IGNORED

Will one unforgiven sin send you to hell?

Ineedhugs

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  450
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  1

When a believer first come to Jesus and repent for their past sins that is a general since of all sins committed.

Problem I have is the thoughts of some here is if I read it right, is that you are already forgiven of your future sins. I disagree.

I think we can sin an unforgiveable sin in the future. Like for instance blaspheme the Holy Ghost.

Since some belief is, you can never live above sin anyway, I can see how it is understood you will have to be forgiven because its the only way it can work.

Since there is people in heaven and nobody ever lived above sin, having sin in your life is not a real problem keeping us from going also.

Seem to be its never discuss about changing  not to sin, but that sin jut is a thing that exist in us and we can't stop it.

Since sin in us is stronger than Jesus in us, we will sin continually in this flesh house. (flesh is stronger ?)

So future sin is forgiven no matter what because Jesus forgive us who we are and what we are, it doesn't matter.

So when we go to heaven we are a different person, brand new, no past sinful experiences because it's washed away not to be remembered.

Our mind is new, we began a new life as a child.

Well anyway I don't see it like I wrote here.

I do think we should repent when we sin, its saying something about your heart toward God.

He did tell the churches in Revelation to repent, so it is important.

Edited by Bible_Gazer

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  25
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  9,605
  • Content Per Day:  3.97
  • Days Won:  21

28 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

I think we can sin an unforgiveable sin in the future. Like for instance blaspheme the Holy Ghost.

This is perhaps the most tricky of the lot.

If someone says a truth, and someone else plays the 'heresy card', is that not sailing very close to the unforgivable sin against the Holy Spirit of God??

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  158
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  1,915
  • Content Per Day:  0.80
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, Bible_Gazer said:

When a believer first come to Jesus and repent for their past sins that is a general since of all sins committed.

Problem I have is the thoughts of some here is if I read it right, is that you are already forgiven of your future sins. I disagree.

Since some belief is, you can never live above sin anyway, I can see how it is understood you will have to be forgiven because its the only way it can work.

Since there is people in heaven and nobody ever lived above sin, having sin in your life is not a real problem keeping us from going also.

Seem to be its never discuss about changing  not to sin, but that sin jut is a thing that exist in us and we can't stop it.

Since sin in us is stronger than Jesus in us, we will sin continually in this flesh house. (flesh is stronger ?)

So future sin is forgiven no matter what because Jesus forgive us who we are and what we are, it doesn't matter.

So when we go to heaven we are a different person, brand new, no past sinful experiences because it's washed away not to be remembered.

Our mind is new, we began a new life as a child.

Well anyway I don't see like wrote here.

I do think we should repent when we sin, its saying something about your heart toward God.

He did tell the churches in Revelation to repent, so it is important.

I agree with this post. We should pray everyday for forgiveness of sin. We should not take sin lightly before or after the cross. Its not a question of one sin. Its a question of why  you  came to Jesus in the first place

Edited by Mike Mclees

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  11,053
  • Content Per Day:  6.54
  • Days Won:  36
  • Birthday:  01/09/1956

Can a man save himself?

Once saved, what can a man do to stay saved? Does he somehow have an ability to undo what God has done?

This sets up an absurdity...Eternal Life is a Gift and a very real thing. To be 'In Christ' is a work only God can do and a man has no more power to get into Christ than he does to get out of Christ.

You have to understand the work of the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension...it is a matter of history. Your history, if you are 'In Christ'.

It is all about the work of Christ according to the Father's will. Not by your will, the flesh or effort of any kind. Grace via the Gift of Faith.

While you were a sinner--He did this for you. He made you 'Alive'. These things are not some mythical semantic, but rather actual events in time. Your life is hidden with Christ in God.

• Well Said! 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  15
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,371
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Days Won:  5

6 hours ago, Alive said:

Can a man save himself?

Once saved, what can a man do to stay saved? Does he somehow have an ability to undo what God has done?

This sets up an absurdity...Eternal Life is a Gift and a very real thing. To be 'In Christ' is a work only God can do and a man has no more power to get into Christ than he does to get out of Christ.

You have to understand the work of the Cross, Resurrection and Ascension...it is a matter of history. Your history, if you are 'In Christ'.

It is all about the work of Christ according to the Father's will. Not by your will, the flesh or effort of any kind. Grace via the Gift of Faith.

