 

I immediately began to cry. so did my wife.  Neither one of us could drive by and both of us knew we had to stop, but we were on a road where we could not turn around for several miles. We drove further, to a branch of our bank and got some cash. We turned around, and found them under a shade tree a few feet from the major road, crying in despair.  Long story short, we helped them as the Lord had led. This post is not about them, nor about the level of  our response, and I so wish I could have done more. 

These were not drug addicts, nor alcoholics. They were not users of people. They had simply fallen through the cracks of our ever-weakening economy. They had had jobs but lost them , lost their rented home. had their car break down and were falling...... into hopelessness.  

Guys, more will follow. Many more. Before this is over, homelessness will not simply be the "fringe-dwellers of society. They will include entire normal families... kids with moms and dads who had always worked, paid their bills, just like you and me. Some will be in your church.

A food bank is wonderful but will not be enough. Missions are wonderful, but they will simply quickly get to overflowing. The question is...... the one we need to answer in our hearts, is     What will we do? How uncomfortable will we make our own little "safety bubble" we have worked so hard to establish  in order to alleviate the desperate conditions we will see others find themselves in? 

Will we try to save our life.... or lose it to help others? What does God think on matters such as this? 

“Is not this the fast that I have chosen: to loose the bands of wickedness, to undo the heavy burdens, and to let the oppressed go free, and that ye break every yoke?

Is it not to deal thy bread to the hungry, and that thou bring the poor that are cast out to thy house?—when thou seest the naked, that thou cover him, and that thou hide not thyself from thine own flesh?

Then shall thy light break forth as the morning, and thine health shall spring forth speedily; and thy righteousness shall go before thee; the glory of the Lord shall be thy rearward.

Then shalt thou call, and the Lord shall answer; thou shalt cry, and He shall say, ‘Here I am.’ "

Isaiah 58:6-9

We are entering into a time none of us have ever experienced. It is easy to worship God when our rent is paid, when there is plenty of food on our tables, and yes, when our cable bill is paid up, lol. But a test is coming that will reveal how deeply our walk with God actually goes.

Think for a minute. In your fellowship,  what if half of the people you worship with ended up unemployed and with many of them homeless? How would your church handle such a predicament? How would you? 

Again, let us hear what God has told us...

"Hereby we perceive the love of God: because He laid down His life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for the brethren.

But whoso hath this world’s goods and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up the compassion of his heart from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?

My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue, but in deed and in truth."

1 John 3:16-18 

We can hide our heads from believing such a time  is on our horizon. Suppose for a minute it is not.Suppose wexsomehow dodge such a terrible situation.  It changes nothing. What matters is the depth of our Lord dwelling in our hearts. If we are not at the place where we could share our food, or bring another family into our home, disrupting our attempts to live 'normal' lives, we, myself included,, need to seek God for His heart so that we can do so, and do so with joy, not begrudgingly. This is truly a scary thing to contemplate, but the fact that it is so scary reveals that our hearts need searching.... and filling. 

These coming days are going to be the time when the genuineness of our Christianity will be tested. It is called the valley of decision.  God IS able to change us to the point where we can smile as we welcome others into our homes... and mean it. . It will not be easy getting to the point where we can share what we have. God must work it into our hearts. But our job is to humbly admit we need Him to bring us to the point we are willing to be changed, because even though He wants to rule over us, He will not  "over-rule" us. 

blessings to all, 

Gideon

Great sharing! Thanks.

I'd like to add one more perspective.
That day Gideon drove by a family that were visibily in need of help.
Do we christians realize the truth that we daily drive/walk by people, who are heading for hell? Do we see that they are in dire need of the Gospel as well?

If any oppertunity occurs, stop like Gideon did and share the Gospel.
God bless you brothers and sisters!

Edited by Wesley L
  • Thumbs Up 1