IGNORED

What are these spirit things that are inside of us?

Peterlag

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  72
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,225
  • Content Per Day:  7.08
  • Days Won:  99

I'm thankful for this topic. There's good fruit for the taking, testimony of how the saints fit together into one body with Christ as the head. The hand doesn't war against the foot nor are the arms opposed to the legs because a body divided cannot function. We have heard how the body is a house and that this house is a temple wherein the spirit resides; in Christ Jesus we are the temple made without hands where the Spirit of the Lord Himself resides, not just us individually but unified in fulfillment of the Lord's prayer.

As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world. And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth. Neither pray I for these alone, but for them also which shall believe on me through their word; That they all may be one; as thou, Father, art in me, and I in thee, that they also may be one in us: that the world may believe that thou hast sent me. And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one: I in them, and thou in me, that they may be made perfect in one; and that the world may know that thou hast sent me, and hast loved them, as thou hast loved me. (John 17:18-23)

Are we not living stones fitted together in Christ? "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God; And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord: In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit. (Ephesians 2:19-22)

We are not above reproach. I rejoice whenever a brother or sister puts me on the spot because I am exhorted to examine myself thereby, to prove if I'm in the faith (2 Corinthians 13:5). This is good, lovely, and altogether worthwhile. This is fruit pleasing to the Lord, friends. Let us edify each other instead of opposing one another. As surely as I hear the voice of God's Spirit in the scriptures, I also hear His voice in your heart. :) 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

7 hours ago, leah777 said:

I recommend you read the entire chapter. Picking isolated verses is not usually a good idea, as the context and target audience and much of the sense is lost.

I did more than read the entire chapter. I read the entire book. In fact, I read the entire 7 Church epistles many times probably before you were born.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

3 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

n fact, I read the entire 7 Church epistles many times probably before you were born.

how old do you think I am?

and why are you implying that I am some youngster who knows less than you? Depth of knowledge is not dependant on age.

3 hours ago, leah777 said:

how old do you think I am?

and why are you implying that I am some youngster who knows less than you? Depth of knowledge is not dependant on age.

Because you're telling me to read the whole chapter. That's insulting. I read the whole chapter probably a thousand times.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  42
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/25/1942

On 8/29/2020 at 3:00 AM, Peterlag said:

Romans 3:20 tells us "for by the law is the knowledge of sin." And I'm not following the law because "by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight:" We are not on the same page and therefore we do not agree.

Avoiding the question - ASSUMING that you're a Christian, why do YOU still sin??

2 hours ago, Bob Carabbio said:

Avoiding the question - ASSUMING that you're a Christian, why do YOU still sin??

I do not sin.

1 hour ago, Peterlag said:

I do not sin.

Then I've got some nice ocean-front property, in Phoenix AZ that you might be interested in - 

13 minutes ago, Bob Carabbio said:

Then I've got some nice ocean-front property, in Phoenix AZ that you might be interested in - 

I just put up yesterday a piece on sin that covers everything we already talked about. It's all there because I believe I list just about every place in the Epistles where the word sin is used. I called it... My Take On Sin

Edited by Peterlag

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

On 8/21/2020 at 3:27 AM, Wesley L said:

If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar and His word is not in us.
1 John 1:8‭-‬10 

Continue on reading:

You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. - 1Jo 3:5-9 ESV

11 hours ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

Continue on reading:

You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. No one born of God makes a practice of sinning, for God's seed abides in him; and he cannot keep on sinning, because he has been born of God. - 1Jo 3:5-9 ESV

SO - why do YOU continue to SIN as a Born Again Christian??