2 Questions on Demonic Possession

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

I believe they go where the caster tells them to go. I think casters must be sure to tell them lest they find another victim. I would cast them to the bottom of the sea to wait for judgment if I could. Here is the verse about the pigs-

“On that hill there was a big herd of pigs eating. The demons begged Jesus to allow them to go into the pigs. So he allowed them to do this.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭8:32‬ ‭

I believe people are demonically possessed when they speak and act extremely evil and constantly repeat themselves. I believe it includes speaking about using dung in hideous ways and speaking about killing and raping people. These are just my opinions and I don’t claim to be an expert.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  29
  • Topic Count:  598
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  56,129
  • Content Per Day:  7.56
  • Days Won:  271

They asked to go into the pigs so they could get to the water....   the demons move in water much easier than in the air....   and no I don't know why, that's just what they told me.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  52
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,323
  • Content Per Day:  1.07
  • Days Won:  5

Other one who is the “they” that told you? Just wondering, but the verse goes on to say-

“Then the demons came out of the man and went into the pigs. The herd of pigs ran down the hill into the lake, and all were drowned.”
‭‭Luke‬ ‭8:33‬ ‭

being drowned does not seem like they went there to move easier.

Edited by Hopefully

Guest kingdombrat

I believe I am dealing with someone possessed.   I have been blasted about God being a myth, thrown numerous examples of what so-called Christians have been caught wrongfully doing, this person can be somewhat happy 1 moment and completely off the wall irritated the very next, at times this person speaks about being depressed, sometimes speaks about committing suicide, and generally has a viewpoint they are the biggest victim and how the world just hates them.

But one of the biggest clues are from her 1 dog in particular.   She was in the other room and asked me to feed this dog.   I walked this dog to a certain area and had it locked in so I could quickly mix the kibble and feed her.  As I was turned from her and dishing kibble to the mixing bowl, this dog made a noise that was anything but a dog's noise.   When I turned to the dog, I could clearly see her mouth being stretched open against her will like something was trying to enter/exit.   I did not hesitate and I said firmly, I Rebuke you Demon in the Name of Yeshua and I command you to leave this dog alone NOW!   Immediately, like a stiff cold breeze just rushed past me I felt this thing leaving.   The dog's eyes just followed it and was looking behind me so I turned to see for myself.   There was a window and suddenly it was like this thing was outside the window in a shadow form.   But on the inside of the window, it was like the bottom hem of a dark cape and I watched it just slip through the glass and whatever it was just vanished.

So far, the woman has not spoken any differently like she is possessed, there have been no weird noises from her, nor has the environment she stays in seemed off, cold, gloomy.  I don't know if the thing I ordered to leave the dog was the thing who controlled her.   I did go around her home and placed Angels at every door, window, place where air flows like vents/etc.   But every day I go to help her, I am going believing that God is before me and if this is the day for that Spiritual Battle I am prepared.

Edited by kingdombrat

• 3 weeks later...

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

On 9/16/2020 at 7:31 AM, Open7 said:

Hi everyone,

1. How can you tell that someone is demonically possessed?

2. If a demon is cast out, where do they go? I know in the gospels they went in pigs, but then the pigs died, where do they go after that? Are we stuck with them until Jesus returns?

Thanks

Demons in the Gospels and Acts of the Apostles:
The primary context in which demons are found in the Gospels and the Acts of the Apostles is in relation to their negative and harmful effects on human beings. These include physical violence (e.g., Matt 8:28–33; Mark 5:2–5, Luke 4:34–36; Acts 8:7), muteness (Matt 9:32–33), blindness (Matt 12:22), torment (Matt 12:43–45; Luke 6:18; 11:24–26), and sickness (Acts 19:12).
In addition to these maladies, other conditions manifest themselves in those who are overtaken by demons or evil spirits. These include: self-destructive or isolating behaviors, insanity, sudden outbursts, convulsions, crying out, grinding teeth, foaming at the mouth, and becoming stiff (Matt 17:14–17; Mark 9:17–29; 5:1–20; Luke 9:39–43). Being a cutter of ones self (Dennis1209).
In the Gospels, the term “spirit” is often employed to designate demonic or unclean spirits (Mark 3:22, 30; 7:25–26). This is due in part to their habitation. Demons are associated with specific locations such as deserts, tombs, and desolate places (Mark 5:2; Luke 8:27; 11:24). These places were thought to make a person ritually unclean.

Seal, D. (2016). Demon. In J. D. Barry, D. Bomar, D. R. Brown, R. Klippenstein, D. Mangum, C. Sinclair Wolcott, … W. Widder (Eds.), The Lexham Bible Dictionary. Bellingham, WA: Lexham Press.

My Notes:

DAEMON—the Greek form, rendered “devil” in the Authorized Version of the New Testament. Daemons are spoken of as spiritual beings (Matt. 8:16; 10:1; 12:43–45) at enmity with God, and as having a certain power over man (James 2:19; Rev. 16:14). They recognize our Lord as the Son of God (Matt. 8:29; Luke 4:41). They belong to the number of those angels that “kept not their first estate,” “unclean spirits,” “fallen angels,” the angels of the devil (Matt. 25:41; Rev. 12:7–9). They are the “principalities and powers” against which we must “wrestle” (Eph. 6:12).

I highly suspect demons are the spirits of the hybrid offspring of Genesis 6:1-4; called the Nephilim [fallen ones]; that perished in Noah’s flood.

They work in numbers - Matt 12:45

They work as a team; they know the power of unity - Eph 6:12

Demons persecute - Rev 12:13

They prevent service - 1 Thess 2:18

Demons disturb the church - 2 Cor 2:10-11

They cause trouble - Judges 9:23

Cause selfishness and division in the church - James 3:13-16

Cause mental disorders - Luke 8:27-29

Cause irrational behavior - Luke 8:27-29

Cause suicidal mania - Mark 9:22

Inflict illness - Matt 9:33, Luke 13:11-16

Inflict physical harm - Acts 19:

Possess animals - Mark 5:13

Promote false doctrine - 1 Tim 4:1

Spirit behind False Prophets - 1 Kings 22:21-23

Influence nations - Isa 14:; Dan 10:13; Eze 28:; Rev 16:13-14 [geopolitical]

Possess unbelievers - Matt 9:32; Mark 6:13

Christians cannot be physically possessed by demons; as Jesus and the Holy Spirit reside within us. We can be deceived, tempted and tormented by them. We need to constantly wear the whole armor of God [Eph 6:11-18]

Believers are to exercise the responsibility of discerning truth from error. Demonic activity can and does enter churches. We must listen and evaluate carefully the message and the messenger against the infallible authority of scripture [1 John 4:1-3]

A Bible Search:

Daemon(s) [devils]. Demons; demon - zero occurrences.

Unclean spirits (10); first occurrence Matt. 10:1

Unclean spirit (13); first occurrence Zec. 13:2

Evil spirits (4); first occurrence Luke 7:21

Evil spirit (15); first occurrence Judges 9:23

Devil (57); first occurrence Matt. 4:1

Devils (105); first occurrence Leviticus 17:7

I found no occurrences that predate Noah's flood.

• Thumbs Up 1