Gideon

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  79
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,177
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  1

If it is God protecting a man, keeping Him from falling, causing him to obey, equipping  him with sword, shield and armor, and then promised that his shield will quench all the fiery arrows of the enemy.....

If this man's God has promised His divine intervention into every temptation, assuring him that He will never permit him to be tempted above his ability to resist, and then for added assurance, God declared to the universe that He would also make a way of escape so we could bear it without caving.....

If this man's God promised to be his master potter, the one who molds him into an overcomer, victorious over the world, the flesh and the devil.....

If God has told this man that His will is his sanctification and then  taught him to pray  'Not my will thine be done".... 

If these things all be true, then  should it  not melt our hearts to see that the one thing not won over to God that causes all the issues is US?  It is our old nature, refusing to yield. Will we sit here like the lame man at the pool of Bethesda, excusing our often willful sins,  saying we too have  no man to help us get healed and free indeed? Will we be content  to be the most 'senior' sinners, as if it somehow proves our humility, or is viewed as some sort of honor, magnifying grace?

Or will we finally awake to the fact we DO HAVE A MAN? Will we finally let our hearts be poured out and cry out to God to free us from US? Free us from the unbelief that limits Him, that calls Him a liar to His face, or an exaggerator at best. May we cry out to Jesus, confessing our great need, seeking  for the answer that initiates all these promises and causes them to click into action. There is one, I promise. 

We have a choice.  God has given us a way to walk in victory and  scripture clearly promises it. We cannot minimize the importance of our believing these powerful promises to be true. We dare not sapp them completely of their strength by an offhanded "Yeah, but we are only human." if God made no provision to get our old nature controlled, why promise anything?   

Guys, if we are given His promises like heavy gold inks, assuring us He will not fail us,  and yet we are one of those anchor chains... the weak link.... what good are they? If they were meant for the strong only, where does that leave us weak ones? 

God is stirring His own. He wants us victorious. And He WILL do it. BUT..... two things are needed on our parts. First we must want such a walk, more than our next breath. Secondly, we must  willing to do something terrifyingly wonderful... absolute surrender. To any who will come to that place, even if it is a trembling "I believe. Help thou my unbelief." that walk is guaranteed. He promises. 

I know this much. Every single believer WILL be awakened and walk together as the Bride of Christ, spotless, prepared for His arrival.... and our eyes will witness it it..... and BE it. 

blessings, 

Gideon

Edited by Gideon
  • Praise God! 1

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  66
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

And while we are working all these miracles of faith and holiness within ourselves the creator of all things gets to stand back watch us make these decisions which may or may not include him. God just needs to wait and see what we do, then work his plan of salvation out based on the direction we lead him. Got it. 

Edited by Glory To God
Add

2 hours ago, Glory To God said:

And while we are working all these miracles of faith and holiness within ourselves the creator of all things gets to stand back watch us make these decisions which may or may not include him. God just needs to wait and see what we do, then work his plan of salvation out based on the direction we lead him. Got it. 

If that is what you got from my post, either I am terrible at explaining my point, or your reading comprehension is lacking, methinks, lol.

It is when we come to Him knowing that unless He does it IN US, we have no hope or ever walking as overcomers, and ask for the faith to believe His  promises are yea and amen, despite our weakness, that we are finally ready to receive the miracle of walking in the FREE INDEED Jesus clearly promised us. 

Why the sarcasm? I shared scriptural promises. I am confused by your rssponse. Do you not long to walk in victory over the enemy of your soul? 

blessings, 

Gideon

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,054
  • Content Per Day:  6.48
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Seriously? We are going to do this yet again?

C’mon, man.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1
  • Oy Vey! 1

41 minutes ago, Alive said:

Seriously? We are going to do this yet again?

C’mon, man.

What exactly is your objection? Do you not want to see people walk in victory? Why would you object to someone saying it is not only possible, but promised? it makes no sense. 

Why would you take the time to make such a remark? if you do not like my posts, certainly you know you can ignore them, right? 

Show me where I stretched the scriptures to say something that they did not intend. These scriptural promises I shared are in your Bible as well as mine. Unbelief has gotten deeply rooted into the church in these  last days, and I pray we all understand, It will be cut out. We can either cooperate with God and seek His face for victory or be put into such a spot that we have  believe them or perish. 

