• Topic Count:  229
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  10,900
  • Content Per Day:  2.93
  • Days Won:  68
  • Birthday:  08/14/1954

12 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Billy Graham on the Wrong Side of History

It's not surprising for a publication such as the Guardian and and an anti-Christian one at that would take the most faltering aspects of Billy Graham and bash-the-dead as their bodies lie peacefully entombed underground. This is a common media tactic which also did the same for other famous persons we admired as overall decent persons. What they for the public eye is paint dreary portraitures of faults on the famed and make them appear as the worst of all possible individuals. Were all of them horrible human beings? I suppose only our Heavenly Father knows these things in all actuality. I surmise a good many of us would like to aspire as being good overall, but we are only dust when it comes down to our personal existence on this planet. 

As for a good many evangelists, I would like to give them credit for the humble beginnings of ministry for lost souls. I also feel that they had their hearts in the right place when they started out. When then on dependence for total support becomes lucrative, sometimes this can in turn can mislead the direction of their vision in servitude and become the emphasis of the entire platform. I've personally seen this to be evident in a lot of ministries I thought were of good and pure intention. The unfortunate situation is this. Ministry empires were probably not what the Lord had intended but mankind has much desire for gain and successes. When this becomes a primary focus in outreach, ministers of the gospel veer towards becoming misdirected from their original purposes. That is seeing souls saved. 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  44

On 10/25/2020 at 6:13 PM, Michael37 said:

I have come across comments that indicate Billy G wasn't concerned with preaching theology but had an anointing to reach all people and persuade them to accept Christ as their Saviour.

When you are an evangelist, the primary goal is seeing souls won for Christ. I was trained as an usher in one of his crusades here in our city for a week's engagement. We carried tracts to pass out for those who came forward to give their hearts to Jesus. There are almost an equal amount of them at the front stage to take a moment or so with each person and in the tracts is the following information. The basics of Christianity in what was termed: The Four Spiritual Laws. It explains what salvation is and what your decision in accepting Christ as Saviour means overall.

It also encourages each person to find a bible-based church of believers and begin reading the word of God also for themselves to better understand it. The Graham Crusade Ministries also offers a study you can receive at no cost to you and they send free literature to know the Lord's will for your life better. It's a bible learning course in assistance to help keep people walking right before the God. Hopefully, this gives our readers a little understanding about how the Graham Ministries operate. There is much more to the crusades than merely getting people saved.  

Edited by BeauJangles

• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.81
  • Days Won:  226

On 10/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, DocVader said:

I've seen a couple of posts here that speak of Billy Grahams false teachings and doctrines, but no mention of what they are.  I've heard him preach, I've heard his son and grandson preach, I've read a few of his books.  I see the fruit of Samaritans Purse.  

What exactly are his false teachings?

I have heard Billy Graham speak many times and I have not detected any false teachings. But I am not familiar with his son Franklin Graham. 

Since this is the wrong area to post videos, you should be able hear from the Rev. Billy Graham's own month the universalist teachings by spending some time on Youtube.  I have no desire to spoon-feed the truth to those who are already closed-minded.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

On 10/25/2020 at 4:06 PM, DocVader said:

I've seen a couple of posts here that speak of Billy Grahams false teachings and doctrines, but no mention of what they are.  I've heard him preach, I've heard his son and grandson preach, I've read a few of his books.  I see the fruit of Samaritans Purse.  

What exactly are his false teachings?

I have never heard  Dr. Graham teach anything but the truth.  Nor has his son, Franklin or his daughter Anne Graham Lotz.  

By the way DocVader... beautiful dog.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  38
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, RustyAngeL said:

By the way DocVader... beautiful dog.

Thanks.

What it boils down to I guess is that Graham has answered to God for any wrongdoing.   God still used him mightily to spread the gospel and thousands accepted Christ after hearing him preach.  His book Peace With God brought me back after a couple of decades of living in a backsliddin state.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Since this is the wrong area to post videos, you should be able hear from the Rev. Billy Graham's own month the universalist teachings by spending some time on Youtube.  I have no desire to spoon-feed the truth to those who are already closed-minded.

I'm not saying Graham and others like Oral Roberts, Pat Robertson, etc. aren't diluted in some ways. 

There are even some old commercials featuring Pat Boone doing advertisements for the Unitarians. 

The Unitarian Church, Church of Christ Scientist, and Scientologists, are also classed as "universalists". 

Edited by BeauJangles
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  4,264
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, BeauJangles said:

I'm not claiming he and others like Oral Roberts, Pat Robertson, etc. aren't diluted in some ways. 

There are even some old commercials featuring Pat Boone doing adverts for the Unitarian Church. 

They, the Unitarians like Church of Christ, Scientist, and Scientologists are also classed as "universalists". 

Scientologists are 'universalists'?

2 minutes ago, teddyv said:

Scientologists are 'universalists'?

More or less. There are enough similarities in these cultish groups to give them room to fit in the same box. 

What Is the Difference Between Christian Universalism and ...

Some Unitarian Universalists may believe in these things, but many do not. Each UU church is different depending on the beliefs of the congregation and the minister. Some UU churches contain a large number of Christian Universalists, and others are more oriented toward non-Christian religions or secular humanism. UU churches can be a good place ...

• Thumbs Up 1