• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  775
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,953
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/5/2020 at 1:55 PM, Melinda12 said:

LGBT teaching as part of sex education is now compulsory. For under 11's. Small children are being taught about having same sex parents, shown pictures of couples in various 'positions', about being born in the wrong gender, being gay etc. Even - excuse me (i find it hard to even say this) but oral and anal sex is being told about! Drag Queens are booked to come explain to the children. Many parents are outraged at the effects of all this on young innocent minds. So home schooling is being planned alongside protests. This lady is so upset. Muslims especially get very irate. 

I can understand it. I see the devil's hand in such confusion. I agree it is unwholesome and plain wrong. Children could be confused and traumatised for life. I remember being taught normal sex education at age about 10, including a video of a woman giving birth - i was horrified and that was normal! My little mind was amazed at why on earth anyone would do such things. It is hard enough to comprehend at that age. 

Sex education is a very difficult subject. Information is important yes, but at what age and how to impart it is very vital. What of love, respect and moral principles? What of marriage and the place of sex within that relationship? 

It is interesting to note that this lady told me parents of all faiths and even atheists have joined together in the name of decency and mutual concern for their children. This is goodness overcoming evil. Children belong to us all. How they are treated is a reflection of the health and soundness of a country, morality first. 

Do u hv the link to this, its important.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

Here in Michigan at a local school a Christian friend of mine was allowed to speak in a comparative religion class.  She was allowed to share the gospel.   Pray for those children please.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  43
  • Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.91
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

1 hour ago, Daniel Marsh said:

Here in Michigan at a local school a Christian friend of mine was allowed to speak in a comparative religion class.  She was allowed to share the gospel.   Pray for those children please.

During my junior year (grade 11) in highschool, an implemented program created for one year came into our local branch called, "The Bible As Literature". Our English teacher confessed herself as a born-again Christian and stated firmly, "I cannot speak openly of my faith or standpoint in Christ." This was a disclaimer of sorts. Many Hippie kids, myself included, soon to become a "Jesus Freak", took this class.

We studied primarily through the Old Testament as 'possible myth' but we were given open opportunity for giving our personal beliefs, whether we felt God's word was true or not. Most of us believed it, of course. One really cool thing we did do was take a field trip to temple (a synagogue) up in the city and we were all invited up to the holy place. The scrolls of Isaiah were there and opened for us to see and view them. Wow. Totally awesome!

It was in handwritten Hebrew, naturally. The Rabbi said this was the first time Gentiles including females were allowed up to the holy place to see this most sacred thing. Man, let me tell you this was a real blessing and a thrill to me personally. In closure, all my other Hippie buddies, guys and gals, all got saved and born again over the coming years. Two became ordained ministers of the gospel. Praise God! That's testimony! 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  126
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  2,090
  • Content Per Day:  0.57
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/15/1956

A way I got around that was to play someone else's  testimony in sharing Jesus.   Naturally,  I picked really poor examples for other religions.   One of the courses I taught at all levels was history of religions.