IGNORED

Will one unforgiven sin send you to hell?

Ineedhugs

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

I think yes. Billy graham said in one of his sermons that one unforgiven sin and your blocked from heaven if you die, which means hell. Bill Wiese who spent 23 minutes in hell also says that. I agree with them because i think that the bible pretty much agrees with this. Alot of people think that God wouldn't be that strict because he's a God of love but repentance means 'to turn from your sins' which implies all of them right? Also, hebrews 10:26 says that if we deliberately go on sinning after we receive Christ then there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins and you can only expect judgement. Jesus said 'Many are called, but few are chosen' and 'few walk on the narrow road which leads to life'. Doesn't that mean the bar to heaven is really high?

Also, in the law moses gave the Israelites, God said that 'he who sins deliberately is to be cut off from Israel, he has broken my covenant' and even if you accidently sin, your still guilty and must make a sacrifice. 

All these things make me think you must confess and repents of ALL sins to enter heaven. Also, i think spreading the gospel and tithing are common sense too. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  2,408
  • Content Per Day:  1.40

I agree with @Justin Adams, the bible clearly states that Jesus died to take the punishment for all of our sins.   Jesus death and resurrection are a free gift, they would not be free if you had to earn the benefits constantly.    

God bless.

Edited by IloveyouGod.
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Well Said! 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,468
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

I agree with both the above.

• Well Said! 2

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  462
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

If you stay close to Jesus, these question do not arise. If you sin, turn to Him, ask for forgiveness and repent. What's important is to live a life of repentance. An orientation toward that, trust Jesus to save you despite your imperfection.

If, having once turned to Jesus, you choose a life of unrepentance and never return. Then you probably are lost. Best thing - stay close to Jesus. And then, as I said, these matters do not arise.

• Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  358
  • Content Per Day:  0.24

Jesus didn't die on a cross to forgive some sins.  He died on a cross to forgive all sins, past, present and future.

1 Jno 1:8

If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.  If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.  If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

Where are all these perfect sinless people?  I have never met one.  Only Jesus was perfect, which is precisely why his substitutionary sacrifice for the sins of all mankind was efficacious.  He was the only one who could take away the sins of the world, because he had no sins to die for.

Don't forget what sin is.  It is not just breaking the ten commandents.  It is anything displeasing to God.  It is every idle word and thought before it even becomes action.  It is anything that falls short of the perfect will of God.  In other words it is anything that falls short of the perfect man, Jesus.

I am a sinner.  I am forgiven.  I am because of I AM.  I am because Jesus was, is, and ever shall be.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

11 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

All these things make me think you must confess and repents of ALL sins to enter heaven. Also, i think spreading the gospel and tithing are common sense too. 

What you are saying is absolutely and 100% impossible.

NO one can remember or even be aware of 100% of their sin.  What if a person is saved at the age of 52?  Do you think they can remember every lie?  Every wicked thought?  Every sin?

No....and even people saved as children cannot be aware of every single sin in their lives.  

Every Christian on the face of the earth will go to heaven with unconfessed sin.

We should literally confess all that we can - individually and by name.  And we should pray for God to make us acutely aware of even the "smallest" sins [even though there are no small sins to God].

Neither our hearts nor our minds are perfect.  Christ died for our sins.  We confess them and forsake them.  But that is NOT a perfect process for us.

• Thumbs Up 3

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

:) praise God no and that is not written. Well just think about it. How many believers before Christ and after KNEW when they were going to die? All prayed up were they? Forgave ALL before they died? Repented of ever sin? We REALLY need to over our self aka MAN. We can not save our selfs by anything we do. We are going to have to give EVERYTHING over to Christ and trust have faith in Him that what HE did was enough and that God is faithful to what Christ did. Its HIS righteousness not ours.

I really have no clue how not forgiving others = lose your salvation. That is not even written its speculation aka added to the word of God.

OH hebrews 10:26 ..there is SO much to that verse but lets make it simple. Say I was listing to this man talk about Jesus how He died for me.. took my sins upon Himself and I believed what that man was saying.. I knew it was true.. but went on deliberately sinning after acquiring the truth......do you see? There were even Jews that were saved would sin and then go try to offer a sacrifice for that sin. HE told them.. there is no more sacrifice for that sin. Christ can not die again. Doing that offer put Christ to open shame. <---this is what Heb 10:26 is talking about.

I could keep going. If you think for one second you never willingly sin then you have deceived your self. The difference is.. in you you feel awful.. you feel guilty that is not of God and you WANT to repent. Those that go on willingly sinning do not repent. Do we ever read about AFTER we are saved to put off the OLD MAN and put on the new man? Yeah because the old man is FLESH and we walk in it 24/7. It has not been changed YET. So we ALL till we are changed to be as HE IS..well have problems with SIN! Flesh LOVES to sin. So...if you sin repent get it right and keep going praise GOD glory to JESUS

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

21 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

Bill Wiese who spent 23 minutes in hell also says that.

Do you realize that Bill Wiese is claiming to be a time traveler?

• Followers:  1
  • Content Count:  304
  • Content Per Day:  0.19

21 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

I think yes. Billy graham said in one of his sermons that one unforgiven sin and your blocked from heaven if you die, which means hell. Bill Wiese who spent 23 minutes in hell also says that. I agree with them because i think that the bible pretty much agrees with this. Alot of people think that God wouldn't be that strict because he's a God of love but repentance means 'to turn from your sins' which implies all of them right? Also, hebrews 10:26 says that if we deliberately go on sinning after we receive Christ then there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins and you can only expect judgement. Jesus said 'Many are called, but few are chosen' and 'few walk on the narrow road which leads to life'. Doesn't that mean the bar to heaven is really high?

Also, in the law moses gave the Israelites, God said that 'he who sins deliberately is to be cut off from Israel, he has broken my covenant' and even if you accidently sin, your still guilty and must make a sacrifice. 

Will one unforgiven sin send you to hell?
Depending what you truly mean by an unforgiven sin.
Point is, one sin will send you to hell. Sin is a very serious matter to our Holy and Righteous God.
So, by one sin, we are already condemned to hell. It is that serious.

How are our sins forgiven? Not only by repenting. It is only by faith in Jesus Christ.
Once someone truly put their trust in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, God will give us the Helper, the Holy Spirit.
We are marked by the Holy Spirit, our sins are forgiven.

hebrews 10:26 says that if we deliberately go on sinning after we receive Christ then there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins and you can only expect judgement.
My understanding is. God says if someone who identifies himself as a christian and still deliverately keep on sinning without any conviction of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is clearly not in that person, thus that person is not forgiven at all to begin with, because his faith was not genuine faith. Or he put his faith in a fake christ.

even if you accidently sin, your still guilty and must make a sacrifice. 
Can a true born again believer sin? Yes. And here it says a sacrifice must be made.
Who is the perfect Lamb? Who is the sacrifice sufficient for all who has genuine faith in Him?
Do you believe that?
Is this a license to sin? Only a false believer would say yes. A true believer will not believe in vain. True faith comes with repentance, gratefulness, good works and fruits of the Spirit.

Ephesians 2:8-9 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast.

Edited by Wesley L
  • Thumbs Up 1