• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66
  • Days Won:  0

Just now, CaptWalker said:

Well i would actually agree with that, and of course if one ministry has a few heretical teachings then you wouldn't try and justify it by comparing it to another that may have many more...which really goes without saying. But not sure exactly if that was your point, but as far as TV evangelists go, i suppose it would come down to what constitutes one of these individuals, or if you are on TV then you are one, period? I don't know how others see it, but a far as i'm concerned the one i was half-heartedly "defending" does not fall into this category, in the traditional sense.   And HE in fact speaks out against those who are...and even though it is all about evangelism and salvation, there still must be certain truths from God's word that are taught, but apparently not being done so correctly in MANY places?

I understand. I bet you understand why I cannot trust a teacher who said Satan had sex with Adam and Eve, rather than that they ate fruit and knew good/evil for disobedience...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Yes i can understand that, and maybe it's why he almost never says it as bluntly as that because he knows most people will be put off by it. And i don't know what the manuscripts actually say but apparently he does since he knows the Hebrew language and believes that is how it should have been interpreted in the KJV. Basically all i have ever heard him say is that Eve was seduced by the serpent and Cain was the result of that,because Adam was seduced as well and then Cain was their firstborn. And then became the first murderer killing Abel. And he also often cites John 8:44-45 where Christ said, "You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning...". So then you can say that Satan was able to so easily influence Cain to murder because he was spiritually his offspring?

Either way i do see how this is hard to swallow and many people simply can't and never will, just one of those things. My mind is not yet made up, but one thing i do kind of agree with is his teachings on the anti-christ and how many Christians will be deceived by him. But also that is something that many will not even consider especially those waiting for an any moment rapture. But that's another can of worms i don't really want to open and my original question was basically answered which i had originally asked mostly out of curiosity to see how many people were actually familiar with this ministry or thought about it since it is international after all. Either way I hesitate to call someone like him a false teacher, and like he himself so often says "don't trust any man" not even himself without first checking him out in God's word. So i at least will give him credit for that. 

(Also he is a Korean war veteran which for me raises his credibility a bit more than it would if he were just another TV evangelist.)

Edited by CaptWalker

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

You asked for peoples thoughts and opinions regarding  Arnold Murray's teachings and then are upset because we do NOT  hold him in esteem as you do.   I agree with the others who said the serpent seed is false doctrine. From your posts it appears to me, that you spend a great deal of time listening to the man preach without taking every thing he say to the word of God and seeing if what he says lines up with what God says in His written word. Paul commended the Berean Jews for reading scripture for themselves to see if what Paul preached lined up with scripture. They didn't just take his word for it, but checked out what he said for themselves. The old sayings “don't believe everything you hear or read” and “take what you hear or read with a grain of salt” apply here.   What does scripture say regarding this?

2 Corinthians 10:5
We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

Acts 17:11
Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

Let's read Genesis 3 together here.

Genesis 3:1-6
Now the serpent was more crafty than any of the wild animals the LORD God had made. He said to the woman, "Did God really say, 'You must not eat from any tree in the garden'?" The woman said to the serpent, "We may eat fruit from the trees in the garden, but God did say, 'You must not eat fruit from the tree that is in the middle of the garden, and you must not touch it, or you will die.'" "You will not certainly die," the serpent said to the woman. "For God knows that when you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good and evil. "When the woman saw that the fruit of the tree was good for food and pleasing to the eye, and also desirable for gaining wisdom, she took some and ate it. She also gave some to her husband, who was with her, and he ate it.

Nothing in the above scripture says it is about sex. Food is NOT sex.  In verses 12 and thirteen it says they "ate". Certainly nothing about sex.  In Chapter 4:1 it clearly says Adam and Eve produced Cain. NOT Satan and Eve!!  the Bible clearly indicates that the sin in the garden had to do with disobedience to God, not sexual relations: Scripture is clear that the first sin was not sexual but rather consisted of Adam’s disobedience to God’s command not to eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.  The true nature of sin, which is that sin is essentially disobedience to God.

NOT everything that is aired on TBN is sound doctrine.  The same with utube, NOT every sermon posted is sound doctrine, there is a lot of heresy preached, and the very reason we are to take everything we hear, see, or read to the word of God to see if what is preached lines up with God's word.  His word supersedes all others and is the go-to authority.

<\__~
</  //

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  133
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,864
  • Content Per Day:  0.62
  • Days Won:  2

6 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Yes i can understand that, and maybe it's why he almost never says it as bluntly as that because he knows most people will be put off by it. And i don't know what the manuscripts actually say but apparently he does since he knows the Hebrew language and believes that is how it should have been interpreted in the KJV. Basically all i have ever heard him say is that Eve was seduced by the serpent and Cain was the result of that,because Adam was seduced as well and then Cain was their firstborn. And then became the first murderer killing Abel. And he also often cites John 8:44-45 where Christ said, "You are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father you will do. He was a murderer from the beginning...". So then you can say that Satan was able to so easily influence Cain to murder because he was spiritually his offspring?