Either way, a decision will be required of us. We can either voluntarily come to the place  where we hate our contentment with our religious self life, our secret sins, our wayward thoughts, our refusal to allow Him access to ALL parts of our life,  and  deny ourselves and follow Him, trusting He can and will cause us to will AND to do of His good pleasure ..... OR we can postpone it... for a time.  The danger  is, that at some point,  by refusing to make the choice, we are actually making ours and the outcome will not be pretty. 

It saddens me that when someone shares what God has promised to do for us, they are met with resistance and sarcasm. Is this not exactly what the enemy would like? May God open our eyes. 

blessings, 

Gids

• This is Worthy 1

@Gideon  You know well what I mean. You start thread after thread with exactly the same theme and although much of it is good theology, you continue to indict the our LOrd's Church as a whole as part of your message and then you get push back for that. The sad thing, is it is not required in order to teach victory.

Push back will happen once again and it always ends the same way...not needed.

All of the threads are the same and invite the very same responses.

• Oy Vey! 1

@Gideon I have a piece of advice for you. It is my hope that it is helpful. Point people to the scriptures that admonish us to 'reckon ourselves dead and alive 'In Christ'.

Point them to the finished work of Christ and let the Holy Spirit convict and ultimately teach. You don't need to continually tell your brethren they are wrong and worse.

Just point folks to Christ and trust Him to be the Great Shepherd of their souls...I am certain that He is capable.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alive said:

@Gideon  You know well what I mean. You start thread after thread with exactly the same theme and although much of it is good theology, you continue to indict the our LOrd's Church as a whole as part of your message and then you get push back for that. The sad thing, is it is not required in order to teach victory.

Push back will happen once again and it always ends the same way...not needed.

All of the threads are the same and invite the very same responses.

Would you mind showing me where in my OP I have attacked the church? Do you agree that most of God's own are not walking in holiness and righteousness before Him all the days of  their lives? That walking  as living sacrifices is to God "our reasonable service" but in our minds is radical legalism? 

The truth is, whether you want to actually acknowledge it or not, most do not believe walking without fulfilling the lusts of the flesh is even possible in this life. God calls it abiding in Him and tells us He has made it available to even the weakest among us. We have been taught however, that it is flat out impossible this side of Heaven, so why even waste the time seeking it? 

So what is required to teach victory? Do you not see it first requires an upheaval of our contentment with the low standards we have concerning what Christ is willing to do for us?  In order to climb out of the boat of unbelief, we must first admit we are missing the mark and badly.

Whether we believe it or not,  our current boat will soon to be taking on water. Darkness is coming, despite our hope that all will remain just as it is, and walking as an overcomer will soon not just be a luxury for those with such a leaning, but an absolute necessity for each of  us to  spiritually survive. 

i have said again and again, when I share about the condition of the church, it is will tears and not criticism.  God has told me to both warn as well as to show people the how of walking with self crucified. If you do not like it or believe what I am sharing, and do not want to receive it, I accept that. You can avoid my posts altogether, can you not? 

If you were concerned about others walking in victory, I would think you would overlook your objections as to how I share,  knowing in your heart that such teaching is woefully lacking in the body and greatly needed.

blessings,

Gids 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Alive said:

@Gideon I have a piece of advice for you. It is my hope that it is helpful. Point people to the scriptures that admonish us to 'reckon ourselves dead and alive 'In Christ'.

Point them to the finished work of Christ and let the Holy Spirit convict and ultimately teach. You don't need to continually tell your brethren they are wrong and worse.

Just point folks to Christ and trust Him to be the Great Shepherd of their souls...I am certain that He is capable.

If you read all the many clear promises in my OP, and God is capable as you say, why are so many not walking    in victory over the world, the flesh and the devil?

If it is just held out as an additional totally optional  "benefit" without seeing that something is wrong with our current understanding of holiness and the overcoming life,  and correction is not administered, nothing will change. 

Unbelief has crept into the church to such an extent, we have as a whole totally limited God in His desirecto change and free us. Repentance and hunger is needed. Correction is not fun, but it brings those hungry for more to a place where their hearts are open to instruction. I am sorry you do not understand or accept this. 

blessings, 

Gids

• Well Said! 1

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,234
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

First thanks for this. "Unbelief has crept into the church " I do find it ironic at the start you use "if if if" :) its just what I first saw. I know what your trying to say but if is doubting.

I would say "doubt" crept in not long after the 12 were gone. Not in the church as a whole. Go to some 3rd world nations and... you see the power of God move!

• Thumbs Up 1