• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  2,242
  • Topics Per Day:  0.50
  • Content Count:  4,367
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  04/11/1947

23 hours ago, Peterlag said:

We have the power within us of unlimited potential, and we can reach forth with the touch of the Master’s hand because he is in us—inside our being. And this is why wherever we are with God in Christ in us, we will have that same radiance, that same light, and that same life, which has magnified the Christ to shine. Not because of who we are, but because of what God made us to be when He created in Christ Jesus. God’s seed in us, also known as the gift of holy spirit, is our connection to God, who is the Holy Spirit. The gift of holy spirit is our power base because of our connection to Christ.

Amen! Great post, also that: Colossians 1:27 27To whom God would make known what is the riches of the glory of this mystery among the Gentiles; which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

John 14:26 26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Romans 8:9 9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Love, Walter

• Praise God! 2

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  27
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  673
  • Content Per Day:  0.49
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Alive said:

What is this about? Could you explain, please?

Thank you.

I was having a conversation with a few folks over using the King James Bible and then lo and behold I came to my responses and could not answer. This software said no further comments will be allowed.

6 hours ago, OneLight said:

What site shut you down?  I looked for a link to another site and couldn't find one.

It was not my post and I can't find it either. It was a post asking if you are a King James only person.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,144
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

There are things which prove to be difficult for some to understand. We are saved by believing Christ whom our Father has sent, justified by the faith of the Son of God who is our advocate with the Father, and sanctified by His Holy Spirit who conforms us to the image of Christ from glory to glory. The scriptures testify that Jesus, whom our Father has given all power, authority, glory and majesty, was slain and rose from the dead, ascending to sit with our Father upon His throne.

Here is the faith of Christ: before the Lord was crucified He prayed to our Father that we might be one with Him as He is one with the Father, and that as we are one with God we would also be one with each other. Furthermore Christ said that the glory which our Father had given to Him He in turn gives to us. Though the Son of God left this world to prepare a place for us, He promised to be with us always and so He sent God's Spirit to dwell with us forever.

As God dwells in us, we also dwell in Him. This is the fulfillment of the faith of Jesus Christ who not only created everything seen and unseen, but chose us before all things were made. :)  

• Praise God! 1

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  241
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

13 hours ago, Peterlag said:

The folks running the site shut us down. Said we could no longer write to each other. No further comments allowed. Now why would they do that?

It's the prerogative of moderators to step in if posts become too antagonistic. Here on Worthy Christian Forums if they are not purged altogether repeat offenders are consigned to Mars Hill. What starts as nitpicking ends up being a brawl sometimes so little wonder moderators move to put restraints in place. 

Anyway, back to the topic, regarding the faith of Jesus, this verse settles the matter when He commends the ekklesia in Pergamos by saying they have not denied "my faith".  

Rev 2:12-13  And to the angel of the ekklesia in Pergamos write; These things says he which has the sharp sword with two edges;  (13)  I know your works, and where you dwell, even where Satan's seat is: and you hold fast my name, and have not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas was my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwells.

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

6 hours ago, Speks said:

Why "of" rather than "in"?

Why either? In the Greek, there is no punctuation (someone mentioned commas) and there is only the word Christ, with no in, of, from or about, it is just "faith Christ"

English does not work like that so we want some other part of speach added, such as a pronoun. Faith from Christ might work, since He is the source to faith and the subject of faith.

It all sort of missed the point of the context though, to get overly nit-picky about word choice that translators use to make a translation readable to English readers. The point of the passage is, that we are justified by or through faith, no works.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  57
  • Topic Count:  1,546
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  10,320
  • Content Per Day:  1.41
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  11/05/1951

20 minutes ago, Michael37 said:

t's the prerogative of moderators to step in if posts become too antagonistic. Here on Worthy Christian Forums if they are not purged altogether repeat offenders are consigned to Mars Hill. What starts as nitpicking ends up being a brawl sometimes so little wonder moderators move to put restraints in place. 

Exactly! It is about respect, decency, order, not free-for-alls of egos, emotions and the need to be right or smarter, or even more "sanctified" than others. The guidelines are not complex, not burdensome, they merely require treating others with maturity!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Well Said! 1
  • Thanks 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,731
  • Content Per Day:  3.55
  • Days Won:  12

4 hours ago, Peterlag said:

It was not my post and I can't find it either. It was a post asking if you are a King James only person.

I suspect that it was the following closed thread.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/257058-a-discussion-of-bible-translations/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  192
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/4/2020 at 11:05 PM, Omegaman 3.0 said:

Why either? In the Greek, there is no punctuation (someone mentioned commas) and there is only the word Christ, with no in, of, from or about, it is just "faith Christ"

English does not work like that so we want some other part of speach added, such as a pronoun. Faith from Christ might work, since He is the source to faith and the subject of faith.

It all sort of missed the point of the context though, to get overly nit-picky about word choice that translators use to make a translation readable to English readers. The point of the passage is, that we are justified by or through faith, no works.

Hello Omegaman. I hope you're keeping well? This is my opinion on this, but I'm not a Greek scholar!  :laugh:  So if I'm in error please let me know.

The uniformly authoritative scholarly approach to translating NT Greek into English in the relevant verses above, is to include "in" to best complete the sense of the original. As I understand it, the accepted sense here in Greek construction requires quality translations to include "in". ("Of" is unhelpful.)

For example, a literal translation of Galatians 2:16a might read, "not is justified a man by works of law if not through faith Christ from Jesus". The best qualified teams of translators will here choose to include the word "in" to complete the sense in English. But it's interesting that "by the faithfulness of Jesus Christ" is one alternative reading that carries less weight (see link below).

My question was really to do with the legitimacy of drawing attention to "of" — which doesn't complete the overall contextual sense in modern English — when "in" does.

https://www.worthychristianforums.com/topic/257479-pistis-christou-—-in-or-of/

Edited by Speks
Correction and link

9 hours ago, David1701 said:

Okay thanks... so how does a thread get closed? Too many responses? Out there too long? Someone did not like how it was going? The one who started it ended it? What?