Either way i do see how this is hard to swallow and many people simply can't and never will, just one of those things. My mind is not yet made up, but one thing i do kind of agree with is his teachings on the anti-christ and how many Christians will be deceived by him. But also that is something that many will not even consider especially those waiting for an any moment rapture. But that's another can of worms i don't really want to open and my original question was basically answered which i had originally asked mostly out of curiosity to see how many people were actually familiar with this ministry or thought about it since it is international after all. Either way I hesitate to call someone like him a false teacher, and like he himself so often says "don't trust any man" not even himself without first checking him out in God's word. So i at least will give him credit for that. 

(Also he is a Korean war veteran which for me raises his credibility a bit more than it would if he were just another TV evangelist.)

Satan's descendants are those who identify with him in his lies.  Let's look at the verse you posted.  Jesus was NOT alluding to Satan being a physical father, but of His character.

John 8:44
"You are of your father the devil, and you want to do the desires of your father. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. Whenever he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own nature; for he is a liar, and the father of lies."

7 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Also he is a Korean war veteran which for me raises his credibility a bit more than it would if he were just another TV evangelist.

All this says is that he served in the military.  Serving in the military has no impact on the heart of man.  Just as attending a church and hearing sermon's does NOT make us right with God, for His written word says we must believe upon Jesus' life, death, and resurrection to make us right with God.  Belief in who Jesus is and what He has done for us is what saves us. Which is His death on the cross. 

<\__~
</  //

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  56
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  440
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  03/20/1970

Well i would agree that serving in the Marines(which he did) doesn't automatically give you a free pass to heaven, which it seems some would even insinuate? BUT, i still would trust someone who did moreso than just some preacher off the streets or that i know nothing about, other than the reaction of those "followers" in the audience hanging on his every word, such as saying that Christ could be returning ANY DAY now...and oh btw, we do accept credit card payments for your "faith seed" offering!? And also, it sounds like what you and so many others are saying by bringing it ALL back to Christ dying on the cross is that we basically don't even need ANY of these TV preachers to tell us what it's all about, which to be honest is actually fine with me, but would only make my already dull life even that much more boring...just saying.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,393
  • Content Per Day:  0.72
  • Days Won:  1

It doesn't matter who the preacher is, or where they preach, or how they have lived their lives before born again.

All that matters is that they preach accurately from the Bible.

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Content Per Day:  0.66

20 hours ago, CaptWalker said:

Well i would actually agree with that, and of course if one ministry has a few heretical teachings then you wouldn't try and justify it by comparing it to another that may have many more...which really goes without saying. But not sure exactly if that was your point, but as far as TV evangelists go, i suppose it would come down to what constitutes one of these individuals, or if you are on TV then you are one, period? I don't know how others see it, but as far as i'm concerned the one i was half-heartedly "defending" does not fall into this category, in the traditional sense.   And HE in fact speaks out against those who are...and even though it is all about evangelism and salvation, there still must be certain truths from God's word that are taught, but apparently not being done so correctly in MANY places?

To teach correctly, adhere to the Bible. 

Not all televangelists are evil. Some are quite effective.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

When I subscribed to Dish network this channel was available,  I used to watch him quite often and I would just turn the TV on and leave it while I was doing my housework for the day. It was white noise but better than Jerry Springer! The longer I listened the more I found to disagree with but I still felt that there was a lot of good teaching. I enjoyed the chapter by chapter verse by verse content. That is not something that you can find too many places these days. Now that I have switched cable providers Shepherd’s Chapel is no longer an option to me.  Is it something I have sought out in other venues like You Tube? No. Do I think the man is a false teacher. No. 

A few days ago I was asked to fill-in at work with a 95-year-old client in his home. When I walked in the door he was watching Shepherds Chapel on  he asked me if I was offended by that and said he would turn it off. Of course I told him no. I listened with him and heard  nothing objectionable. Am I going to tell a 95-year-old devout Christian band that a minister that he enjoys is a false teacher? Absolutely not. This gentleman even said to me “well I don’t agree with everything he says but he’s pretty good. “

I think it’s virtually impossible to find a teacher will  tell you 100% everything that you will agree with. I also think that there is no one who is absolutely correct on every point of doctrine and theology. For my money however the closest is Jack Abeelen at Morningstar Chapel. 

I know Arnold Murray has passed and I believe that I will see him one day in heaven. And when I do the fact that he preached that Eve and Satan had children together will be irrelevant. The five pillars of faith we  all have in common is that there is one God, His son Jesus was born of a virgin. Jesus died for our sins. He rose and is coming again.