• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

2 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

awareness of or knowing something without having it born out of the Word of God...

Define Word of God.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,192
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

2 minutes ago, Alive said:

Define Word of God.

The Word of God is defined in Scripture as creation aspect, written, Living Son of God...

10 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

The Word of God is defined in Scripture as creation aspect, written, Living Son of God...

So you were speaking of Christ and not the Bible (written text)?

8 minutes ago, Alive said:

So you were speaking of Christ and not the Bible (written text)?

No I was speaking of the whole... 
We know the creative aspect is the objective format we began in and all men are accountable for knowing God is by it's presence Rom 1:18-22...
The written aspect also objective in being with combining the necessary of The Holy Spirit to rightly divide...  1Cor 2:14
Then there 'IS' The Glory our Lord Jesus Christ Who embodies the whole without end... Genesis thru Revelation...

6 minutes ago, enoob57 said:

No I was speaking of the whole... 
We know the creative aspect is the objective format we began in and all men are accountable for knowing God is by it's presence Rom 1:18-22...
The written aspect also objective in being with combining the necessary of The Holy Spirit to rightly divide...  1Cor 2:14
Then there 'IS' The Glory our Lord Jesus Christ Who embodies the whole without end... Genesis thru Revelation...

I think I understand what you wrote--not easy.

LOL

So, are you indicating that we need the Holy Spirit to teach us the meaning of scripture and the creation?

If you are--how does the Holy Spirit convey this to you? By what mechanism, if you will?

1 hour ago, Alive said:

So, are you indicating that we need the Holy Spirit to teach us the meaning of scripture and the creation?

We need the Holy Spirit for absolutely everything... 

1 hour ago, Alive said:

If you are--how does the Holy Spirit convey this to you? By what mechanism, if you will?

The objective format of written material -Scripture forming an objective sense through grammar, context all aspects: historical, cultural, religious views etc. Which forms a foundational aspect of understanding and then lifting it to God saying what do I do with this for the eternal purposes... The mechanism: the answer will match all aspects of what was gleaned from the study verifying it is God's Spirit enlarging me toward a service He will use of me... my reason will be confirmed to me by His Reason through His Word however my experience of Him will grow into a greater depth in relationship... But I shall never rely upon experiential growth more than the Scripture cause He has made me this promise
2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV
Cause really what could I lack by this means?

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

We need the Holy Spirit for absolutely everything... 

The objective format of written material -Scripture forming an objective sense through grammar, context all aspects: historical, cultural, religious views etc. Which forms a foundational aspect of understanding and then lifting it to God saying what do I do with this for the eternal purposes... The mechanism: the answer will match all aspects of what was gleaned from the study verifying it is God's Spirit enlarging me toward a service He will use of me... my reason will be confirmed to me by His Reason through His Word however my experience of Him will grow into a greater depth in relationship... But I shall never rely upon experiential growth more than the Scripture cause He has made me this promise
2 Tim 3:15-17

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.
KJV
Cause really what could I lack by this means?

Thank you Enoob. I have read your response.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

David said...

You're at it again, aren't you?  What you call "Calvinism" is simply the doctrines of grace, as found in the Bible, and nothing to do with the gifts of the Holy Spirit.

I am at nothing "again," except pointing out the false doctrines of calvinism where they are found. Calvinism is far more than just doctrines of grace (which it perverts), and calvin himself wrote that the gifts of the Spirit had ceased - that is where the false doctrine of cessation originated.

It is Cessationism that teaches that the gifts have ceased, not what you call "Calvinism".

You demonstrate that you don't know what calvinism is then, nor about its roots. I take it that you have never read calvin's writings, then.

There is an entire fellowship of congregations, in the UK and elsewhere, that believe in salvation by grace alone (not fallen man's alleged "free" will), through faith alone, in Christ alone, and that the gifts are for today.

Yes, indeed. There are whole denominations which believe and teach those false doctrines which cannot be supported in Scripture, I am well aware of them. There is no salvation by "grace alone" in Scripture, there is human free will, there is no salvation through faith alone (another false doctrine easily dispelled with Scripture). But this thread is about tongues, so...

You need to get off your hobby-horse and start doing what you tell others they need to do - be led by the Holy Spirit.

I am on no hobby horse, David. I speak what the Scripture clearly teach. And, BTW, I used to hold to the false nonsense doctrines that you do today...it was by holding my biases in that I was able to be led by the Spirit out of the twistings of Scripture that you still hold to. I used to be where you are today...thank God He led me out when I humbled myself before Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0

23 hours ago, Paul James said:

Just for information, the Scottish Covenanters of the 17th Century were Calvinist, and they were strong in the prophetic, and their prophecies came to pass, especially the one where John Fletcher prophesied that the plague would not come into a certain city.  It came to pass that the effects of the plague were all around the city, but no one who lived in that city got the plague.   So it means that Calvinists can be used in the gifts of the Spirit.   I just thought that bit of information might tickle your fancy!   :-)

That is great! I know that not all calvinists hold to the same doctrines. Some that I used to know also believed in the active gifts of the Spirit, but they seem to be farther and farther apart today than they used to be.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

On 11/26/2020 at 4:10 AM, SwordMaster said:

David said...

I am at nothing "again," except pointing out the false doctrines of calvinism where they are found. Calvinism is far more than just doctrines of grace (which it perverts), and calvin himself wrote that the gifts of the Spirit had ceased - that is where the false doctrine of cessation originated.

What you call "Calvinism" (which is really nothing to do with Calvin) is the five Solas and TULIP.

I couldn't care less what Calvin wrote, since what you call "Calvinism" does not come from Calvin, as has already been explained to you.

"Calvinism" was a nickname, given to the doctrines of grace, by a Lutheran, almost certainly in order to be able to pin them on a man, instead of having to deal with what the Bible says.

You demonstrate that you don't know what calvinism is then, nor about its roots. I take it that you have never read calvin's writings, then.

LOL!  If you are going to attack, you should at least TRY to understand what you are attacking...

Yes, indeed. There are whole denominations which believe and teach those false doctrines which cannot be supported in Scripture, I am well aware of them. There is no salvation by "grace alone" in Scripture, there is human free will, there is no salvation through faith alone (another false doctrine easily dispelled with Scripture). But this thread is about tongues, so...

And here we have it - anti-Christian teaching that salvation is, allegedly, not by grace alone, nor through faith alone - straight from the horse's mouth (or should that be wolf's mouth?).  This places you outside the pale of orthodox Christianity.

Which sect do you belong to?  Or are you a lone wolf?

I am on no hobby horse, David. I speak what the Scripture clearly teach. And, BTW, I used to hold to the false nonsense doctrines that you do today...it was by holding my biases in that I was able to be led by the Spirit out of the twistings of Scripture that you still hold to. I used to be where you are today...thank God He led me out when I humbled myself before Him.

I see - an apostate then.

You "humbled" yourself, so that you now believe that salvation is not by grace through faith.  I don't think so...

As far as tongues are concerned, I believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit continue; but, there are false tongues as well as the true; and, even if you speak with the tongues of men and angels, if you do not have the love of God in your heart, you are dead as a door-nail.