Debp

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  52
  • Topic Count:  1,021
  • Topics Per Day:  0.15
  • Content Count:  12,321
  • Content Per Day:  1.80
  • Days Won:  92

This is an amazing ministry on our skid row in Los Angeles.   The pastor is a former rapper.   He's done this for thirteen years now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • This is Worthy 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Debp said:

This is an amazing ministry on our skid row in Los Angeles.

The rest of the story.
Not radical enough to rate the six o'clock "news".
He can't fix the world, but he can/does preach Jesus.
A breath of fresh air post.
Thanks Debp.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  24,683
  • Content Per Day:  5.76
  • Days Won:  161
  • Birthday:  01/30/1985

In tears. This is the kind of thing I long to do. I just don't want to do it alone.  I have learned recently that church is neither an event nor a building. It is quite a shift to make. And I think the circumstances has made me realise this even more.  I don't "go to church." Church doesn't begin and end when we sang a few songs heard a message and prayed nice prayers. Church is who we are. The body of believers, representing God on earth as ambassadors. And what kind of ambassador am I. What is the point of our gatherings if I go home afterwards  and stay exactly the same. I can't do anything on my own. But if I stand with fellow believers and reach out  to those in need, we can do so much good. I love this. 

This also reminds me of Doctors Without Borders who is doing amazing work in Africa 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Loved it! 1

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,252
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, Henry_iain said:

In tears. This is the kind of thing I long to do. I just don't want to do it alone.  I have learned recently that church is neither an event nor a building. It is quite a shift to make. And I think the circumstances has made me realise this even more.  I don't "go to church." Church doesn't begin and end when we sang a few songs heard a message and prayed nice prayers. Church is who we are. The body of believers, representing God on earth as ambassadors. And what kind of ambassador am I. What is the point of our gatherings if I go home afterwards  and stay exactly the same. I can't do anything on my own. But if I stand with fellow believers and reach out  to those in need, we can do so much good. I love this. 

This also reminds me of Doctors Without Borders who is doing amazing work in Africa 

default_thumbsup.gif.a02045f9430281cad040a4a0797fe6b3.gif

"They that sow in tears shall reap in joy"

A burden for the lost.
99% of the saved received the word of life from some faithful brother/sister with this burden.

I assemble regularly with other believers at our church.
I witnessed many spiritual births going on visitations with my pastor and others.
I realized I needed to share this good news with the lost and dying world.
I assumed all believers did, but discovered very few actually do.
A pew sitter professing salvation knows enough scripture to lead the lost to an understanding enough to call upon the Lord.
There is strength in numbers according to scripture. No, I agree, the building is not the body of called out ones.
Just a place to assemble, to come together as family. Better to go out and share the gospel two by two.
I am blessed to have a Christian family I can study together with, fellowship, pray, laugh and cry together with.
It is where I received the importance, the command, of sharing the good news.

In tears. This is the kind of thing I long to do. I just don't want to do it alone. 

I would pray to God to send you a like minded  partner and get enthused together.
Many hearing your good news  will just walk away and not listen, but the seeds were planted.
Then it's in God's hands.

• Loved it! 2

10 hours ago, Sower said:

The rest of the story.
Not radical enough to rate the six o'clock "news".
He can't fix the world, but he can/does preach Jesus.
A breath of fresh air post.
Thanks Debp.

You're quite welcome!

I first heard about the pastor and the church without walls while watching secular PBS.    And what amazes me, is that they regularly replay a short video about the church!   I can't tell you how many times I've seen the video on PBS.   Apparently, someone who saw the pastor on skid row nominated him for a local hero award.

P.S.  I also started a topic on the church without walls in General Discussion.   That topic has some photographs.   @Sower @Henry_iain

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/257160-the-church-without-walls/?tab=comments#comment-3268670

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  39
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  204
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0

Do you have a soulwinning ministry? I buy tracts and then I distribute them in different places. The gospel does go out, but I have no idea if it gets read or if people even take it seriously.

Edited by JacquelineDeane55