While you were a sinner--He did this for you. He made you 'Alive'. These things are not some mythical semantic, but rather actual events in time. Your life is hidden with Christ in God.

In all honesty I would have to consider this to be man's reasoning.  I agree that only Christ has the power to enter a soul and save it.....but by the same token He has the power to leave it if the Spirit is grieved badly enough.  I consider that we need a good balance of all the truths of the bible, the warnings and admonitions against falling away and sinning, as well as the reassurances and encouragements.  Fathers, bring up your children in both the nurture as well as the admonition of the Lord.   We are told to run the race so as to win it, ie, with a whole heart.  "Pray that ye may be accounted worthy to escape", presupposes that it isn't really assumed that we will be....we bear the responsibility for our own walk.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

On 8/28/2020 at 7:45 AM, Ineedhugs said:

I think yes. Billy graham said in one of his sermons that one unforgiven sin and your blocked from heaven if you die, which means hell. Bill Wiese who spent 23 minutes in hell also says that. I agree with them because i think that the bible pretty much agrees with this. Alot of people think that God wouldn't be that strict because he's a God of love but repentance means 'to turn from your sins' which implies all of them right? Also, hebrews 10:26 says that if we deliberately go on sinning after we receive Christ then there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins and you can only expect judgement. Jesus said 'Many are called, but few are chosen' and 'few walk on the narrow road which leads to life'. Doesn't that mean the bar to heaven is really high?

Also, in the law moses gave the Israelites, God said that 'he who sins deliberately is to be cut off from Israel, he has broken my covenant' and even if you accidently sin, your still guilty and must make a sacrifice. 

All these things make me think you must confess and repents of ALL sins to enter heaven. Also, i think spreading the gospel and tithing are common sense too. 

I will respond since you wrote this on my birthday...

Most Christians still believe the spirit of Christ makes their flesh spiritual. And this is why they believe their sins are forgiven when they are born again up to that point. Most of all of those same Christians believe they must run to God to confess and repent their new sins every time they sin after becoming a Christian. The belief is that you will either be lost, or on your way to hell, or at the very least God will not fellowship with you and He certainly will not answer your prayers if you are found with an unconfessed sin.

Such a concept would mean everybody would be on their way to hell because there is not a person on this earth who does not have either a known or an unknown unconfessed sin. Now if this new sin just means the loss of a relationship with God, which would include unanswered prayers. Then God would not have a single person on this earth qualified to receive an answer to prayer or to be able to fellowship with Him.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  103
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

21 minutes ago, Peterlag said:

I will respond since you wrote this on my birthday...

Most Christians still believe the spirit of Christ makes their flesh spiritual. And this is why they believe their sins are forgiven when they are born again up to that point. Most of all of those same Christians believe they must run to God to confess and repent their new sins every time they sin after becoming a Christian. The belief is that you will either be lost, or on your way to hell, or at the very least God will not fellowship with you and He certainly will not answer your prayers if you are found with an unconfessed sin.

Such a concept would mean everybody would be on their way to hell because there is not a person on this earth who does not have either a known or an unknown unconfessed sin. Now if this new sin just means the loss of a relationship with God, which would include unanswered prayers. Then God would not have a single person on this earth qualified to receive an answer to prayer or to be able to fellowship with Him.

Well Bill Wiese went to hell and met Jesus and he reckons one unforgiven sin and you go to hell. You might not believe Bill's testimony but i do. Check him out. Anyway, i think the bible does strongly imply that. For instance, repentance technically means to turn from a life of sin and follow God, not turn from most of your sins and she'll be right because God is so loving. Also, Jesus mentioned several times how hard it is to get into heaven.

He said 'many are called, but few are chosen'. Who are those that are called? Christians. He said few will be chosen. 

Jesus said narrow is the path to life and few find it.

Jesus advice to us was to 'strive to enter through the narrow door, because many will seek to enter and not be able'. Who are those who seek to enter? Christians. Again he says many christians will fail.

Jesus said on judgement day many will say to him 'didn't we cast out demons in your name, and heal in your name and do many miracles in your name' and Jesus will say 'depart from me, you workers of iniquity, i never knew you'. 

Jesus also said that if your hand causes you to sin, it would be better to cut it off than have two hands and go into hell. This says that if you sin you go to hell. 

