• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,659
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

Matthew 7:21–23 (AV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

• Thumbs Up 2

What exactly is the will of the Father?

John 6:29 (AV)
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 16:27 (AV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

• Thumbs Up 1

Romans 4:3 (AV)
3 For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness.

David believed and trusted God...

Acts 13:22 (AV)
22 And when he had removed him, he raised up unto them David to be their king; to whom also he gave testimony, and said, I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after mine own heart, which shall fulfil all my will.

Works, even under the Old Testament Law proved only to be futile.

James 2:10 (AV)
10 For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

Romans 3:10 (AV)
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:

1 Kings 8:46 (AV)
46 If they sin against thee, (for there is no man that sinneth not,) and thou be angry with them, and deliver them to the enemy, so that they carry them away captives unto the land of the enemy, far or near;

Isaiah 64:6 (AV)
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Galatians 3:24–25 (AV)
24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

The true dividing line between Old Testament and New / between Old Covenant and New is

NOT between Malachi 4 and Matthew 1

Hebrews 9:16–17 (AV)
16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.
17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

The Old Covenant (Old Testament) was fulfilled and the New Covenant (New Testament) began when Jesus Christ

died on the cross when:

1. the skies darkened

2. the earth shook

3. the rocks split

4. the veil in the temple was rent from top to bottom

Luke 22:20 (AV)
20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

1 Corinthians 11:25 (AV)
25 After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Acts 20:28 (AV)
28 Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, to feed the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

Clearly the New Covenant / New Testament was not in effect before the cross.

Jesus lived and died in the Old Testament.

Not understanding this places elements of Old Covenant Law

into New Testament Grace without most folks even realizing it.

The Sermon on the Mount, for example was the divine commentary

of Jesus Christ putting the teeth back into the Law that the religious leaders

had removed. Jesus was not making the burden for Christians even heavier

than it was for the Jews.

Matthew 11:30 (AV)
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

• Thumbs Up 1

Is the Jesus you thought you knew

a Jesus that makes it hard for people

to believe him / follow him?

Or is it the Jesus who...

Hebrews 4:15 (AV)
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

• Thumbs Up 1

Beware the traditions of man (which saturate the Church):

Mark 7:13 (AV)
13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Mark 7:7 (AV)
7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Matthew 7:21–23 (AV)
21 Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

John 6:29 (AV)
29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

John 16:27 (AV)
27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  777
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,955
  • Content Per Day:  3.05
  • Days Won:  1

22 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Is the Jesus you thought you knew

a Jesus that makes it hard for people

to believe him / follow him?

Or is it the Jesus who...

Hebrews 4:15 (AV)
15 For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.

Jesus speaks of the story of a good samaritan while the priest n the Levit did nothing to help humanity n just parroting verses at religious places. The same things now.

Edited by R. Hartono

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  68
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,235
  • Content Per Day:  1.35
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Thanks John! The word of GOD.. ALWAYS welcome. Yet not following what your trying to say other then just the Jesus you thought you knew.

Where I get lost? haha is at the start. You start this off with Math 7 which is the Judgement of the nations/sheep and goats. And for me its clear He comes sets foot on the earth (2nd coming) and gathers the nations that just came out of the great tribulation. The key words is not "the Jesus we thought we knew"but does He know us? Simple answer is yes. Well we didn't come to Him He came to us yes? So I am guessing right there He knew just who we were. Then we repent ALL the angels rejoice. We tell others about Christ at some point and Christ tells the Father about us. Are names are written in heaven in the lambs book.

So for me Christ is going to have to lie to say "I never knew you". He knows me. He said "never" those are people that were never saved. And its about how they treated the least of these my brethren. For some reason I always see "how you treated the least of these you treated me" The "my brethren" most of the time gets left out. See I am one of those "His brethren" as is anyone that repented and came to Christ. And I am in right standing right now with the Father aka "righteousness". I did nothing but believe on Yeshua the son of the living GOD!\

See Jesus also said "if you were blind you would have no sin. You say you see your sin remain". Hard for this righteous God to judge any on something they never heard. So seems your trying to put something (scriptures) in a place they were never meant to be. Anyway.. for me.. oh the sweet Holy Spirit.. Yeshu/Jesus.. and the Father.. are so real to me. I mean real. I have no fear of Matt 7. Its not about me. Not about the Church. Christ didn't talk to one Christian/Church person. And He didn't even die and rise PRAISE GOD AMEN.. He rose!

Why I say so many times.. Jesus is so real. more real then your best friend then your spouse your parents you children. Not a nice idea/thought. And any work I do.. its Him though me

• Well Said! 1
  • Praise God! 1