Who me

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  1

That's fine if you believe that BLM should care about gangs, but the organization was built around the real and/or perceived injustice and prejudice of the police with respect to black citizens. It is their reason for existing. 

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,907
  • Content Per Day:  1.29
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/06/1952

6 hours ago, ReneeIW said:

How many people have been murdered by police this year? How many have been murdered by gang members? 

This is a media driven issue and they are the real devils.

The media use to put on a pretense of being honest. Now it seems like almost every time they cover up the truth. Even when you have people like Lester Sumrall. He maintains his integrity but the other reporters on that program do not make any attempt to follow his example. My dad was a stoic so I should understand. Still I wonder how people can report disasters and tragedies and seem to be unaffected by it all. 

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  157
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Birthday:  10/20/1967

Its tragic that someone has to die to raise awareness of an injustice but I was always taught, dont give the police a reason to put you on the ground and they won't put you on the ground. cant remember where ( and I should)  but I know in the bible we are told that if we obey the law, there will be no reason to hide from the law. Thats how I see it. 

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

On 9/19/2020 at 3:15 PM, teddyv said:

That's fine if you believe that BLM should care about gangs, but the organization was built around the real and/or perceived injustice and prejudice of the police with respect to black citizens. It is their reason for existing. 

If you are talking about the BLM.inc, then you are right to believe that they do not care about all black lives as their goal is to tear down our government.  The three founding members of BLM.inc are professed Marxist trained to cause rebellion and destroy the government we live under.  That is their goal behind the mask of the BLM movement.

If you are talking about what the rest of the people who think BLM means Black Lives Matter, then why would they not care about all black lives?  I'm a bit confused about your stance.  Which are you speaking of?

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  4,265
  • Content Per Day:  2.92
  • Days Won:  1

31 minutes ago, OneLight said:

If you are talking about the BLM.inc, then you are right to believe that they do not care about all black lives as their goal is to tear down our government.  The three founding members of BLM.inc are professed Marxist trained to cause rebellion and destroy the government we live under.  That is their goal behind the mask of the BLM movement.

If you are talking about what the rest of the people who think BLM means Black Lives Matter, then why would they not care about all black lives?  I'm a bit confused about your stance.  Which are you speaking of?

I have never heard of BLM.inc - is there a source on that?

• Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  1,294
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  31,762
  • Content Per Day:  5.23
  • Days Won:  115

27 minutes ago, teddyv said:

I have never heard of BLM.inc - is there a source on that?

That is what I call it because of the differences between what people who do think police brutality on blacks is out of hand and what they portray as the bases of their movement as trained Marxists.   If you want to know more, search for "A Short History of Black Lives Matter" on youtube.   It is an interview with Patrisse Cullors, one of the three co-founders of BLM movement.  They created a movement to make changes, which is almost always a good thing, but what changes are they trying to make is the question?  Doing the research about what the BLM protestors do and demand shows their ideals do not match up with protecting blacks from being abused by police, but much much more.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2020 at 7:06 AM, JohnR7 said:

I do not think police should have the right to kill people because they have a knife in their hand.

It may seem a strange thing for police to do, but any knife over 2 inches is indeed a lethal weapon. In our little Walmart in our small town, an 98 year old senior was killed by an 29 year old armed with a knife. The attack was stopped by an woman with an CPL license, but was too late, and the 98 year old man was killed. The killer was kept at gun-point until the police arrived, put in jail, and is under 2 million bond. Police are trained in situational tactics, and many times use non-lethal force, but an knife in the hand of an individual who is high on drugs many times will not be stopped by pepper spray or tasers, forcing police to use deadly force.

I agree with the rest of your post, but thought you might like to know more about the use of 'deadly force' by officers.

Ray . . .

1 hour ago, Ray12614 said:

I agree with the rest of your post, but thought you might like to know more about the use of 'deadly force' by officers.

I know plenty. I sold knives for over 20 years so I have thought about this subject way more than the average person does.  First of all no one should ever be shot in the back.  Just because someone has a knife in their hand does not mean you should kill them. It depends on what they are doing with that knife. Use to be police were trained with pop up targets to be able to identify when lethal force is needed and when it is not. In an instant they have to identify a situation. 

Although we have to take into consideration that a lot of these shooting were justified and the new media are telling people lies. They make it look like these so called victims are innocent when they are as guilty as can be. I think there are times when police should use non lethal force. You have to use risk assessment when lives are at stake. Does the risk outweigh the benefit. I think some good is coming out of this because the police are more cautious about the use of lethal force. Our choice is always to be for life and not death. 

I personally look forward to the day when we will no longer shed blood - when: "The wolf will live with the lamb, the leopard will lie down with the goat, the calf and the lion and the yearling together; and a little child will lead them." (Isaiah 11:16)

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  665
  • Content Per Day:  0.43

Me too. Well said. 

On 9/19/2020 at 12:11 PM, ReneeIW said:

How many people have been murdered by police this year?

Even if it was only one, that is one to many. They have a right to defend themselves but they should have some regard for human life. For example to have a license to kill because someone has a knife is absurd. To me that points out a serious problem with their training. The police in this city are well trained because the mayor took me serious when I said they needed to be well trained. But it is not like that everywhere. Small towns have a lot better control over this than large cities.