Debp

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,993
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,691
  • Content Per Day:  11.76
  • Days Won:  226

It is wisdom to know when to be silent. This is one of those moments. 

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  385
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  7,692
  • Content Per Day:  1.92
  • Days Won:  3

On 9/18/2020 at 1:41 PM, missmuffet said:

It is wisdom to know when to be silent. This is one of those moments. 

You are so much wiser than me missmuffet.  :)

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

On 9/6/2020 at 2:39 PM, LadyKay said:

Good things under President Trump:

Sorry. I can't think of anything.:noidea:

How sad!

Not related, but this is going to be showing up at the end of my posts for a while because I think we need to me educated and aware:
The Social Dilemma, is a documentary about social media, about how things like Google, Twitter, Facebook etc, are changing our lives and habits, and are specifically designed to keep us engaged, gather information about us, and to even addict us to their use, primarily so they can profit. It is very well presented, and while I was generally aware of all of this, I have to admit that I never really stopped to consider how really invasive, and hideous it is in terms of lowering our self esteem, shaping our thinking and changing our societies. Very illuminating. I think that everyone with a smart phone or a computer, should watch this, and especially those who have loved ones using these devices at a young age, like under 30! I would LOL that last comment, but it is not funny!

32 minutes ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

How sad!

Not related, but this is going to be showing up at the end of my posts for a while because I think we need to me educated and aware:
The Social Dilemma, is a documentary about social media, about how things like Google, Twitter, Facebook etc, are changing our lives and habits, and are specifically designed to keep us engaged, gather information about us, and to even addict us to their use, primarily so they can profit. It is very well presented, and while I was generally aware of all of this, I have to admit that I never really stopped to consider how really invasive, and hideous it is in terms of lowering our self esteem, shaping our thinking and changing our societies. Very illuminating. I think that everyone with a smart phone or a computer, should watch this, and especially those who have loved ones using these devices at a young age, like under 30! I would LOL that last comment, but it is not funny!

Well that is all fine and good and that documentary did show up on my Netflix list. Since watching documentaries is something I do and Netflix caught that. So I will most likely make some time to see this as it dose interest me. But if you have not notice on the "General Forums", there seems to be a whole lot of people on here who are very upset with Netflix right now because they put out a movie that is not to their approval. So I do not know how many people on this site are going to watch your recommended documentary. But I will give it a go. :26: 

Edited by LadyKay

4 minutes ago, LadyKay said:

there seems to be a whole lot of people on here who are very upset with Netflix right now because they put out a movie that is not to their approval.

that is true, but there are also people upset with Facebook, so they have a dilemma! There is a lot on netflix which I do not approve of, so I just watch the things I do approve of, or at least tolerate!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/19/2020 at 10:40 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

that is true, but there are also people upset with Facebook, so they have a dilemma! There is a lot on netflix which I do not approve of, so I just watch the things I do approve of, or at least tolerate!

Okay. I am getting ready to watch "The Social Dilemma". The trailer looks really interesting. 

15 hours ago, LadyKay said:

Okay. I am getting ready to watch "The Social Dilemma". The trailer looks really interesting. 

Let me know what you think!

7 hours ago, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Let me know what you think!

Well it was interesting. I took FB messenger off my phone because it was constantly notifying me to wave at people. I found it annoying so I took it off.  Now I know why it wanted me to wave at people.  

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife has a Facebook account but I refuse.  She keeps track of family and friends.  Me, I've been disowned by my family and have no friends (not counting my wife's family).