IGNORED

Why can't we blame God for things that happen?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Ditto...

Edited by CaptWalker
Posted twice...

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  168
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  03/31/1961

29 minutes ago, CaptWalker said:

"Whatever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom in the grave,whither thou goest." {Ecclesiastes-9:10}

"He that giveth unto the poor shall not lack; but he that hides his eyes shall have many a curse." {Proverbs-28:27}

"As it is written: 'He has dispersed abroad, he has given to the poor; his righteousness endures forever.'" {2nd Corinthians-9:9}

"And to her is was granted to be arrayed in fine linen, clean and bright, for the fine linen is the righteous acts of the saints." {Revelation-19:8}

Yes, we do the good works but the cause of the good works is God.  If we take credit for those good works, then we have become self-righteous.

Christ did good works, BUT He gives credit to God the Father because He knows that is who causes them to happen.

John 14:10   Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

And just like Christ, our good works are also caused by God.

Isa 26:12  O Jehovah, Thou appointest peace to us, For, all our works also Thou hast wrought for us.

Eph 2:10  For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

We are the workmanship of God which is why we produce good works.  Without God causing the good works in us, we would not produce any.  God deserves all the credit.  

Joe

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

14 hours ago, Faithwilldo said:

There are no "misfortunate" situations.  God is in full control of His creation and nothing happens unless God causes it to happen.  There are no accidents or mistakes.  Satan is not acting outside of God's will nor does evil happen by chance or by mankind's supposed "free will".   As for mankind's salvation, it is 100% the work of Christ and He has stated that He will save each of us at the time God has chosen.   God's Elect that are being saved now in this age cannot die prematurely or have anything happen to them that is not part of God's plan.  Mankind could not be in better hands.

I'd have to disagree with some of the aspects of interpreting bad occurrences and terrible events that do happen in everyone's life. No one is spared from tragedy, but the Lord is not the cause of these things. Yes, they are allowed to happen, but God is not the author of evil. It is Satan who causes havoc and destruction. He roams as a lion seeking whom he may devour. Disease is not from the Lord, these things were then made evident from the fall of mankind. Thorns grew in the Garden and there were no further allowances to return to it. Sin is from the evil one and he was the cause of it from the beginning, when he and the rebelling angels were cast out of Heaven. 

Edited by BeauJangles

"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

"And kept back part of the price, his wife being privy to it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the Apostles feet.

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath SATAN filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

"Whiles it remained was it not THINE own? And after it was sold was it not in THINE power? Why has thou conceived this thing in THINE heart? Thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

"And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things."

{Acts-5:1-5}

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  139
  • Content Count:  4,224
  • Content Per Day:  1.23

Gods Word says He gave man a free will to choose right from wrong.

Bible Verses About Free Will

1 Corinthians 10:13

13 No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

7 How happy your people must be! How happy your officials, who continually stand before you and hear your wisdom!

9 The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. Instead he is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.

13 You, my brothers and sisters, were called to be free. But do not use your freedom to indulge the flesh ; rather, serve one another humbly in love.

John 7:17

17 Anyone who chooses to do the will of God will find out whether my teaching comes from God or whether I speak on my own.

Joshua 24:15

15 But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the LORD.”

34 Then he called the crowd to him along with his disciples and said: Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross and follow me.

9 In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps

Revelation 3:20

20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me.

Romans 6:23

23 For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves.

Romans 10:9-10
9 If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
10 For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved.

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

I'd have to disagree with some of the aspects of interpreting bad occurrences and terrible events that do happen in everyone's life. No one is spared from tragedy, but the Lord is not the cause of these things. Yes, they are allowed to happen, but God is not the author of evil. It is Satan who causes havoc and destruction. He roams as a lion seeking whom he may devour. Disease is not from the Lord, these things were then made evident from the fall of mankind. Thorns grew in the Garden and there were no further allowances to return to it. Sin is from the evil one and he was the cause of it from the beginning, when he and the rebelling angels were cast out of Heaven. 

If God is not the cause of the bad occurrences as you suggest, then why did God create Satan "to destroy"? 

Isa 54:16  Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.

1 John 3:8  He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning.

Job 26:13  By his spirit he hath garnished the heavens; his hand hath formed the crooked serpent.

Satan is not a fallen angel.  The verses commonly used to support this notion are not speaking about Satan - they are speaking about the king of Babylon.  Satan was created by God for the purpose of tempting and deceiving so as to destroy mankind spiritually.  Satan sinned from the beginning - he did not fall.  God made him a "crooked serpent".

Scripture says that God created the "bad occurrences and terrible events (otherwise known as "evil") that happen in this world:

Isa 45:7    I am the LORD, and there is none else.  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Scripture goes on to say that God "worketh all things (includes evil) after the counsel of His own will".  

