Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.”  … Winston Churchill

Appeasement is a political strategy of trying to pacify a potentially hostile nation in the hope of avoiding a war by often making concessions as a way of compromise. It is a term often applied to the diplomatic philosophy of Great Britain’s Prime Minister Neville Chamberlain in his efforts to prevent war with Italy and Germany prior to the Second World War. When the desires of your enemy are clear, and the threat is real and well established, there is nothing to be gained in trying to pacify your enemy through appeasement. The gap between light and darkness and the distance between right and wrong increases, and it is past compromise with evil that has weakened the foundation of that which is just, right, and good, and further appeasement will only weaken that which has already been compromised. At times, there is a need for diplomacy, and some compromise may be beneficial, but compromise with evil and appeasement with a known enemy is not the way unto victory. When truth and light compromise with lies and darkness the result is always the same, evil gains power and good is weakened. The policy of appeasement with a known enemy is the pathway to defeat.

At this time our greatest enemy is within our nation and not with other nations. We are at war with darkness and darkness seeks destruction of all that is good and just and does not seek compromise and does not seek peace. For those who desire peace at all costs will only be seen as weak by those of darkness. I pray for mercy upon our nation at this time but I do understand that there is a difference between seeking mercy and seeking peace. We must be Christian warriors ready to stand up for our religious freedoms and rights given unto us by God not by government.

• Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,079
  • Content Per Day:  9.76
  • Days Won:  149

Yes, we see this happening. We can pray. What else can we do? Vote for sure.

Edited by Starise

1 hour ago, Starise said:

Yes, we see this happening. We can pray. What else can we do? Vote for sure.

Yes, pray first of all. Pray for mighty things for we serve a Mighty God.  Yes, vote. Also do not be silent when silence is betrayal of what is good, just and holy. Set the example of walking in faith without fear. The prayers of a righteous man will accomplish much.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  137
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

6 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

“An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.”  … Winston Churchill

At this time our greatest enemy is within our nation and not with other nations. We are at war with darkness and darkness seeks destruction of all that is good and just and does not seek compromise and does not seek peace. For those who desire peace at all costs will only be seen as weak by those of darkness. I pray for mercy upon our nation at this time but I do understand that there is a difference between seeking mercy and seeking peace. We must be Christian warriors ready to stand up for our religious freedoms and rights given unto us by God not by government.

I’ve been praying for God’s hand in America to bring us to revival and to be a Christian nation. My fear is the growing secularization and other religions.  We read about this in the Old Testament when the Jews are no longer were honoring the true God. 
  TV shows and movies no longer have Christian values, but have values of a secular society. 

Sorry, a bit off-topic of your original entry. Love the Churchill quote, haven’t heard that one before. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  1

28 minutes ago, WayneS said:

Sorry, a bit off-topic of your original entry. Love the Churchill quote, haven’t heard that one before. 

I was curious about the quote and it looks to be a slightly modified variant of the original quote which did not use the word 'appeaser'. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  18
  • Topic Count:  347
  • Topics Per Day:  0.13
  • Content Count:  7,467
  • Content Per Day:  2.70
  • Days Won:  1

11 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

We fight the spiritual battle with our Eph. 6: defensive gear and offensive sword.

When the poll's become controlled, compromised and corrupt: If and when the oppressive dictatorship takes over, it's past time to act.

The sheep do this.

Under a Rock.jpg

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  65
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  2,216
  • Content Per Day:  1.36
  • Birthday:  03/25/1961

Hmm great man but.. I disagree. See I KNOW if I am feeding it? I am the 1st to get eaten haha.

Not sure what you mean (sorry song playing.. LOVE IT! Its always the words. song "Delivered by I am they. Ive been delivered. I found the truth and the truth set me free.. YES AMEN!!!)

So not sure what you mean our greatest enemy is within. Our enemy (Satan) does not just hate good. He hates anything everything God has made. Love Jesus or hate Jesus..he still kills steals and destroys. We do indeed (sing Feat. Russell Dickerson & Florida Georgia live. Makes me want to sing all about you... JESUS) need to know where the battle is and it is not with man as in flesh and blood. Fighting that as I see it you will be late for the party ever time. 

Did you know its written faith comes by HEARING and HEARING by the word of God. Did you know one of your men puts to flight a thousand, for the LORD your God is He who fights for you, just as He promised you. Did you know, how could one chase a thousand, And two put ten thousand to flight, Unless their Rock had sold them, And the LORD had surrendered them? Its His peace.. its His joy ...its His might.. its His armor. So be at peace. PRAY! Want to fight? Be in prayer.

18 hours ago, Josheb said:

What about being Christian rulers, priests, and lovers? Why is it so often "warriors" in neglect of all else scripture directs us to be?

Not sure I understand the question.

22 hours ago, Josheb said:

I read you do not understand the question. Can you understand that not understanding might be a problem (an op-relevant problem) to be solved? 

Here's where I'm going with this: There is a tendency to define the Christian as a "warrior" even though scripture defines is in much more diverse terms! Why limit ourselves, why limit others to one single solitary limited role when God gifts, empowers, and expects so much more? 

Well........

.....one of the most obvious answers to that question is "because that's what we're taught," and I'm gonna suggest that limited teaching is too limiting and because it is incomplete it is also incorrect! Neither you nor I nor any other believer in this forum, no believer in the body of Christ is only a "warrior." It's bad teaching. Yo may not be teaching the "only" but in the absence of any of the other roles we're given in scripture the op reads as an "only" kind of teaching. 

So I ask, 

What about Christian rulers, priests, and lovers?  Why is it so often "warriors" in neglect of all else scripture directs us to be? 

And the answer is, "I'm not sure I understand the question."

Can it been seen that lack of understanding might be an op-relevant problem to be solved?  We are to be 1)rulers, 2) warriors, 3) priests, and 4) lovers. If you (or any other poster) isn't aware of this a plethora of scripture can be provided to show this truth. The "royal priest" of Exodus 19 and 1 Peter 2 would one good place to start. Huge ginormous pile of scripture can be brought to bear on this matter. It's worth noting no scripture was cited in this op, btw. 

So why be just a warrior when we can be so much more in opposition to appeasement? Why settle for one fourth of what God empowers and expects? That's not even second best! 

What about Christian rulers, priests, and lovers?  Why is it so often "warriors" are asserted in neglect of all else scripture directs us to be?  

Not ignoring the other roles. But in this time of darkness I actually see more Christians attempting to define themselves as "lovers" and allow the darkness to define how they love and hiding from the role of being warriors. Love is the motivating factor or should be in all of our words and actions including the concept of being warriors. Though we are to hate evil we are not the hate the ones deceived into darkness. The role of priests is more of a future role, though some aspects can be considered as part of a ministry unto the Lord. I'm not settling at all by declaring that we need to be warriors as that encompasses so much more than you seem to be aware of.

No

Yes the Lord Jesus was all those things. We are to be warriors of light. We are to rule over our on bodies with the strength that comes from them. The Lord Jesus is our High Priest. We only fulfill the duties of a priest by being servants and by being living sacrifices. But many duties of the priest we do not fulfill at this time.  Jesus loved all men but fought against principalities of evil. He fought against the ways of evil and was a Mighty Warrior and King each day of his life as he continually conquered the darkness by not allowing sin in his life. He fought against hypocrisy, injustice, lies, ignorance, sin, etc....We are to do the same. The Lord died for all that all could repent and turn from the ways of darkness. We are to seek to love all but fight against the acts of evil and darkness. The Lord never condoned evil and wrong, The Lord never compromised and neither can we.