• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

4 hours ago, Deadworm said:

I am an avid Trump supporter.  But what saddens me is the irrational denial by my Republican friends that Biden's victory is inevitable.  This time the polls are consistent and reliable.   No last second anti-Hillary Comey memo will intervene to change that inevitability.  What saddens me even more is the real reason for Biden's inevitable victory--massive evangelical apathy.   For example, in the last election Trump would have won in my state, Washington, if evangelicals had all voted.  As usual, millions of evangelicals will stay at home on election day and this time that will cost Trump the White House.

Way, way to early to assume that Trump won't win. I am guessing that he will win. Hard for me to imagine, that as politically stupid as Americans are, that we are quite that stupid. I have to admit though that it is really strange, that anyone would think that Hillary, Biden, Bernie, AOC and others, should have a voice in American politics beyond their votes in the polls. The demonstrate a total lack of understanding and concern for what is good for America. It is odd to me, that anyone with an IQ over 70, would favor these people!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.28
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

5 hours ago, Starise said:

The swamp is actually a lake and it's full of piranhas. Plus, I imagine it can be tough to realize some of your friends are involved.

The river of life is just that a river. A swamp is stagnant water that could have been fresh clean water at one time but there is no outlet. Politicians have me-ism or payola syndrome. Even Hillary somehow managed to corrupt Biden with all of the money she was stuffing in her pockets selling weapons. Even when Bill was Governor Hillary was selling personal favors to whoever wanted to pay.  Do people really believe that Bill was getting paid all that money for speeches? Do people really believe that the people who wanted to do business with Hillary wanted to donate to her fund that he daughter gets paid a million dollars a year to "manage"? Perhaps Trump has had to pay a lot of payola over the years, so perhaps that is why he wants to put them out of business.  https://www.cnn.com/2016/02/05/politics/hillary-clinton-bill-clinton-paid-speeches/index.html

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,119
  • Content Per Day:  9.67
  • Days Won:  149

1 hour ago, JohnR7 said:

The river of life is just that a river. A swamp is stagnant water that could have been fresh clean water at one time but there is no outlet. Politicians have me-ism or payola syndrome. Even Hillary somehow managed to corrupt Biden with all of the money she was stuffing in her pockets selling weapons. Even when Bill was Governor Hillary was selling personal favors to whoever wanted to pay.  Do people really believe that Bill was getting paid all that money for speeches? Do people really believe that the people who wanted to do business with Hillary wanted to donate to her fund that he daughter gets paid a million dollars a year to "manage"? Perhaps Trump has had to pay a lot of payola over the years, so perhaps that is why he wants to put them out of business.  https://www.cnn.com/2016/02/05/politics/hillary-clinton-bill-clinton-paid-speeches/index.html

And that's just the beginning of the rabbit hole. Since I'm new I wanted to get started off on the right foot. Probably wasn't wisest thing to enter with political discussion, but alas, this is the true state of the world ;) Not just the USA. I know I've compacted the subject to beyond small here. Lots of people are living in some kind of denial me thinks. Others really believe a lot of the so called news that's dished out on a daily basis. Do I have any solutions? Personally I have nothing other than to say " Jesus". That's really the only answer. On a personal level His solution is permanent and based on love. The solution was His death as we all know. This is what He did. Now what do we do? Find the nearest recliner? I don't think it's quite that easy.

We are still living down here in something that a few deluded believe is getting better and better. I hate to break this to them. It's a cesspool. Our salvation is bought and paid for but the plane isn't in the airport yet. IOW our ticket out of here is often a slow painful process. Paul said , " To live is Christ, to die is gain".  Either way we come out on top.

Maybe politics as related to this particular line of thinking gives some people the feeling of control. No matter how minuscule it is. We have a vote. There  seems to be some enabling happening when we cheer a candidate. The same way a few feel when they root for their favorite sports teams. It makes us feel like we are a real part of something. Maybe enough hoorahs, social media posts and hanging with our team mates helps in that morale, until one side looses. Or , as a many others have done, jump on the hate wagon. Rightful vengeance or anarchy?

Strange times these......So many things are after our attention which then lead to things we begin to personally own. How much of it should we be concerned about in terms of worry and angst as Christians?  I see it like this- We are on a sinking ship ( speaking of this world)...eventually it's going to happen. I will be the best citizen I can be. Try to participate with what I am enabled to do....but it's still a sinking ship. We have a message but we can't change the minds of persons hellbent on self destruction and judgement. They will go down with the ship. We know that. It's sad. Maybe we can reach a few before it's too late. 

Edited by Starise

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Do I have any solutions?

I have a solution. God confused the languages at Babylon. The Bible was written before that so Hebrew is the perfect language. We need to learn and understand Hebrew. Even in Kindergarten before they start school students should learn the symbolic meaning of the Hebrew letters. A is for the head of the ox, B is for tent or dwelling, C is for camel or commerce, D is for door and so on. 

Our salvation is bought and paid

Jesus said: It is finished. But I had not even been born yet. So He still has to do His finished work in my life. He lived His life as an example for me to follow. Actually I worked as a carpenter - so I know how honest that is for a job. Esp compared the way a lot of people make money by ripping people for their own personal advantage.  Use to be we were to serve our community with a product or service and we were not to rip people off and price gouge them. That does not seem to be the way it is now a days. 

We are on a sinking ship

The church age is ending and the Kingdom age is beginning. I do not know how we are going to go from one to the next but this is an exciting time to be alive. People in the past and people in the future look upon this time that we are currently living in. This is when the kingdoms of this world are becoming the Kingdom of God. 

5 hours ago, Starise said:

Others really believe a lot of the so called news that's dished out on a daily basis.

I like to read peer reviewed science journals where they make an attempt to prove what they believe.  A lot of news today is blatantly bias.  Also a lot of it is just really bad journalism where they are too lazy to do their job. Reminds me of a designer once who would throw his drafting machine off of the board and just draw pretty pictures. This made it almost impossible to build because something exists in the imagination does not mean it exists or can be duplicated in the real world. At least today with the drafting software on the computer they are sort of forced to stay in the real world. The computer will not let them drift off into never never land like that. They should have a program for fake news that will shut their computer down. 

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  57
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,414
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

On 9/12/2020 at 1:52 PM, John Robinson said:

This isn't a slam on this site, nor on (most) of the people who post here, but I think my time here on Worthy is drawing to a close.

Don't ask me why, but the closer we get to this election, the more my spirit is getting disquieted. It's almost like I can feel the war going on the heavens, not just over America, but the entire world.

And at a time like this, when Christians should be pulling together, there are people here who are openly cheering political candidates that champion every dark practice the Bible condemns.

Am I oversensitive to this? Maybe. Probably. But as I approach my seventh decade, the idea of my having to pick up my gun and fight for this nation once more holds no appeal. But as I said, I've done it before, and if required, I'll do it again.

In the meantime, I'm weaning myself from most social media for the foreseeable future.

Peace

It's always sad when someone leaves the forum. I've been pretty absent from here myself these days but I've found this election pretty disheartening as well. Take care.