Tigger56

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  679
  • Topics Per Day:  0.36
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  0

I know Thanksgiving will be upon us in just a few weeks. It is one of my favorite holidays and one of the few that I observe. It is a special day that is full of good food and time with family. It is also a special day set aside by a nation to give thanks unto the Lord. But I wonder how many truly look upon the day as a special day to count the blessings bestowed upon our nation or upon our families? I wonder how many pause to say a blessing before the meal or to give thanks?  My wife and I always say a blessing before each and every meal be it at home or at a restaurant. We don't make a big show of it but feel it is important to thank our Lord for his providing for us. I don't see it happen very often in restaurants but I always rejoice when I see others do it.  What about you and/or your family do you say a blessing before each meal? If not ... why not?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

6 hours ago, Tigger56 said:

I know Thanksgiving will be upon us in just a few weeks. It is one of my favorite holidays and one of the few that I observe. It is a special day that is full of good food and time with family. It is also a special day set aside by a nation to give thanks unto the Lord. But I wonder how many truly look upon the day as a special day to count the blessings bestowed upon our nation or upon our families? I wonder how many pause to say a blessing before the meal or to give thanks?  My wife and I always say a blessing before each and every meal be it at home or at a restaurant. We don't make a big show of it but feel it is important to thank our Lord for his providing for us. I don't see it happen very often in restaurants but I always rejoice when I see others do it.  What about you and/or your family do you say a blessing before each meal? If not ... why not?

I think the Lord before I eat a meal. 

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  771
  • Topics Per Day:  0.34
  • Content Count:  6,938
  • Content Per Day:  3.06
  • Days Won:  1

The good thing to thank God be4 rating is to remind ourselves of God creation for US all but it Will b better to share our meal with the poor families if we are able to.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  944
  • Content Per Day:  0.54
  • Days Won:  0

I can’t imagine any Christian not thanking the Lord before a meal even if only out of habit, though it should be from the heart. And hopefully Christian parents have taught their kids to do this from the time they were able to understand what prayer is. Thanksgiving should be no different from any other day in a Christian household, with the exception of more food and family(if you are blessed in thy way).

Good Friday and Thanksgiving are my favorite holidays!

• Thumbs Up 1

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,137
  • Content Per Day:  7.06
  • Days Won:  97

6 hours ago, R. Hartono said:

The good thing to thank God be4 rating is to remind ourselves of God creation for US all but it Will b better to share our meal with the poor families if we are able to.

Well said. Give as the Lord gives to us, withholding nothing good from the poor and needy on this earth. This is pleasing to our Father in heaven. :) 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  279
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  13,081
  • Content Per Day:  9.75
  • Days Won:  149

TBH I'm probably not as thankful as I should be sometimes. The pre meal blessing was something my mother always did and when I was older I did it as well. 

It's easy for this to become a habit, a formality, a thing we do without much thought. The most important blessings for me are the ones where I'm not called on to make things "sound good". I can just bow my head and say ,  Thank you Lord for this day, this meal, your direction, and whatever else is on my mind at the time. 

Probably the ones I hate the most are when I am expected to say a prayer at a restaurant . Not because I'm shy to pray in there but because I don't want others to think I'm "putting on a holy show". Ever been in a restaurant and a big guy in a suit clears his throat and says loud enough for everyone there to hear him, " Dear GAWD !!!!!! , Thank you for blessing me so I could bless everyone here with this blessing." Thank you Jesus for the mashed potatoes, the turkey, the..............I had better stop. I'm getting hungry thinking about it.

• Haha 1