Eph 1:11   In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will:

So how does God "worketh all things"?  Here is one way He does it:

2 Sam 24:1  And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

So how did God "move" David to number the people?  He sent Satan to do it. 

1 Chron 21:1  And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

Here are other examples of when God used "evil spirits" to accomplish His will:

1 Sam 16:14  But the Spirit of the LORD departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the LORD troubled him.

Judg 9:23  Then God sent an evil spirit between Abimelech and the men of Shechem; and the men of Shechem dealt treacherously with Abimelech:

Isa 19:14  The LORD hath mingled a perverse spirit in the midst thereof: and they have caused Egypt to err in every work thereof, as a drunken man staggereth in his vomit.

The "bad occurrences" that happen are caused by God.  He clearly says so in the verses below:

Ecc 1:13  An experience of evil God has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.

Amos 3:6  Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?

Ecc 7:13  Consider the work of God: for who can make that straight, which he hath made crooked?

Prov 16:4  The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

I think Job says it best:

Job 2:10   But he said to her, Thou speakest as one of the foolish women speaketh. We have also received good from God, and should we not receive evil? In all this Job did not sin with his lips.

Joe

1 hour ago, CaptWalker said:

"But a certain man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, sold a possession,

"And kept back part of the price, his wife being privy to it, and brought a certain part and laid it at the Apostles feet.

"But Peter said, Ananias, why hath SATAN filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land?

"Whiles it remained was it not THINE own? And after it was sold was it not in THINE power? Why has thou conceived this thing in THINE heart? Thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

"And Ananias hearing these words fell down, and gave up the ghost: and great fear came on all them that heard these things."

{Acts-5:1-5}

God uses Satan to tempt and deceive us.  The verses you quoted are just another example of this.

2 Sam 24:1  And again the anger of the LORD was kindled against Israel, and he moved David against them to say, Go, number Israel and Judah.

So how did God "move" David to number the people?  He sent Satan to do it. 

1 Chron 21:1  And Satan stood up against Israel, and provoked David to number Israel.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

43 minutes ago, Faithwilldo said:

If God is not the cause of the bad occurrences as you suggest, then why did God create Satan "to destroy"? 

C'mon, bro. You and I both realize this is categorically defined and what is from the Lord from what is the devil. The Lord is ultimate good, Lucifer renamed accordingly as Satan, the devil, the enemy, and adversary, is ultimate evil. You can argue this until you're blue in the face. Doing so would place you in an incorrect positioning of understanding.  

7 minutes ago, BeauJangles said:

C'mon, bro. You and I both realize this is categorically defined and what is from the Lord from what is the devil. The Lord is ultimate good, Lucifer renamed accordingly as Satan, the devil, the enemy, and adversary, is ultimate evil. You can argue this until you're blue in the face. Doing so would place you in an incorrect positioning of understanding.  

No, it is not "categorically defined".   Scripture simply does not support your contentions.  In fact, scripture contradicts them and that is why you have not posted any supportive verses.  If you ever want to convince me of anything, you must use scripture to do it. 

Also, scripture does not contradict itself.  The verses that I posted are very clear - you should believe them if you want to find the knowledge of God. 

Truth is hidden in scripture and only revealed by God.  

Prov 2:1-5  My son, if you receive my words and treasure up my commandments with you, making your ear attentive to wisdom and inclining your heart to understanding;  yes, if you call out for insight and raise your voice for understanding, if you seek it like silver and search for it as for hidden treasures, then you will understand the fear of the Lord and find the knowledge of God. 

Joe 

Well just want to make sure we are discussing the idea of "free-will" or whatever else, and not good works, since i already know God's answer to that one. And yes it does say that God "moved" David, but where does it say He did the same to Ananias...in fact Peter was questioning why he had let SATAN influence him to do what he did, and had "conceived" that idea all by himself, with no help from God. But you are saying that God "caused" Satan to deceive him and commit that sin, just so he could be judged for it and God could then kill him?? Why not just LET him do it all by himself, if he was that bad of a guy?? Is God just up there playing games or what, YOU tell me Mr. Knowitall?!?

To be completely honest with you, even insinuating that we don't have free-will is akin to something someone with a mental illness would say...not to judge you but just think it needed to be said. And just because a word,phrase or concept is not specifically mentioned in the KJV doesn't mean it is invalid or not true. And so are you saying that God "caused" Satan to make Adam and Eve sin in the garden, and then act all shocked and surprised when they did??? Or perhaps we no longer had free-will after that, which is not even insinuated anywhere in the Bible that this was the case. Just trying to help you make your weak case...  

"But every man is tempted when he is drawn away of his OWN lust, and enticed." {James-1:14}

Edited by CaptWalker