But that doesn't mean if we sin we are damned. Like i said earlier. If you make a mistake and sin, then ask God to forgive you, apologise and try your best to repent. Then Jesus blood washes you clean. 

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.50

3 hours ago, Ineedhugs said:

Well Bill Wiese went to hell and met Jesus and he reckons one unforgiven sin and you go to hell. You might not believe Bill's testimony but i do. Check him out. Anyway, i think the bible does strongly imply that. For instance, repentance technically means to turn from a life of sin and follow God, not turn from most of your sins and she'll be right because God is so loving. Also, Jesus mentioned several times how hard it is to get into heaven.

He said 'many are called, but few are chosen'. Who are those that are called? Christians. He said few will be chosen. 

Jesus said narrow is the path to life and few find it.

Jesus advice to us was to 'strive to enter through the narrow door, because many will seek to enter and not be able'. Who are those who seek to enter? Christians. Again he says many christians will fail.

Jesus said on judgement day many will say to him 'didn't we cast out demons in your name, and heal in your name and do many miracles in your name' and Jesus will say 'depart from me, you workers of iniquity, i never knew you'. 

Jesus also said that if your hand causes you to sin, it would be better to cut it off than have two hands and go into hell. This says that if you sin you go to hell. 

But that doesn't mean if we sin we are damned. Like i said earlier. If you make a mistake and sin, then ask God to forgive you, apologise and try your best to repent. Then Jesus blood washes you clean. 

I don't see what you see. I have a post called "My take on sin" where I shared much of what I know about sin.

Edited by Peterlag

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

17 hours ago, Bible_Gazer said:

Jesus said: "It is finished" long before I was born. He still has to do His finished work in my life. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1

Scripture teaches us that Christ fully deals with sin at 4 levels:

(1)

When we repent and place our faith in Him, He removes the sinful condition that caused us to be spiritually dead. We are made spiritually alive in Christ and are saved from God's wrath.

By His perfect sacrifice Christ has saved us from God's righteous anger that was directed against the corrupted nature we inherited in Adam. By Christ's blood, and in response to our true faith, He has cancelled out God's penalty for Sin and appeased His holy judgement against us. "By nature" we were "children of wrath", but now in Him we have been brought from death to life (see Ephesians 2).

(2)

In Christ, at the moment of true faith and repentance, we also have forgiveness for every wrong thing we have done—without exception our past sins are forgiven and forgotten: "... the Lord Jesus Christ... gave himself for our sins to deliver us from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father" (Galatians 1:3, 4, ESV); "And you, who were dead in your trespasses... God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by cancelling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross" Colossians 2:13, 14, ESV); "’...their sins and their lawless deeds I will remember no more’" (Hebrews 10:17, NKJV).

"For by the one offering He has perfected forever and completely cleansed those who are being sanctified [bringing each believer to spiritual completion and maturity]"(Hebrews 10:14 Amplified Bible).

(3)

Christ had dealt with our sinful nature and our many past sins, but in Him we also continue to find forgiveness when we fall into sin: "But if we walk in the Light as He Himself is in the Light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus His Son cleanses us from all sin. If we say that we have no sin, we are deceiving ourselves and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" (1st John 1:7-9, NASB).

(4)

To help us defeat sin in our walk, He goes further and provides a way for us to resist the power of sin. When we abide in Him and walk in the Spirit we will be equipped to rise above the destructive impulses of our fallen character.

When we live like this, walking with Him, our godless characteristics will weaken and fail. Instead of getting tangled up in the inclinations of our old ways—your fallen nature—we will be able to enjoy the “fruit of the Spirit”. These fruit are the characteristics Christ longs to see in our lives: love, gladness, peace, patience, an even temper, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, meekness, humility, self-control and self-restraint, not getting drunk, having moral backbone.

There is another way in which we can be strengthened to resist and overcome sinful behaviour. We can fellowship with one another and offer encouragement and warnings based on Scripture. Those with clean hands and a pure heart can pray for those who are struggling.

The battle against sin and our human nature is ongoing. In this life we will never be totally detached from the nature of sin we inherited. But in Christ we can claim all that He has provided. By the Spirit we can continually put to death the corrupting impulses of the flesh. "...for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live" (Romans 8:13, NASB).

Edited by Speks
Clarity