• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,405
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/14/1951

4 minutes ago, JohnR7 said:

If you add 70 years to 1967 that gives you 2037.

True

That would be the beginning of the 8th day.

Some see it that way, but I don't believe that everything is revolving around that theory.

That year is the beginning of a new presidential term. If you add 70 to 1967 = 2018 is when Trump moved the embassy to Jerusalem to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. 

Who calls Jerusalem the capitol or where the embassy of the U.S. is, is not shown in the Bible and is not at all relevant.

The restoration of military control to the entire city of Jerusalem by Israel is the event that is shown in the Bible. Lk 21:20-24, 24, and is a key reference point. (1967)

• Group:  Diamond Member

23 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

That actually makes sense.  Do you have a link to this teaching or timeline. 

There is no website, no group, or denomination, just me.

The way most are teaching does not make sense at all and has a massive missing time gap.

Yes, the "gap" after 70 AD doesn't exist in prophecy.

There is tribulation at the 70 AD destruction, then "great tribulation", after the 70 AD destruction, where Israel is pursued by the Roman beast into the gentile nations, until Israel is restored to Jerusalem.

Messiah is cut off at 63 weeks of Daniel's 70 weeks leaving only 7 weeks left till desolation but here we are almost 2000 years later.   

Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy. Know therefore and understand, [that] from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince [shall be] seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times. And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof [shall be] with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined. And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make [it] desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate. - Dan 9:24-27 KJV 

Well, the Messiah comes after 69 weeks, at the beginning of the 70th week. Jesus begins His ministry after the 69 weeks are over.

The first seven weeks are not mentioned the second time, they are assumed to be understood as included.

The 70th week starts when Jesus begins His ministry.

He confirms the covenant with Israel by His death, resurrection, and the beginning of the new covenant on Pentecost.

The 70th week ends when Israel rejects the new gospel covenant and the unbelieving branches are broken off. 37 AD

That ends the 70th week.

Edited by abcdef

• Group:  Servant
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  244
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  7,000
  • Content Per Day:  3.28
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/23/1954

On 9/10/2020 at 9:31 AM, JohnR7 said:

I want scripture and I want to know what the Bible says. 

It says there will be a false prophet calling the shots. Do you know what is false about him?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

5 hours ago, abcdef said:

The restoration of military control to the entire city of Jerusalem by Israel is the event that is shown in the Bible. Lk 21:20-24, 24, and is a key reference point.

That is the Battle of Armageddon. Isaiah 66:24 talks about that: "And they will go out and look on the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; the worms that eat them will not die, the fire that burns them will not be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."

• Topic Count:  75
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

12 hours ago, abcdef said:

The first 3 1/2 times are from Babylon until 70 AD. Dan. 12:7. The angel says that it will be 3 1/2 times from the captivity in Babylon, until the power of the holy people are scattered. 

The second 3 1/2 times is from 70 AD when Israel is scattered among the gentile nations, until Israel is restored to military control of Jerusalem. (1967, if you can digest it)

The Revelation centers on the second 3 1/2 times from 70 AD until Jerusalem is restored.

So you saying Daniel's 70 week ends at Pentecost.  I am not sure if I understand your timeline above if this is the case.  Daniel's 70 weeks starts with the rebuilding of the Temple and ends with the desolation/destruction of the Temple (70 AD).

57 minutes ago, Jedi4Yahweh said:

So you saying Daniel's 70 week ends at Pentecost.

No, the 70th week ends when Israel rejects the gospel kingdom, 37 AD, 7 years after Jesus begins His ministry, confirming the covenant.

The day of Pentecost is only half way through the 70th week.

I am not sure if I understand your timeline above if this is the case.  Daniel's 70 weeks starts with the rebuilding of the Temple and ends with the desolation/destruction of the Temple (70 AD).

The 70 AD destruction of Jerusalem is spoken about, but is not part of the 70 weeks time period.

The destruction of Jerusalem happens about 30 years after the 70 weeks end. 

Edited by abcdef

On 9/11/2020 at 8:06 AM, Jedi4Yahweh said:

So 

Understand? Yes/No?

• Followers:  14
  • Topic Count:  67
  • Content Count:  6,637
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  2

On 9/9/2020 at 3:31 PM, JohnR7 said:

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be". (Matthew 24:21) We also see this in Ezekiel 5:9, Daniel 12:1 & Joel 2:2 who tells us "such as never was of old, nor will ever be in ages to come".

The Great Tribulation that Jesus is talking about took place in 70 AD when the temple was tore down. We are told that not one stone will remain upon another. The Church age actually began in 29 AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching in the upper room. It was 40 years later that the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed. 

We know the church age is coming to an end. I just wonder how the Great Tribulation of 70 AD relates to us today?  There is just not that much in the way of scripture talking about a Great Trib. I know lots of pastors preach lots of stuff but I want scripture and I want to know what the Bible says. 

The great tribulation 'took place'? Are you saying it was the destruction of the Temple that was great tribulation? Or that and the scattering of Israel equals GT? 

I don't think I understand; You say the GT took place in 70 AD but you wonder if it relates to today. 

I have to wonder about the tribulations of the Jews in Germany. The Russian people under Lenin and Stalin. China under Mao. The Muslim conquests. Spanish Inquisition. And many others. It seems there may have been lots of 'great tribulation'. 

How is it you know 'great tribulation' happened in 70 AD?

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

5 hours ago, Diaste said:

The great tribulation 'took place'? Are you saying it was the destruction of the Temple that was great tribulation? Or that and the scattering of Israel equals GT? 

One is a shadow and a type of the other. They use the word paradigm or archetype. Everything God did with the "Jewish" nation He is now doing with the Gentiles. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  452
  • Content Per Day:  0.26

On 9/9/2020 at 4:31 PM, JohnR7 said:

For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be". (Matthew 24:21) We also see this in Ezekiel 5:9, Daniel 12:1 & Joel 2:2 who tells us "such as never was of old, nor will ever be in ages to come".

The Great Tribulation that Jesus is talking about took place in 70 AD when the temple was tore down. We are told that not one stone will remain upon another. The Church age actually began in 29 AD on the day of Pentecost when Peter was preaching in the upper room. It was 40 years later that the temple in Jerusalem was destroyed. 

We know the church age is coming to an end. I just wonder how the Great Tribulation of 70 AD relates to us today?  There is just not that much in the way of scripture talking about a Great Trib. I know lots of pastors preach lots of stuff but I want scripture and I want to know what the Bible says. 

The GT is future and involves the entire world. Not one war, one small town - that wasn't great. There were about 70,000 people in Jerusalem in 70 AD. There have been many wars that killed many more people than that. There were many millions killed in the flood. Wars and rumors of Wars, pestilence, famine, earthquakes in various locations were not a precursor to Jerusalem 70AD. 

We are NOW seeing the "beginning of sorrows" spoken about in Matthew 24. 2/3 of the planet (5 billion) will die during the GT. 

None of the things in Rev. 6 -22 have occurred with the possible exception of the rider on the white horse who goes out and conquers - who has a crown (corona) with him.