IGNORED

Either I am over thinking this, or I'm a jerk.

LonerAndy

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  693
  • Content Per Day:  0.42
  • Days Won:  0

Humans have an amazing capacity to fool themselves into thinking they are better than they are.  I would like to think I am decent.  I help people when I can, give to charity and so on.  I've had roommates, not because I wanted the money, but because I thought I was helping them.

And I do this because I believe this is what a Christian should do.

That said, yesterday I found a note from someone I used to talk to.  It was from back in June, when she sent me a note asking how I was, and where I went.

I had been talking to this lady from work, for almost a year or more, until April when I was laid off.

After sending her a response back, she was ecstatic to talk to me.  I started feeling embarrassed, because I never thought of her even once.  She was genuinely worried about me, and wanted to know how I was, while I had not given her, or anyone else from that job a second thought.

Then I started thinking.   You know I left my old church, and I never thought of any of the people from that church.  Not to imply I left that church on bad terms.  I left because I was on second shift, and they did not have a night service.  I was always falling asleep during church, which defeats the point of being there.  The church I go to has a night service.

However, I never gave any of the people at that church as second thought, nor any of the people from previous jobs.   Nor any of the people I went to college with, or school before that.  I don't remember any of them.  Some I can see their faces, but no longer remember their names.  And some I can't remember at all.

I know that sounds like I have alzheimer's, but it's more that when I move on, I just move on.  I don't think about people of the past.

Is this a bad sign?   Does this mean I'm an uncaring jerk?

I don't know.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  104
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

no, not bad to move on

Remember 

Philippians 3:13-14

Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,251
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

5 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

Humans have an amazing capacity to fool themselves into thinking they are better than they are. 

Or vice versa.............

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

Humans have an amazing capacity to fool themselves into thinking they are better than they are.  I would like to think I am decent.  I help people when I can, give to charity and so on.  I've had roommates, not because I wanted the money, but because I thought I was helping them.

That said, yesterday I found a note from someone I used to talk to.  It was from back in June, when she sent me a note asking how I was, and where I went.

I had been talking to this lady from work, for almost a year or more, until April when I was laid off.

After sending her a response back, she was ecstatic to talk to me.  I started feeling embarrassed, because I never thought of her even once.  She was genuinely worried about me, and wanted to know how I was, while I had not given her, or anyone else from that job a second thought.

Then I started thinking.   You know I left my old church, and I never thought of any of the people from that church.  Not to imply I left that church on bad terms.  I left because I was on second shift, and they did not have a night service.  I was always falling asleep during church, which defeats the point of being there.  The church I go to has a night service.

However, I never gave any of the people at that church as second thought, nor any of the people from previous jobs.   Nor any of the people I went to college with, or school before that.  I don't remember any of them.  Some I can see their faces, but no longer remember their names.  And some I can't remember at all.

I know that sounds like I have alzheimer's, but it's more that when I move on, I just move on.  I don't think about people of the past.

I don't know.

Are you both single ?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

All my life I’ve also had troubles remembering names and faces .
Numbers? No problem I can remember numbers easy. Sometimes it’s just how we are wired.

Nothing wrong with you. Join the club. 

11 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

Are you both single ?

Yes.  But she is not a Christian, and I have no interest in getting married.

But yes.

26 minutes ago, WayneS said:

All my life I’ve also had troubles remembering names and faces .
Numbers? No problem I can remember numbers easy. Sometimes it’s just how we are wired.

Nothing wrong with you. Join the club. 

Well I think what.... 'concerns' me, is not that I forget people, but rather that it doesn't even bother me.  Should I want to keep connections?   I spent a year and a half in a 'small group' at church.  I left that group, never contacted any of them, and they never contacted me, and I have never given any of them a second thought.

I don't know.  Maybe you are right.  Maybe that's just how some people are wired.

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

18 hours ago, LonerAndy said:

I don't know.

No, Andy. I wouldn't go that far in thinking you are an uncaring jerk. 

32 minutes ago, LonerAndy said:

Well I think what.... 'concerns' me, is not that I forget people, but rather that it doesn't even bother me.  Should I want to keep connections?   I spent a year and a half in a 'small group' at church.  I left that group, never contacted any of them, and they never contacted me, and I have never given any of them a second thought.

I don't know.  Maybe you are right.  Maybe that's just how some people are wired.

But allow me to step into your inner circle if I may in a basic overall ascertainment of what kinds of struggles that are typical for today's younger persons. Let me give you a few generalizations of what I'm speaking of. In this day and age, I'm seeing more and more self-centeredness of personalities, basic lack of concentration and focus, this would be an aspect of attention deficit disorders, restlessness, which leads to easily becoming bored, hyperactivity, difficulties staying on task, and a real problem with tremendous apathy. What is the major problem with apathy today? Well, this would explain it. 

1. Apathy
    [ˈapəTHē]

NOUN
    apathy (noun)
    1. lack of interest, enthusiasm, or concern.
      "widespread apathy among students"
      synonyms:

• Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

ChickenCoop, my dear bro, that new avatar gif is stunning! Way cool!

1683235383_chickencoopgif.gif.44399ff5d667339ef63c859d04ee6216.gif

You crow, dude! Go for it!